season ticket sales

well after having a season ticket for the last 34 years ive given mine up this season, reasons work ( now on shifts ) cost and to be fair ive seen us go where i never thought i would !!! supporting city for me was like a drug, couldnt get enough. i dont get the buzz any more and yes we are playing the best football i have ever seen.

bluestew said:
well after having a season ticket for the last 34 years ive given mine up this season, reasons work ( now on shifts ) cost and to be fair ive seen us go where i never thought i would !!! supporting city for me was like a drug, couldnt get enough. i dont get the buzz any more and yes we are playing the best football i have ever seen.

Totally get where your coming from. I have renewed but having dreamed of the big european nights, the trophies etc for years now its here it s all a bit of an anti climax.
Sadly these days success means sterile lacklustre atmospheres as the true fans get replaced by the tourists/corporate bunch.
Last season I can count the home games that I really enjoyed on one hand. Now away days are different, that is still like the football days of old but the home game experience these days is a bit flat. I'll still keep renewing though until the increases price me out when I'll either join the rush for the value seasoncards or revert to match day in the pub

bluestew said:

I can never understand that point of view, each season it's a new challenge, last seasons victories and cups are soon forgotten, I support in the present moment with all the drama and excitement, I want to see City win and win with style, I don't want us to be the plucky looses who everyone likes and feels pity for, we had decades of that crap, and lost a fair proportion of fans as well, not to mention the demographics we were not attracting enough kids and for any club to survive you have to get the kids through the turnstiles, it's never been a better time to be a City fan

didsburyblu said:
bluestew said:

Totally get where your coming from. I have renewed but having dreamed of the big european nights, the trophies etc for years now its here it s all a bit of an anti climax.
Sadly these days success means sterile lacklustre atmospheres as the true fans get replaced by the tourists/corporate bunch.
Last season I can count the home games that I really enjoyed on one hand. Now away days are different, that is still like the football days of old but the home game experience these days is a bit flat. I'll still keep renewing though until the increases price me out when I'll either join the rush for the value seasoncards or revert to match day in the pub
100% agree .... i said to Paul lake after winning the prem "i can give up now i could never dream of winning the league in the good old days!! " Football itself is is going down the drain ( has been for years ) over payed kids who dont give a shit about clubs. just the money and lifestyle, my wages are getting less yet £50 for champs league games is way out of my league now!

In reply to Tim of the oak it is all well and good to say implement the Bayern Munich policy. However what do you do if like myself 14yrs ago you are told that you have cancer, and you are to ill to go to any of the games, when even getting out of bed is a struggle. Yet I still bought my season ticket, knowing that I had cancer, so no I do not like that idea at all. There maybe a reason that they can't attend a number of matches. Tell me what's more important going to visit a dying family member in hospital or going to a city game, to me there is no doubt in my mind that the family come 1st for me always.

So yes family comes 1st for me and always will, after all city will be here long after we have left this earth.

bluestew said:
didsburyblu said:
bluestew said:

100% agree .... i said to Paul lake after winning the prem "i can give up now i could never dream of winning the league in the good old days!! " Football itself is is going down the drain ( has been for years ) over payed kids who dont give a shit about clubs. just the money and lifestyle, my wages are getting less yet £50 for champs league games is way out of my league now!
I think after winning the league in the way we did the first time anything that happens from now on in is an anti climax possibly THE greatest football moment ever ?

TBooksbluearmy said:
In reply to Tim of the oak it is all well and good to say implement the Bayern Munich policy. However what do you do if like myself 14yrs ago you are told that you have cancer, and you are to ill to go to any of the games, when even getting out of bed is a struggle. Yet I still bought my season ticket, knowing that I had cancer, so no I do not like that idea at all. There maybe a reason that they can't attend a number of matches. Tell me what's more important going to visit a dying family member in hospital or going to a city game, to me there is no doubt in my mind that the family come 1st for me always.

So yes family comes 1st for me and always will, after all city will be here long after we have left this earth.

Thanks tbooksbluearmy. I am just reading Tony's book btw. I have got a lot of sympathy about you health problems. However, as they say in the legal profession hard cases make bad law.

I don't get what your last point has to do with my post as most people can still prioritise their families and decide whether or not to renew their season cards. In terms of time commitment. We are usually talking about a few hours on a weekend.

I think you have overstated your case - and that is very reasonable given your health issues - but parts of your post sound like Yaya's recent tweets against the club.

I can't see the day when the club has a season ticket policy that discriminates against people who have been seriously ill so exemptions for worthy people like yourself would always be made.

Tim of the Oak said:
TBooksbluearmy said:

Thanks tbooksbluearmy. I am just reading Tony's book btw. I have got a lot of sympathy about you health problems. However, as they say in the legal profession hard cases make bad law.

I don't get what your last point has to do with my post as most people can still prioritise their families and decide whether or not to renew their season cards. In terms of time commitment. We are usually talking about a few hours on a weekend.

I think you have overstated your case - and that is very reasonable given your health issues - but parts of your post sound like Yaya's recent tweets against the club.

I can't see the day when the club has a season ticket policy that discriminates against people who have been seriously ill so exemptions for worthy people like yourself would always be made.

I posted elsewhere that one of my friends had cancer and that he had missed a lot of the 2012-13 season after 30 odd years of being a season
ticket holder (thankfully he's now recovered). I agree it would be entirely wrong to discriminate against people like that and I don't think
that the club ever would do.

The whole "empty seats" thing is frustrating at times when we are selling out matches and have a Waiting List for season tickets.
I think it is though something we just have to live with. As others have said with shift work etc they can't make every match.
Where we might improve the situation (cosmetically at least) and improve the atmosphere is relocating the Family Stand from
directly behind the goal to a less visible (from the television) point in the stadium.

Tim of the Oak said:
law74 said:
with the variation between st price per game and buying individual match tickets it is a good idea to renew even if you know you will miss a couple of games as you can nearly always sell it on for the games you miss

That's fine as long as we don't get rag types with season cards. who expect to miss most games
We've already got them though. Just look across the pitch at CB2 either side of the directors box. Lots of empty seats for most games yet these clowns can get priority on away game tickets without worrying about having the points.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
TBooksbluearmy said:

I posted elsewhere that one of my friends had cancer and that he had missed a lot of the 2012-13 season after 30 odd years of being a season
ticket holder (thankfully he's now recovered). I agree it would be entirely wrong to discriminate against people like that and I don't think
that the club ever would do.

The whole "empty seats" thing is frustrating at times when we are selling out matches and have a Waiting List for season tickets.
I think it is though something we just have to live with. As others have said with shift work etc they can't make every match.
Where we might improve the situation (cosmetically at least) and improve the atmosphere is relocating the Family Stand from
directly behind the goal to a less visible (from the television) point in the stadium.

Good post Wilf and sorry to hear about your friend. I think it could be a good idea to relocate the family stand as long as there are enough family seats elsewhere in the ground to help to bring through the next generation of fans.

I agree that we have probably have to
Live with the seats issue and in an ideal world we could target the Club's
Marketing efforts at attracting fans who stay to the end of the games (answers on a postcard!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.