Season Ticket Pricing as a result of Stadium Expansion

DiscoSteve

Team supported
Manchester City
Seems that this thread needs to be created. Air your views around rising season ticket prices, availability of £299 tickets and general ability of 'traditional supporters' to continue to pay to watch City in the years to come...

BBC survey on the matter last season

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397</a>

On no count does City come anyway near the worst

I think we are going to see a pricing structure that attempts to cater for all sizes of pocket.

I hope that we have a structure that doesn't see anyone who has supported City through the last decades or so priced out of watching because it has become too expensive.

I get the impression judging from many replies to this issue on BM that most couldn't care less about Blues being priced out of watching city as long as they are alright jack.

My concern isn't just about being priced out but also the demographics changing inside the stadium so even if I wanted to go and watch City, I wouldn't enjoy myself sat amongst thousands of new fans who have chosen City as their BPL team.

Would you still enjoy going to the stadium if it was packed full of Tourists and the like, with little to no traditional matchday atmosphere?

I've been at City matches in recent times when we've had superb atmosphere in League matches then a week later I've stood at the same seat for the Real Madrid game and it's been flatter than a pancake, crammed with Tourists whilst Burnage Barry watches it down in the Pub.

This type of fan will increase as prices go up.

We are not, we're not really here
Just like the fan of the Invisible man we're not really here

Why Always Ste said:
I get the impression judging from many replies to this issue on BM that most couldn't care less about Blues being priced out of watching city as long as they are alright jack.

My concern isn't just about being priced out but also the demographics changing inside the stadium so even if I wanted to go and watch City, I wouldn't enjoy myself sat amongst thousands of new fans who have chosen City as their BPL team.

Would you still enjoy going to the stadium if it was packed full of Tourists and the like, with little to no traditional matchday atmosphere?

I've been at City matches in recent times when we've had superb atmosphere in League matches then a week later I've stood at the same seat for the Real Madrid game and it's been flatter than a pancake, crammed with Tourists whilst Burnage Barry watches it down in the Pub.

This type of fan will increase as prices go up.

Just like the fan of the Invisible man we're not really here
instead of having a pop at 'tourists' perhaps you ought to ask the missing seasoncard holders where the fuck were they ?

All different reasons but I can only speak for myself in that this season I'm in no cup schemes due to cost.
Sad but true.

I wanted to go to Bayern home (not in cup scheme) but was asked for £48.

To someone on a decent wage they wouldn't whinge.

I'm skint and £48 to me puts food on my table.

Sorry for being poor.

Why Always Ste said:
All different reasons but I can only speak for myself in that this season I'm in no cup schemes due to cost.
Sad but true.

Sorry for being poor.
therefore you don't really know if the people there were tourists or not as you weren't there?

Never said the Bayern game, I said the Real Madrid game.
In the season I was in cup schemes and could afford going to aways in europe, think I remember coming across yourself in Amsterdam.

Why Always Ste said:
.All different reasons but I can only speak for myself in that this season I'm in no cup schemes due to cost
Sad but true.

Sorry for being poor.

And I think you speak for the majority of fans mate.Football for the most is a hobby,but I accept that for some its a way of life.In 1968/69 season I was fortunate enough to watch City 56 times,everywhere and anywhere,due to having no financial constraints,other than ensuring me Mam was paid her board.
45 years later and I can`t do that now,for various reasons and I have been very fortunate over the years,that I have seen the Lads on a fairly regular basis.
If anyone even thinks of putting City before their family,then IMO they`ve got their priorities wrong.I do understand that money is tight,more for most than some it appears and I don`t think any true Blue should have to come on here and defend themselves if they can`t make it to watch the Lads.
However I do honestly believe that the Club are doing their utmost to try and cater for as many fans as they can,but its just an impossible task to please all and sundry and thats just the way it is nowadays.Instead of some people trying to blame the Club for the cost,perhaps they would do to remember that this all started way back in the 1990`s when the whole fucking lot of Chairman became too greedy,once they saw the money dropping on their doormat from Sky.
Its been said countless times mate,but unfortunately football is no longer a sport,but big business and we as a Club can now count ourselves as being very,very fortunate in having an Owner and Chairman who think about the ordinary supporters.
Yes it doesn`t seem like that to some people,but thankfully they`re in the minority.

I sincerely hope City have priced these new season tickets correctly.

For 2 reasons.

1. I hope and want as many missing City fans to come back as possible.

2. I want both stands expanded at the same time. Having only 1 stand expanded(the South Stand) due to a poor response will make the Etihad look odd.

As it is it's a great stadium. With both ends expanded it will be a magnificent stadium.

The club made a massive(arf!) mistake when we moved from Maine Road. It took years to correct. The club now has another chance to get it right. Don't mess it up again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.