Season Card Reservations/Relocations Direct Debit update 11/6

If they don't sell out I doubt the club will worry too much as match day prices are a big earner at £50 odd a go rather than the cost of a season card.

An extra 4,000 or so match day sales will probably be welcome.

In 2000 The Premier League required all clubs to have a Club Customer Charter. The premier league recommended clubs should have a minimum of 5% of their tickets available for match day only attendees. Most clubs did this but City never claimed how many of their seats were for season card holders and how many match day only. This information is not available on the current MCFC customer charter. A minimum 1,500 for away fans on sale or return with a further allocation approx 1,400 if required.
City will make more money on match day only sales so long as they are confident they can sell them. My guess would be they will claim they have sold out of season cards when the waiting list has been completed but I doubt whether they will make official how many season cards are sold. There is no official limit / target to measure against.

If they don't sell out I doubt the club will worry too much as match day prices are a big earner at £50 odd a go rather than the cost of a season card.

An extra 4,000 or so match day sales will probably be welcome.

They will for United, Chelsea and Barcelona, but the strategy has to be based on filling as many as possible for Swansea, West Ham and Watford.

They will for United, Chelsea and Barcelona, but the strategy has to be based on filling as many as possible for Swansea, West Ham and Watford.

Why?

The strategy is, at least partly, based on maximising revenue: 50,000 x £50 is much better than 60,000 x £30 for example.

I'm sure the club wouldn't want 30,000 x £100 as that would look shite on the television and hurt the brand image
but Barcelona only play in front of 75%-80% of stadium capacity on average.

The club want to assess the viability of extending the North Stand based on next season's attendance figures.
We all know that if we price seats ridiculously cheap like we did for the Hamburg match we could sell 60-80,000
every week but that isn't the game plan. We aren't working on the German model.

A worry, if there is going to be one, is filling the expanded stadium for CL matches. Especially against the lesser CL teams.

Reading back, quite a few on here have come out of the cup schemes. And with the CL prices being around the £35-£50 mark, the club will struggle filling the stadium.

It was hard enough last season.

A worry, if there is going to be one, is filling the expanded stadium for CL matches. Especially against the lesser CL teams.

Reading back, quite a few on here have come out of the cup schemes. And with the CL prices being around the £35-£50 mark, the club will struggle filling the stadium.

I tend to agree with you. I renewed the CL scheme but only after much thought: basically I didn't fancy watching us play in the final on the television. I think CL demand is falling. In the early stages it is a shit competition and not thought of as highly as the PL by the fans. There probably is some mileage in reviewing prices for that like we have done for domestic cup games. One real positive for me the last few years has been the FA Cup gates we have got. For most fans (not just City) the PL matches are "the gold standard".

Think you're right that would be the worry. Maybe the experience of last year and a bigger stadium will make the club pith the ticket prices better.

I dropped out of the Carling Cup scheme last year as at my age I am not keen on mid-week night matches in winter, I was glad I did after the abject performance against Newcastle.

After the FFP fine and the continual fiddling of the CL draw I have also dropped out of that scheme for the 2015/16 season, frankly I detest the competition.

And finally after the lack of performance against lower league teams at home in the FA Cup I have decided that if the players can't be arsed then neither can I, so I am out of all the cup schemes.

Just League matches for me, they are the games I really enjoy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.