Season Ticket Renewals - small increases (again)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mancity dan, 8 May 2019.

1. Eds

Eds

I take your point but when tickets have increased 10 times in the last 11 seasons and at a quicker rate than wages those people that could just about afford a ticket 10 years ago are now struggling. There comes a point when people think it is hard to justify the expense when they have a family to provide for etc and another price rise albeit £50 is the tipping point. I have my own and my two kids tickets to pay for so if they all increase by £50 it's £150 increase for me and I am sure there are plenty others in the same boat.

Last edited: 28 May 2019
  2. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Be interesting to see how the early leavers deal with this!

3. sam 1980

sam 1980

Team supported:
    Mcfc
    Disgraceful way to treat fans this. By not letting us know the price

4. sweenyuk

sweenyuk

I'm disabled and that link doesn't let me see season card renewals. Guessing it means from renewal day that link will work

UUJblue likes this.
  5. meeesh

meeesh

Ground be half empty start of second half :)

6. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

I take your point mate I genuinely do.

But, in your case you’ve got to find an extra £15 a month (DD is over 10 months not 12).

It’s not an insurmountable amount of money to find especially in the context it’ll allow you and yours to watch the best football any of us have ever seen.

7. Eds

Eds

My point is that £15 may seem like not a lot of money but it’s a continuous increase season after season. I reckon the increased cost of the tickets over the past 10 seasons has far outstripped my wages. It cost me and one of my kids (other couldn’t attend) around £250 to go to the FA Cup final when you factor in tickets, transport, food etc. A week earlier it was only slightly less to go to Brighton. The club has to realise that not every fan has a bottomless pit of cash and as a fan base we are one of the poorest in the premier league. Reducing ticket prices will go a long way to helping all fans and in the long term the club will benefit. There is an enormous raft of fans who want to come and watch occasional games but can’t afford the costs and there are a lot a season card holders who will pack it in as they have reached a tipping point.

8. JimmyGrimble10

JimmyGrimble10

Does anyone know if you can change the name on a season ticket to someone else? My Dad’s mate is willing to transfer his season ticket across to my Dad, provided the club allow it?

9. lancs blue

lancs blue

They'll tell us the prices on Thursday, it's not as if they're renewing them without telling us.

KnaresboroughBlue likes this.
  10. Corky

Corky

Not normally but a "season ticket amnesty" is mentioned in the City Matters' minutes from 9 days ago.