Season Ticket Pricing as a result of Stadium Expansion

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Victory Street said:
Sorry if I'm going over old ground but I haven't got time to read the entire thread. If I'm not mistaken, the real message in that letter that came in the post last week was that starting the season after next it's going to cost a minimum of 1150 quid to stay anywhere in level 2, so if you don't want to pay that sort of money you better shift at the end of this season. Have I got that right? I hope not.

Padded seats only I think so behind the goals ok

Wembley and Arsenal have the entire second tiers for hospitality , however Arsenal's second tier doesn't have very many rows compared to the other stands. Long term it would be an option for the club to do the same.

Corky said:
Victory Street said:
Sorry if I'm going over old ground but I haven't got time to read the entire thread. If I'm not mistaken, the real message in that letter that came in the post last week was that starting the season after next it's going to cost a minimum of 1150 quid to stay anywhere in level 2, so if you don't want to pay that sort of money you better shift at the end of this season. Have I got that right? I hope not.

Wembley and Arsenal have the entire second tiers for hospitality , however Arsenal's second tier doesn't have very many rows compared to the other stands. Long term it would be an option for the club to do the same.

The common denominator is that they both have access to many times more corporate types, being in London.

We don't have many thousands of "corporate fans" and we may see empty seats in Level 2 after the expansion - at the quoted prices.

I will be asked to pay £1150 pounds for my season ticket as of 2015, will I be happy to pay this? Yes I will and I shall tell you why, I spent £450 a season several years ago watching absolute rubbish and nobody quibbled about the price. A few seasons prior to this I travelled the country watching us at far flung out reaches such as Colchester,Wycombe and Southend.

I now watch some truly world class players play for my beloved city and putting in world class performances. I watch us take on the current champions league winners for just £48........once again a world class event for £48!

I went to Ajax and Dortmund last year........a far cry from Wycombe on a Wednesday night!

We have a World Cup winner playing for us along with a champions league winner and people are complaining..........come on wake up and have a look at what is going on, lose the little city mentality and watch us take on the elite, we are now at the top table and as such should expect to pay, who cares if you have to move and maybe make new friends!

It seems some people want to go back to being mediocre........not me

kinkysleftfoot said:
I will be asked to pay £1150 pounds for my season ticket as of 2015, will I be happy to pay this? Yes I will and I shall tell you why, I spent £450 a season several years ago watching absolute rubbish and nobody quibbled about the price. A few seasons prior to this I travelled the country watching us at far flung out reaches such as Colchester,Wycombe and Southend.

I now watch some truly world class players play for my beloved city and putting in world class performances. I watch us take on the current champions league winners for just £48........once again a world class event for £48!

I went to Ajax and Dortmund last year........a far cry from Wycombe on a Wednesday night!

We have a World Cup winner playing for us along with a champions league winner and people are complaining..........come on wake up and have a look at what is going on, lose the little city mentality and watch us take on the elite, we are now at the top table and as such should expect to pay, who cares if you have to move and maybe make new friends!

good for you if you can afford that price,[£60] a game, but not for me. I wont have a chance of paying that but I will still go

kinkysleftfoot said:

If you can afford it then lucky you

As long as there is affordable seating in the stadium that's great, and I'm happy with the prices I've seen. Don't see how you can't be happy when the option is there to pay significantly less in a fantastically upgraded stadium in 2 years time

kinkysleftfoot said:

I don't want us to go back to being mediocre, but my support of the club was never reliant on success, or performances. We were led to believe that our support through the bad times was important to the club, that is clearly not the case any more.

I too will be asked to pay at least £1150, or get a cheap seat which is also the worst seat in the house, or pay the £450 I paid just a few years ago or more for a significantly worse seat.

I will have to join three cup schemes as we will have a good percentage of 12k new supporters that will jump ahead of me in the queue for finals tickets if I don't. I will have to pay extra for platinum to avoid being overtaken on loyalty points by people that became loyal when we became good.

I'm pleased that you are happy with the new plans, but you'll forgive me if I don't jump for joy at being monetised yet again. Still whats over 10 years as a season ticket holder when there are new corporates and rich folk eager for a good seat with a bar that they can spend their time in.

Not taking sides.

You'd pay more for a 2 week Holiday abroad. With or without spending money.

As for me. I'll probably be paying in the region of £600 to stand in Block 111(row X), in line with the corner flag. :-?

So for an extra £550 I could be sat on level 2, in a padded seat, with access to some swish bars, better service, etc.

However, I love being in the thick of the action, and being next to the away fans. :-)

jrb said:
Not taking sides.

You'd pay more for a 2 week Holiday abroad. With or without spending money.

As for me. I'll probably be paying in the region of £600 to stand in Block 111(row X), in line with the corner flag. :-?

So for an extra £550 I could be sat on level 2, in a padded seat, with access to some swish bars, better service, etc.

However, I love being in the thick of the action, and being next to the away fans. :-)

I think that's the main point here, you can enjoy city however you want to at varying costs........to be honest I don't think there can be any bad seats at city!

cleavers said:
Victory Street said:

That's how it was explained to me (by you I think) so it must be right :)

Cleavers / Millwall Away Vet - is the explanation earlier on the thread? Can you give me quick run through of what is and isn't going up to sixty quid a match? All of level two or just the sides? My letter says that the sports bars will be behind the goals so would expect seats there would be part of the package? I'm in 204 myself but would like to move somewhere cheaper on level 2 if there is going to be any such thing. Much appreciated.

Victory Street said:
cleavers said:
That's how it was explained to me (by you I think) so it must be right :)

Cleavers / Millwall Away Vet - is the explanation earlier on the thread? Can you give me quick run through of what is and isn't going up to sixty quid a match? All of level two or just the sides? My letter says that the sports bars will be behind the goals so would expect seats there would be part of the package? I'm in 204 myself but would like to move somewhere cheaper on level 2 if there is going to be any such thing. Much appreciated.
I went down to have a look myself yesterday
the guy there said the bars at the back of the ends will be available for everyone who pays £1015 and not in hospitality
however he did say that the £1015 seats will be along the sides, the padded ones that are there now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.