Season Ticket Renewals - small increases (again)

I say it every year but the revenue from a £50 (for example) increase on seasoncard holders is relatively negligible and with the amount of extra home games most of us are forking out for pretty much every season, not to mention 3/4 Wembley tickets, it seems it would be a massive kick in the teeth if they do go up again. There are far easier ways to make the same amount of money, as if they even need it. Poor business model to charge people more at the point of entry, better to fleece them once inside. Oh they do that as well. Better just renew as always.
It's a poor business model to have a matchday income 50% less than Chelsea despite having a much bigger ground.

What City fans need is a ground expansion which will raise revenues and widen the number of cheap seats.

Haven’t we just announced a new City record kit sponsorship deal?

Not to mention numerous new sponsorship deals throughout the last 12 Months.

Can’t understand why no prices have been revealed yet, not even an announcement to suggest anything. If prices were going to be frozen or even reduced wouldn’t the club have said by now. Or are they going to announce some major signings next Wednesday and then increase prices the next day when the focus is on new players?

Can’t understand why no prices have been revealed yet, not even an announcement to suggest anything. If prices were going to be frozen or even reduced wouldn’t the club have said by now. Or are they going to announce some major signings next Wednesday and then increase prices the next day when the focus is on new players?
That would be very cynical ... so yeah probably

It's a poor business model to have a matchday income 50% less than Chelsea despite having a much bigger ground.

What City fans need is a ground expansion which will raise revenues and widen the number of cheap seats.

Stamford Bridge/Chelsea based in London which, in comparison to The Etihad/City means: -
Population is significantly larger
Average earnings are significantly higher
Significantly bigger tourist industry
Transport to and from the stadium is efficient and frequent

It's simple economics. More people willing to pay silly money to watch the football means the club can charge higher prices. In Manchester we're not blessed with that luxury (for now).

The issue with further ground expansion at this point is that the club have already maximised their corporate (profitable) potential. They won't spend £50m+ on a further 6k seats, especially when the demand isn't there right now. 6k Season tickets at £300 would earn the club £1.8m before tax a season. Considering the build cost, it wouldn't make any financial sense to do that. Even if the tickets were £500 each that would only be a 6% pre-tax yield, which isn't bad, but doesn't increase the number of 'cheap' seats available. It would also be a minimum of 2/3 years out and is a hell of a lot of money, to tie up in a project with an average at best return.

The fan inside me would encourage the club to re-develop the North Stand for the big games. But, they're businessmen running the club, not City fans (hence why we'll see another price rise).

Disgusting If there is any price increase. No need for it at all and yet more fans being priced out.

People say we have the demand. But we often struggle to sell out for a lot of games

The people in charge don’t have a clue about our fan base. 100,000 people at the parade the other day - most of which I bet aren’t season ticket holders

Disgusting If there is any price increase. No need for it at all and yet more fans being priced out.

People say we have the demand. But we often struggle to sell out for a lot of games

The people in charge don’t have a clue about our fan base. 100,000 people at the parade the other day - most of which I bet aren’t season ticket holders

Oh they do.

They know everything about our fan base.

Numbers, age, location, possible income, spending habits, etc.

They employ people to sift through that data.

What you are trying to say, no offence, is that the club aren’t interested, and don’t listen. 9 price rises in 10 season's is proof of that.

The top guys at City(Khaldoon, Soriano, etc) will tell those directors underneath them to go away, crunch the numbers, work out how to maximise even more matchday revenue, and report back.

From people I was talking to over the few hours I was out I'd say 15-20% were S/C holders or regular (5/6 games a season goers).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.