Season Ticket Pricing as a result of Stadium Expansion

Victory Street said:
Cleavers / Millwall Away Vet - is the explanation earlier on the thread? Can you give me quick run through of what is and isn't going up to sixty quid a match? All of level two or just the sides? My letter says that the sports bars will be behind the goals so would expect seats there would be part of the package? I'm in 204 myself but would like to move somewhere cheaper on level 2 if there is going to be any such thing. Much appreciated.

Would the sports bar not be in the new extended bit of the stand? So peeps in the ends "hard seaters" pay more or less what the do now but only get to use the current concourse - that's how I'd read it?

el bee said:
Victory Street said:
Cleavers / Millwall Away Vet - is the explanation earlier on the thread? Can you give me quick run through of what is and isn't going up to sixty quid a match? All of level two or just the sides? My letter says that the sports bars will be behind the goals so would expect seats there would be part of the package? I'm in 204 myself but would like to move somewhere cheaper on level 2 if there is going to be any such thing. Much appreciated.

Would the sports bar not be in the new extended bit of the stand? So peeps in the ends "hard seaters" pay more or less what the do now but only get to use the current concourse - that's how I'd read it?

You could be right el bee. Letter talks about an "exclusive Level Two Club behind each goal, accessible to supporters in level two of the East and Colin Bell stands". And therefore by default, not supporters in North or South stands. So presumably level 2 north and south stand prices are not going to go up by 50%. If that's the case then I think there might be an almighty scramble of East Stand level two people trying to get out at the end of this season into whatever decent seats are left. Most people in there are ex-Kippax and were never looking to pay big money for an "enhanced experience".

The level 2 south stands will be highly sought after if that is the case. Although I can't see a £500 difference in price just because you don't get access to a posh bar. Especially for those hard seats close to the padded ones.

I wonder if people will be expected to pay £1150 without having priority to finals and/or away tickets. Can't see it myself.

does anybody know approx.,how many seats will be available at the 1100 + range ?cant see there being that many ,a third of Collin bell ,2 nd tier,is already chairmans/vips,and if I am not mistaken a huge chunk of the same stand is occupied by friends and family,of the players.just asking,

ped said:
does anybody know approx.,how many seats will be available at the 1100 + range ?cant see there being that many ,a third of Collin bell ,2 nd tier,is already chairmans/vips,and if I am not mistaken a huge chunk of the same stand is occupied by friends and family,of the players.just asking,

There's alot of seats in level 2 East Stand Ped and the dearest at the moment are £750 at Gold membership. East Stand level 2 is where there may be an exodus if it's all going up to £1150.

moomba said:
The level 2 south stands will be highly sought after if that is the case. Although I can't see a £500 difference in price just because you don't get access to a posh bar. Especially for those hard seats close to the padded ones.

I wonder if people will be expected to pay £1150 without having priority to finals and/or away tickets. Can't see it myself.

The segregation is exactly what happens now with the centre and outer blocks - except the people in the centre blocks are paying over £100 per match. We paid about £200 extra to use the MEN suite when the "new" Kippax first opened, so £500 extra now is about right.

el bee said:
The segregation is exactly what happens now with the centre and outer blocks - except the people in the centre blocks are paying over £100 per match. We paid about £200 extra to use the MEN suite when the "new" Kippax first opened, so £500 extra now is about right.

Works out about £25 a game extra for access to a bar, a padded seat and a slightly better view. Will be great if seats in the SS/CB corner don't go up. I'd certainly move there.

moomba said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
We have a World Cup winner playing for us along with a champions league winner and people are complaining..........come on wake up and have a look at what is going on, lose the little city mentality and watch us take on the elite, we are now at the top table and as such should expect to pay, who cares if you have to move and maybe make new friends!

It seems some people want to go back to being mediocre........not me

I don't want us to go back to being mediocre, but my support of the club was never reliant on success, or performances. We were led to believe that our support through the bad times was important to the club, that is clearly not the case any more.

I too will be asked to pay at least £1150, or get a cheap seat which is also the worst seat in the house, or pay the £450 I paid just a few years ago or more for a significantly worse seat.

I will have to join three cup schemes as we will have a good percentage of 12k new supporters that will jump ahead of me in the queue for finals tickets if I don't. I will have to pay extra for platinum to avoid being overtaken on loyalty points by people that became loyal when we became good.

I'm pleased that you are happy with the new plans, but you'll forgive me if I don't jump for joy at being monetised yet again. Still whats over 10 years as a season ticket holder when there are new corporates and rich folk eager for a good seat with a bar that they can spend their time in.

Exactly.

