Season Card Reservations/Relocations Direct Debit update 11/6

Maybe the fact that we were charging most away teams £50 odd quid a time had an effect.

Spot on Lee.

I wonder if cheaper ticket prices in the third tier of the SS will pressure the Club to offer cheaper away tickets to away fans in the new stand.

I know the majority of the stand will be full with home season ticket holders but many of them will be paying £15 a game on average.

Would the ground look better from a design perspective with three tiers all around? Affordable tickets and good deals will see it full.

Spot on Lee.

I wonder if cheaper ticket prices in the third tier of the SS will pressure the Club to offer cheaper away tickets to away fans in the new stand.

I know the majority of the stand will be full with home season ticket holders but many of them will be paying £15 a game on average.
Last season I was in 216 next to the away end an very few teams took up the Upper Tier. My season ticket would have been £620 to renew there, but the match day prices were £46 on average...often more.

I think match day prices are going to be dependent on how many season tickets we sell.

Our ground will be one of the must go too fixtures next season. Arsenal for the moment is a better stadium, but apart from that it's one game you'd really want to go too, and it will be more attractive in general.

You can see the effect on crowds when ticket prices are subsidised for away fans and similarly in Cup games when prices are reduced the ground is full when it used to be half full

any season ticket up to £600 is a steal in premiership parlance(just over £30 a game)
there seems to be many in the ground up to those prices
bottom line is you can afford it or not

Would the ground look better from a design perspective with three tiers all around? Affordable tickets and good deals will see it full.

Yes it would. It would be a bit like a bigger version of the Emirates or Bayern's Arena

As you know, our owners would want to see both the South and planned North Stand expansions sold out before considering that level of investment.

Last season I was in 216 next to the away end an very few teams took up the Upper Tier. My season ticket would have been £620 to renew there, but the match day prices were £46 on average...often more.

I think match day prices are going to be dependent on how many season tickets we sell.

Our ground will be one of the must go too fixtures next season. Arsenal for the moment is a better stadium, but apart from that it's one game you'd really want to go too, and it will be more attractive in general.

You can see the effect on crowds when ticket prices are subsidised for away fans and similarly in Cup games when prices are reduced the ground is full when it used to be half full

Good points Marvin. We are unlikely to sell the top tier for away fans for most games but I think we will have a job filling those seats with Blues (to replace the away fans) if the prices are prohibitive.

If we extend the North Stand it should be completed quicker than the South as any unforseen issues will have been ironed out, there's less hassle from traffic and more importantly there's no housing close by so work could continue almost 24 hours a day.

It was 2,846 until last season when it was reduced due to work on the South Stand. Seats lost at the back, and allocation in lower tier reduced to 1,500 which is what most clubs took

MCFC O/S said:
Premier League matches mean around 3,000 seats are made available for visiting fans, though this was reduced to approximately 2,700 this campaign due to the stadium expansion.
With that in mind, it might be surprising to learn Southampton – the furthest club from the Etihad in the top flight – brought more fans than anyone else for a league game in 2014/15
With 2,788 making the journey north, it was a terrific show of support for Ronald Koeman’s side and more than any other Premier League club this season – and that despite having only a sniff of a Europa League spot.
Next best and only 81 behind Southampton were Burnley who brought 2697 fans to the Etihad – 10 more than third placed Chelsea (2,687) and 18 more than Everton (2,679).

Spurs, Arsenal, Dippers, Newcastle and the Rags also all brought circa 2.5K so thats 9 of the remaining 19 clubs bringing well over 1500.

Last edited:
Just a quick update to anyone else that were concerned if they may get a season ticket or not.

I was 7179 on the list, and was my date today , got one no problem at all back in the south stand after a year sabbatical .

On a rough count there were about 200 individual seats from 121-116.

Think many may have problems getting two together but with have no friends it didn't bother me, even got an aisle seat for my fat thighs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.