Season Card Reservations/Relocations Direct Debit update 11/6

I'm not WUMing. I've been told by two different people that season ticket renewals/sales are 'slow' this year. I don't know why it's a surprise to anyone. We've had an uninspiring season and 10,000 fans have not materialised out of the woodwork.

The 'demand bubble' everyone is referring to is for the cheap seats, which sold out very quickly. There will be season tickets for anyone who wants them, and more. City aren't going to turn away tied-in customers. I'm anticipating creative pricing structures later in the summer to try to capitalise on that demand for cheap seats. But that's not going to happen until as many as possible have bought at full price.

I don't think they are that bothered, they certainly didn't make any effort to accommodate a first time season ticket aged 6 to sit with us, where there were loads of seats and would have impacted on nobody, they maintained that the 6 year old would get to buy when the appropriate time came on the waiting list (which I understand), the problem is, the seats have now been filled, and to move everyone in our group again would cost too much, so we shall be getting a refund on the deposit, so that's one sale they have lost, rightly or wrongly. (not judging, just the way it is.)

Re the premium seats issue we have just relocated (four of us) from CB1 around the 18yds line up to Joe's not a million miles away from the Directors box.
This was basically due to wanting a change (sat in same seats since we moved from MR) and really wanted a better view more than anything. For the Barca, Shef Weds and Castle games we floated around level 2 checking out different views and we liked what we saw so when this came up we jumped at it.
Expensive I know but footy is our lives so thats justification enough for us. Two of us drive from Stoke area so the free pint is not really a great attraction but will be welcomed I am sure. The other two drive/train from Watford so we have very different journeys.
The Premium seats lads were spot on and we can spread the cost over ten months so bollox in for a penny in for £1600 quid!!

fair point, it obviously looked more than there were
although i'm sure you are aware of Peter Swale's counting system

either way it goes to show no one bothered with filling the capacity, only our friends with the red marker pens

Exactly if we had a 200,000 capacity but there were 60,0000 empty seats I suppose the rags would have a field day seat counting missing the point that there were more people attending than ever before. Perhaps we should have a 40,000 capacity so there are never any empty seats. Weird way to look at it. Facts are attendances right now are at an all time high and that's all that counts. We build for the future not the past.

I don't think they are that bothered, they certainly didn't make any effort to accommodate a first time season ticket aged 6 to sit with us, where there were loads of seats and would have impacted on nobody, they maintained that the 6 year old would get to buy when the appropriate time came on the waiting list (which I understand), the problem is, the seats have now been filled, and to move everyone in our group again would cost too much, so we shall be getting a refund on the deposit, so that's one sale they have lost, rightly or wrongly. (not judging, just the way it is.)

Leave him on the waiting list, unless you want the cash back, and he's further up the list. Spots will come free next year and have another go. Until then carry him in and have a free season.

I'm not WUMing. I've been told by two different people that season ticket renewals/sales are 'slow' this year. I don't know why it's a surprise to anyone. We've had an uninspiring season and 10,000 fans have not materialised out of the woodwork.

The 'demand bubble' everyone is referring to is for the cheap seats, which sold out very quickly. There will be season tickets for anyone who wants them, and more. City aren't going to turn away tied-in customers. I'm anticipating creative pricing structures later in the summer to try to capitalise on that demand for cheap seats. But that's not going to happen until as many as possible have bought at full price.

Absolutely no surprise here. I was lambasted a couple of weeks ago for suggesting the season ticket waiting list would evaporate and we would be playing in front of many empty seats.... I admit I probably didn't phrase it correctly when I suggested the club thought it was bigger than it actually is, but I do still stand by that view in as much as we are definitely an established top four club, but we are not (yet) a force in Europe which is how I think the marketing people are selling us.

I am not sure of the changes in demand but I find it impossible to imagine City turning away any supporters on the season ticket waiting list who have committed a deposit to the club already.

My understanding is we have 36,500 current season ticket holders and rumours of 10k on the waiting list. In the event everybody reapplies and everyone on the waiting list buys a season ticket this is still only 46,500. Unless I have my figures significantly wrong and I am unaware of limitations of the number of season tickets allowed to be sold, everyone should be offered a ticket but not necessarily in the price range desired.
The rules for last season were that visiting fans should get 3,000 tickets (or 10% subject to capacity) and that clubs should reserve at least 5% of tickets for match-day sales. I don't know if these rules are in force next season, or if they are enforced because City didn't give anyone 3,000 tickets in the League last season. If those rules are enforced, then City could sell around 48,000 season tickets, but I doubt we'd want to do that.

Absolutely no surprise here. I was lambasted a couple of weeks ago for suggesting the season ticket waiting list would evaporate and we would be playing in front of many empty seats.... I admit I probably didn't phrase it correctly when I suggested the club thought it was bigger than it actually is, but I do still stand by that view in as much as we are definitely an established top four club, but we are not (yet) a force in Europe which is how I think the marketing people are selling us.
There are no facts just speculation. If Cup Final experience is anything to go by even those working in the Ticket Office don't have much idea of total sales figures.

What evidence have you got that the waiting list has evaporated? It takes time to shift another 8,500 season tickets (assuming that we are aiming for 45k season card sales).

It is good news if everybody who wants a season card gets one. It will be harder to shift match day tickets in the short term because many Blue Members will have become season card holders. It is not as if we were expecting every game next season to be a 55k sell out but it will be great to see some sell out crowds and regular attendances of over 50k.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.