Ive sent my thoughts to the club, asked them to cancel my card with immediate effect, somewhat a knee jerk reaction no doubt some will say, childish, cutting my nose off, we should be paying these prices etc etc etc.

Sorry but effectively the club have told me via a 150% price hike in two seasons time they would prefer a different fan, they can have the seat now.

The additional revenue this will generate wont pay two top tier players wages for a season. Id be surprised if it wiped the nose of Yaya's monthly envelope.

Lets say the impact of the hike affects 20k fans at £400 a seat, thats £8 million. Nothing in the context of wages or the new TV deal. £400 is a huge amount to your average fan. And thats the starting price, the closer to the centre you are the closer it will be to £1500. However i doubt it impacts 20k fans but you see the point.

Look at German Football. Fans vote with their feet and as such price hikes dont happen and when they do they make a stand because as Bayern have admitted and quoted elsewhere on the forum their chairman said -

"We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?"

"In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan."

"We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody."

"That's the biggest difference between us and England"

This is a bad move by the club, £100 - £200 more i think most fans could stomach, those that cant afford, dont recognise the much lauded value of a new sports bar atmosphere - lets be honest there isnt much of an atmosphere in level two in your seat let alone in the bars, and padded seats or are similarly to myself fairly aghast at the way its been done will either drop out altogether, move to the equally lauded cheaper seats or just pick and choose.

Im genuinely pleased that the club are expanding and do hope that we fill the new ends but i suspect a lot of the takers will be a few thousand refugees from level 2 displaced by the ridiculous cost increase leaving us with swathes of empty seats in level 2.

Seriously how many people have expendable cash to the tune of £1150 plus Cups in this day and age?

This isnt London, were not the mob down the road, we are not a huge corporate draw, everyone was up in arms when Arsenal were charging us upwards of £60 to go there, now as a club were telling fans thanks for your loyalty whilst we were shit, youve had your fun, heres a 150% price increase in return - £1150 per season equates to £60 a game, £1500 equates to £72.

Hmmmm.

Am i pissing and moaning? Yes i am. i am entitled to? I think so. As moomba said, platinum, padded seats, cup schemes, where do you draw a line in the word loyalty so you dont get left behind for things like finals? Soon youll have spent £1500 - £2000 in a season just to get in, before you sit your arse down on the padded seats.

I see everything the club is doing, the extra revenue streams, the facilities, the team, the training ground the success and im grateful, i truly am.

I just dont see the loyalty reflected, move at the end of this season to a worse seat away from the people you have sat with for years and bonded with, in an altogether worse position in the stadium, stay for next season then have zero chance of a fair to middling seat or eat the price hike in two seasons time, f k you very much.

From now on ill pick and choose my games, i dont expect many will jump ship immediately but in the race to milk every last penny they possibly can there will be a natural shedding of fans and thats a shame given the rumblings from the club at the start of this journey.

Good luck in harvesting the corporate client types and ABC1s needed to fill those seats at those prices because we will need it.

dancingsilverback said:
moomba said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
We have a World Cup winner playing for us along with a champions league winner and people are complaining..........come on wake up and have a look at what is going on, lose the little city mentality and watch us take on the elite, we are now at the top table and as such should expect to pay, who cares if you have to move and maybe make new friends!

It seems some people want to go back to being mediocre........not me

I don't want us to go back to being mediocre, but my support of the club was never reliant on success, or performances. We were led to believe that our support through the bad times was important to the club, that is clearly not the case any more.

I too will be asked to pay at least £1150, or get a cheap seat which is also the worst seat in the house, or pay the £450 I paid just a few years ago or more for a significantly worse seat.

I will have to join three cup schemes as we will have a good percentage of 12k new supporters that will jump ahead of me in the queue for finals tickets if I don't. I will have to pay extra for platinum to avoid being overtaken on loyalty points by people that became loyal when we became good.

I'm pleased that you are happy with the new plans, but you'll forgive me if I don't jump for joy at being monetised yet again. Still whats over 10 years as a season ticket holder when there are new corporates and rich folk eager for a good seat with a bar that they can spend their time in.

Exactly.

Ive sent my thoughts to the club, asked them to cancel my card with immediate effect, somewhat a knee jerk reaction no doubt some will say, childish, cutting my nose off, we should be paying these prices etc etc etc.

Sorry but effectively the club have told me via a 150% price hike in two seasons time they would prefer a different fan, they can have the seat now.

The additional revenue this will generate wont pay two top tier players wages for a season. Id be surprised if it wiped the nose of Yaya's monthly envelope.

