season ticket sales

Does anyone know for sure how many ST's we have sold?
Because everyone used to quote the 36'000. But last summer the club clearly announced "we've sold a record number of season tickets" which means we now have more?

Just curious (as a blue member only)

Dunne's own goal said:
Does anyone know for sure how many ST's we have sold?
Because everyone used to quote the 36'000. But last summer the club clearly announced "we've sold a record number of season tickets" which means we now have more?

Just curious (as a blue member only)

Dunno but I'm guessing that since only a couple of hundred people got them from the Waiting List this season we are
probably limiting them back to the 36,000 level. What will be interesting will be the attendances next season given the
building work. The capacity may be down to 45-46,000. I guess that's the other question to ask, what will the capacity be?

East Level 2 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
law74 said:
with the variation between st price per game and buying individual match tickets it is a good idea to renew even if you know you will miss a couple of games as you can nearly always sell it on for the games you miss

That's fine as long as we don't get rag types with season cards. who expect to miss most games
We've already got them though. Just look across the pitch at CB2 either side of the directors box. Lots of empty seats for most games yet these clowns can get priority on away game tickets without worrying about having the points.

Good post mate and spot on. Hope to see you in 206 next season - or if not at the aways.

Btw, met a rag last Saturday whose set up a face value ticket site for the swamp. He promised me a ticket for the Derby but in the wrong end. No it's not Amrik

Tim of the Oak said:
I think it could be a good idea to relocate the family stand as long as there are enough family seats elsewhere in the ground to help to bring through the next generation of fans.

Totally agree Tim. As others have said we have a demographic time bomb in terms of our support (I'm 53) and we have to get
more younger fans into the club. The club clearly sees this as an issue and has to be applauded for it's efforts. Clearly though
they're not going to get everything totally right first time. I'd personally like to see the North Stand being more like the
South Stand in terms of vociferous support. Moving the Family Stand to say the third tier could be an option once the
North Stand is redeveloped.

I was there for the opening game of City's season against Blackpool in the old Div 3. We won 3-2 in front of a sell-out crowd. If you had told me that day that in 2012, 2013, and 2014 that we would have won two league titles and finished runners-up in the other year and that we would have been playing football in what will be the most spectacular stadium in the country I would not have believed you.

There's only 1 explanation for those who preferred watching City yo-yoing between the leagues than fighting it out for trophies. And we all know what that is

Marvin said:
I was there for the opening game of City's season against Blackpool in the old Div 3. We won 3-2 in front of a sell-out crowd. If you had told me that day that in 2012, 2013, and 2014 that we would have won two league titles and finished runners-up in the other year and that we would have been playing football in what will be the most spectacular stadium in the country I would not have believed you.

There's only 1 explanation for those who preferred watching City yo-yoing between the leagues than fighting it out for trophies. And we all know what that is

It was 3-0. And that game makes a good point - unless my memory has changed over the years the atmosphere that day was better than all but a handful of home games last season (them lot, liverpool, west ham are the only ones that come to mind).

I still can't believe that this has happened to us and would never wish we were back in the doldrums, but one thing that has been sad to see change is the atmosphere nowadays at home. The average fan has changed over recent years and that is a shame to see. So I can see why some people are saying it doesn't feel the same anymore, but then again that's what was always bound to come with success

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
I think it could be a good idea to relocate the family stand as long as there are enough family seats elsewhere in the ground to help to bring through the next generation of fans.

Totally agree Tim. As others have said we have a demographic time bomb in terms of our support (I'm 53) and we have to get
more younger fans into the club. The club clearly sees this as an issue and has to be applauded for it's efforts. Clearly though
they're not going to get everything totally right first time. I'd personally like to see the North Stand being more like the
South Stand in terms of vociferous support. Moving the Family Stand to say the third tier could be an option once the
North Stand is redeveloped.

I think the kids would prefer to be a bit closer to the action and not have to walk up miles of stairs. So no, it's not an option.

ManCityX said:
I think the kids would prefer to be a bit closer to the action and not have to walk up miles of stairs. So no, it's not an option.

Serious question does anybody know what the access will be for the third tiers in the South & North stands?
My understanding is that there will be no additional spirals. I'm assuming that we will be installing escalators
rather than stairs?

I take your point that the kids would prefer to be a bit closer to the action, yes that's probably true for most of them.
It also may make it difficult arranging the half time activities on the pitch if all the kids are in the third tier.
Personally I prefer to be high up, especially if I'm behind the goal, with Newcastle away being a good example but
I'm not a kid!

ftg said:
Marvin said:

It was 3-0. And that game makes a good point - unless my memory has changed over the years the atmosphere that day was better than all but a handful of home games last season (them lot, liverpool, west ham are the only ones that come to mind).

I still can't believe that this has happened to us and would never wish we were back in the doldrums, but one thing that has been sad to see change is the atmosphere nowadays at home. The average fan has changed over recent years and that is a shame to see. So I can see why some people are saying it doesn't feel the same anymore, but then again that's what was always bound to come with success
You're right it was 3-0. There were loads of poor games and atmospheres in that season though - especially the 1st half of the season when we struggled to get to grips with that division

City fans expect to win games now, but it had got to the point where I didn't know whether I loved or hated City. They were doing my head in. Thank God for players like Dickov, Goater and Horlock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.