Season Predictions

Not picking on you specifically, just highlighting your post as indicative of many on this (and other) threads.

If the above pans out as you expect I would expect to see literally hundreds of posters taking back their vitriol towards our last manager. A man who, remember, behaved with great dignity and class from day one, and who seemed genuinely honoured to manage such a great club as ours, and who answered the call immediately, not waiting for 4 years to fit us into his busy schedule of 'projects'.

- Why last year was top 4, CL semi final, and a cup win a disaster but next year, with last years squad plus over £100m in new toys, top 6 is acceptable?
- Why would failing to get through one of the easier qualification rounds to the CL be anything other than an unmitigated failure? If this were to happen it would be a gross misconduct and a sackable offence. No excuses.
- Who finishes above us in the league? Chelsea? Starting from a lot further back than we are: Utd? Ditto. And if they do are you saying that they have a better manager AND a better board than we do? Because to finish above is this season would mean exactly that. Arsenal? With Wenger and a board that doesn't like buying players. Spurs? May run us quite close but that's stretching it a bit. Leicester? Not again. Liverpool? Possibly I suppose. They do have the best manager from German football so it's possible.

Then we go to season two of three. When I fully expect Pep to be making eyes at his next project.

I can't stand this revisionism on here and the lowering of expectations.

We did not put the club on hold for 4 years, ripping the floor from underneath two world class managers in the process to write off the first of a 3 season master plan.

MP won a double in his first season, taking over a squad which many told us was bereft of morale, team spirit, and leaders.

Pep made the whole club wait for 4 years. We didn't do that to accept our lowest league position for 6 seasons.

I expect a title win or a very close run race at the absolute least.
Ironically I reckon Pep would agree with this more than he would agree that "just top 4" or "6th" would be acceptable.

Rant over.

Very close to my thoughts.

Don't expect many Xmas cards from posters on here though !!

Very close to my thoughts.

Don't expect many Xmas cards from posters on here though !!

Thanks for that but, no offence my friend, "Crowne point" blue?? You think you're being subtle but you're not. Just come out and admit it. There's nothing to be ashamed of in supporting the original "sugar daddy" club.

Prem - Winners
FA Cup - Winners
League Cup - Winners
Champs League - Winners

Anything else and Pep is shit

Prem - Top 4
CL - Round of 16
FA Cup - Semis
League Cup - Who cares?
======

This will be a transitional year as Pep molds the team to play his style. I don't expect to win anything this year. Three years hence though - look out!

Last edited:
I think we'll do a double of sorts.

Probably FA Cup and League Cup.

I suspect it will take us too long to motor in the Premier League but no less than runner-up.

And another Champions League semi-final failure to someone like Barca or Bayern.

I think we should win the league
The rest aren't really that good are they ???
and we've never played a full season to our capabilities
And we've never had all the big guns fully fit for a whole season.
League cup and fa cup are as much as a trophy as the charity shield IMHO

depends on how we start, i'm not as confident as i was; as | dont think we have had long enough together in pre season
still think we are top 3 though
and a cup

One of the domestic cups. This I'm almost certain of.
First or second in the league. Not a hundred percent on which.
Champion's League Semi Finalists. Finalists or winners during Pep's reign.

Here is an interesting one, I am hoping that there is someone on here with a theoretical knowledge of statistics who can have a think about this. The Guardian (who I had a protracted run in with last year over The El Gasico business) are currently running a series 'Premier League 2016-17 preview'. At the top of the article for each club there is a predicted position at seasons end, it says that this prediction is based on the average of the view of all of their football writers. They predict, of course, the Rags will be first. They have at least 10 football writers so theoretically that system only works if all 10 thought the Rags would be 1st. Of course, maybe the final prediction was actually 1.5th and we were 1.8th or something so the whole thing was 'rounded up'. Perhaps most interesting thing though is that the series started before they re-signed Pogba. It reminds me of an expression often used in Viz, 'these so called experts............'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.