Lets say the impact of the hike affects 20k fans at £400 a seat, thats £8 million. Nothing in the context of wages or the new TV deal. £400 is a huge amount to your average fan. And thats the starting price, the closer to the centre you are the closer it will be to £1500. However i doubt it impacts 20k fans but you see the point.

Look at German Football. Fans vote with their feet and as such price hikes dont happen and when they do they make a stand because as Bayern have admitted and quoted elsewhere on the forum their chairman said -

"We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?"

"In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan."

"We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody."

This is a bad move by the club, £100 - £200 more i think most fans could stomach, those that cant afford, dont recognise the much lauded value of a new sports bar atmosphere - lets be honest there isnt much of an atmosphere in level two in your seat let alone in the bars, and padded seats or are similarly to myself fairly aghast at the way its been done will either drop out altogether, move to the equally lauded cheaper seats or just pick and choose.

Im genuinely pleased that the club are expanding and do hope that we fill the new ends but i suspect a lot of the takers will be a few thousand refugees from level 2 displaced by the ridiculous cost increase leaving us with swathes of empty seats in level 2.

Seriously how many people have expendable cash to the tune of £1150 plus Cups in this day and age?

This isnt London, were not the mob down the road, we are not a huge corporate draw, everyone was up in arms when Arsenal were charging us upwards of £60 to go there, now as a club were telling fans thanks for your loyalty whilst we were shit, youve had your fun, heres a 150% price increase in return - £1150 per season equates to £60 a game, £1500 equates to £72.

Hmmmm.

Am i pissing and moaning? Yes i am. i am entitled to? I think so. As moomba said, platinum, padded seats, cup schemes, where do you draw a line in the word loyalty so you dont get left behind for things like finals? Soon youll have spent £1500 - £2000 in a season just to get in, before you sit your arse down on the padded seats.

I see everything the club is doing, the extra revenue streams, the facilities, the team, the training ground the success and im grateful, i truly am.

I just dont see the loyalty reflected, move at the end of this season to a worse seat away from the people you have sat with for years and bonded with, in an altogether worse position in the stadium, stay for next season then have zero chance of a fair to middling seat or eat the price hike in two seasons time, f k you very much.

From now on ill pick and choose my games, i dont expect many will jump ship immediately but in the race to milk every last penny they possibly can there will be a natural shedding of fans and thats a shame given the rumblings from the club at the start of this journey.

Good luck in harvesting the corporate client types and ABC1s needed to fill those seats at those prices because we will need it.

Wow!

I think you have slightly over-reacted but thats your call.

I'm not sure i'd expect to stay in the best seats for the same amount of money but i genuinely dont think there's a "bad seat" in the stadium. Why do people keep calling them the "cheap seats" as though they are for peasants??? You say the atmosphere in Level two is shite, so why dont you just relocate? Saves you money and get a bit of atmosphere.

THe stadium HAS to expand for many reasons. THe club don't "prefer" different fans they just have to put corporate where it goes at every other ground!

Unfortunately there will be people we lose, although you do not have to be one of them, as you are merely spitting your dummy out at having to move seat. I assume money is not the real issue as you wouldn't be sat in Level 2 now?, Its a shame, but the vast majority want to move forward. Level 2 will be required for more corporate - so what! Let the club do it and move with the other fans like us - or dont you want to mix with riff raff??

Always puzzles me when the Level 2'ers moan about price hikes! I am fortunate enough to be able to afford a level 2 ticket but i opt to get the cheapest possible because at the end of the day its the same match i watch and the score is still the same at the end.

Hope you change your mind

Petrovs left peg said:
dancingsilverback said:
moomba said:

Exactly.

Hmmmm.

Wow!

I think you have slightly over-reacted but thats your call.

I'm not sure i'd expect to stay in the best seats for the same amount of money but i genuinely dont think there's a "bad seat" in the stadium. Why do people keep calling them the "cheap seats" as though they are for peasants??? You say the atmosphere in Level two is shite, so why dont you just relocate? Saves you money and get a bit of atmosphere.

THe stadium HAS to expand for many reasons. THe club don't "prefer" different fans they just have to put corporate where it goes at every other ground!

Unfortunately there will be people we lose, although you do not have to be one of them, as you are merely spitting your dummy out at having to move seat. I assume money is not the real issue as you wouldn't be sat in Level 2 now?, Its a shame, but the vast majority want to move forward. Level 2 will be required for more corporate - so what! Let the club do it and move with the other fans like us - or dont you want to mix with riff raff??

Always puzzles me when the Level 2'ers moan about price hikes! I am fortunate enough to be able to afford a level 2 ticket but i opt to get the cheapest possible because at the end of the day its the same match i watch and the score is still the same at the end.

Hope you change your mind

Its called snobbery !! ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.