Season ticket prices 2016/17

So all of us in the south stand second tier have to relocate so that some toff can have a padded seat cheers

Also, we can't fill 93:20 for many games at current prices! I've no problem paying extra for premium seats but another price increase and I might move to a cheaper seat and then the Club will look to increase revenue around the ground!

Bluemoon is not a person but a group of people on a forum, any one of those people including yourself can start a campaign ,if you started one I am sure people on here and Ric would endorse it ,people cannot pass the Buck and expect one person to fight the good fight while doing SFA themselves

The continued annual prices rises every year, and the prospect of another in the summer when most other clubs are lowering or freezing their prices at a time where the new TV deal windfall is coming in.

You own the bigges City forum on the net, you could stress the harm these increases are having on our core support. Presuming you gave a toss.

I think you're being unfair. Perhaps he does not want to be an "unofficial spokesperson" in the mould that Dave Wallace and Kevin Parker are/were and get all the criticism and flack that they have had in the past. I'd wager that's not what he signed up for when this forum was created. The forum gives City fans a voice. Don't think the club don't read it to gauge opinion because they do. The fact this topic exists and most people are against a further rise, as am I, means he has already done more than most to highlight the issue.

If I remember correctly, my 2010-11 SeasonCard was £525

Then:
2011-12 £575
2012-13 £625
2013-14 £700
2014-15 £750
2015-16 £800

In that time we have won five trophies but I have also seen about twenty mates and five family members priced out (today, for example, I'm meeting one mate to go to the match with when there used to be a tribe of us for every game!)
And we are no better a side now as we were back in 2010-11 yet I'm paying £275 more for my SC than I was then.

It's certainly not followed the rate of inflation! I don't really know how they can justify such a hike in prices?!

With the gigantic amount of TV revenue money already in the game in recent years I find it disgraceful what clubs charge fans up and down the country. With what is coming in from these TV deals from next season I think every single club should offer its fans a reduction in ticket prices and freeze that price for five years.

What difference would it make to the clubs? Let's say we have 37500 SC holders and the average price is, say, £600 (some tickets are £399 but some are £1500), that's just £22.5m. Even with the current TV revenue money clubs get that outweighs SC money significantly, and from next year it dwarfs it. Clubs could give SCs away for free forever more and it wouldn't make a difference to their books.

Reducing those prices and freezing them for the next five years would do so much to restore some club-fan links around all clubs because fans are starting to get sick to death of the prices. Yes, there are fans who would rather go without breakfast and start eating two meals a day to be able to afford to go and watch the club they love but fans are actually wising up to this shit more and more and are making life choices by sacking off their SCs. I've seen many lads - some you'd never expect in a million years sack off City - who have just packed in going altogether. It's just too expensive for them. And they were paying less than me and still could be around the £600-650 where they sat.

Unfortunately clubs don't understand this and I can just see more price hikes up and down the country for 2016-17!

If I remember correctly, my 2010-11 SeasonCard was £525

Then:
2011-12 £575
2012-13 £625
2013-14 £700
2014-15 £750
2015-16 £800

In that time we have won five trophies but I have also seen about twenty mates and five family members priced out (today, for example, I'm meeting one mate to go to the match with when there used to be a tribe of us for every game!)
And we are no better a side now as we were back in 2010-11 yet I'm paying £275 more for my SC than I was then.

It's certainly not followed the rate of inflation! I don't really know how they can justify such a hike in prices?!

With the gigantic amount of TV revenue money already in the game in recent years I find it disgraceful what clubs charge fans up and down the country. With what is coming in from these TV deals from next season I think every single club should offer its fans a reduction in ticket prices and freeze that price for five years.

What difference would it make to the clubs? Let's say we have 37500 SC holders and the average price is, say, £600 (some tickets are £399 but some are £1500), that's just £22.5m. Even with the current TV revenue money clubs get that outweighs SC money significantly, and from next year it dwarfs it. Clubs could give SCs away for free forever more and it wouldn't make a difference to their books.

Reducing those prices and freezing them for the next five years would do so much to restore some club-fan links around all clubs because fans are starting to get sick to death of the prices. Yes, there are fans who would rather go without breakfast and start eating two meals a day to be able to afford to go and watch the club they love but fans are actually wising up to this shit more and more and are making life choices by sacking off their SCs. I've seen many lads - some you'd never expect in a million years sack off City - who have just packed in going altogether. It's just too expensive for them.

Unfortunately clubs don't understand this and I can just see more price hikes up and down the country for 2016-17!

If the club has any sense, it would freeze season tickets prices. The club would look selfish if they increase prices while turning over record revenue.

If they increase any tickets next season we should work out what the across the board percentage increase has been and boo at every home game during that minute.

It's an idea anyway.
Not a bad idea!

Or everyone turn their backs on the game for that minute.

But then what if we score in that minute?

How about do what Bayern did at Arsenal earlier in the season?-don't go to your seats until 5minutes into the match?

It is quite a difficult one this. I fully sympathise with anyone who has had to move seats, moved away from friends (as I have) but I am not really sure anyone has been priced out and City do more than most clubs to cater for fans with varying incomes.

The case in point being the South Stand extension. The vast majority of the seats in the third tier are priced cheaper than almost every club and are on a par with some non-league clubs. I moved up there and £299 season tickets were still available for those wishing to relocate up to the end of the relocation window.

My circumstances have changed, having to undertake a significant travel journey and the costs associated. Without the value cards and price structure in the South stand I would not be able to go and so will be always grateful to the club.

Sadly it means I now longer sit with friends (meet up before and after). It's a small price to pay as primarily I pay to watch City play and I understand I cannot have my cake and eat it with regards price and location.

It's sad long term fans have walked away due to price but also for many it was because they were not prepared to compromise also. The overall point about tickets does stand but I do think (currently) City are better than most.

This is City we're talking about. They will go up again to bleed us dry. Not like they give a shit.

I reached my limit last June, to be honest I was 50/50 at the time. I’m still in the same seat I was from the seated Kippax. Great seat, apart from when it rains, when it’s a shit seat (the only reason the front dozen or so rows of the East Stand lower aren’t corporate already).

I reluctantly renewed as I still go with my Dad, who won’t miss a game (almost 70 and not slowing down where it comes to following City). I’ve had a season ticket since I was 7 in 1979 and I’ve been pushed as far as I can be.

Before the £299 brigade turn up, what am I supposed to do, sit away from my Dad? It’s the match day experience. I may as well not go and just drop him off before the game / pick him up afterwards.

We all know the cost of living has gone up far more than wages (which have gone backwards by comparison the last 2-6 years) so anything other than a reduction and I’m over my tipping point. Where that leaves my Dad I’m not sure, but spending an increasing percentage of my income on football is getting ridiculous.
Just out of interest, is there a reason why you both can't move to cheaper seats?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.