season ticket sales

Marvin said:
There were loads of poor games and atmospheres in that season though - especially the 1st half of the season when we struggled to get to grips with that division

City fans expect to win games now, but it had got to the point where I didn't know whether I loved or hated City. They were doing my head in. Thank God for players like Dickov, Goater and Horlock.

Stop it Marvin ... I'm starting to get flashbacks ...

urmston said:
I renewed but the inflation busting 7% price rise wasn't welcome.

That's a bit of a rip off really when you consider the increasingly vast amounts of cash the club gets from TV and other commercial sources.

blame platini.

ManCityX said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
I think it could be a good idea to relocate the family stand as long as there are enough family seats elsewhere in the ground to help to bring through the next generation of fans.

Totally agree Tim. As others have said we have a demographic time bomb in terms of our support (I'm 53) and we have to get
more younger fans into the club. The club clearly sees this as an issue and has to be applauded for it's efforts. Clearly though
they're not going to get everything totally right first time. I'd personally like to see the North Stand being more like the
South Stand in terms of vociferous support. Moving the Family Stand to say the third tier could be an option once the
North Stand is redeveloped.

I think the kids would prefer to be a bit closer to the action and not have to walk up miles of stairs. So no, it's not an option.
We sit in 137 for this reason .those that want the family stand moved fine .give us the same kids prices and we will come and leave empty spaces in the south stand with the so called vocal hardcore as that's what we do apparently.!! Not even sure if the whole of north stand is actually classed as family stand as the seats in front of us are sold to anyone on a match by match basis

A few people have mentioned moving the family stand....is the "Family Stand" still truly a "Family Stand" - it was introduced a few years back so that parents could afford to bring their kids for £95.

Quite a few of the families who sit there are now parent plus a 17/18 year old son/daughter.

Personally, I was told (by customer services 2 seasons ago) I would have to move from the stand when my son turned 16 - he's 18 this season, and we have renewed.

My guess is the club would have difficulty relocating people like me, due to the number of season tickets we now have and without making the price increase unaffordable.

If we were forced to give up those seats and move elsewhere, the club would need to promote the first "family" on the waiting list - meaning the waiting list then has exceptions allowing you to jump the queue (in fact, it would be cheaper to register on the waiting list with a child and buy adult+child ticket in family stand just to get ahead of others)

mrtwiceaseason said:
We sit in 137 for this reason .those that want the family stand moved fine .give us the same kids prices and we will come and leave empty spaces in the south stand with the so called vocal hardcore as that's what we do apparently.!! Not even sure if the whole of north stand is actually classed as family stand as the seats in front of us are sold to anyone on a match by match basis

Another point is addressed above (last post) - there seems to be about 20-40 seats (maybe more) reserved for our youth teams - and these seats are left vacant at a LOT of home games when the U18s etc are playing their own matches or it's past their bed time - these seats are right behind the goal and are the ones most visibly noticeable on TV as they are together.

Our youth team at a game;
dc6a9LgBi.jpeg

de niro said:
urmston said:
I renewed but the inflation busting 7% price rise wasn't welcome.

That's a bit of a rip off really when you consider the increasingly vast amounts of cash the club gets from TV and other commercial sources.

blame platini.

Yeah the way we have cut back on the playing side is a disgrace.

BlueSkyBlue said:
A few people have mentioned moving the family stand....is the "Family Stand" still truly a "Family Stand" - it was introduced a few years back so that parents could afford to bring their kids for £95.

Quite a few of the families who sit there are now parent plus a 17/18 year old son/daughter.

Personally, I was told (by customer services 2 seasons ago) I would have to move from the stand when my son turned 16 - he's 18 this season, and we have renewed.

My guess is the club would have difficulty relocating people like me, due to the number of season tickets we now have and without making the price increase unaffordable.

If we were forced to give up those seats and move elsewhere, the club would need to promote the first "family" on the waiting list - meaning the waiting list then has exceptions allowing you to jump the queue (in fact, it would be cheaper to register on the waiting list with a child and buy adult+child ticket in family stand just to get ahead of others)

mrtwiceaseason said:

Another point is addressed above (last post) - there seems to be about 20-40 seats (maybe more) reserved for our youth teams - and these seats are left vacant at a LOT of home games when the U18s etc are playing their own matches or it's past their bed time - these seats are right behind the goal and are the ones most visibly noticeable on TV as they are together.

Our youth team at a game;
dc6a9LgBi.jpeg
The block of seats you refer too are next too me this last season they have been filled with Chelsea ,Fulham fans city youth team city workers and tourists of all sorts.hence the question is all the north stand the family stand ?

The point about the U18s is interesting. If the club is designating blocks of seats that it knows will be rarely used
to our youth players and quite possibly other groups as well directly behind the goal then the club itself must
not think that this is an issue. Personally I think that they are wrong to do this.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
The point about the U18s is interesting. If the club is designating blocks of seats that it knows will be rarely used
to our youth players and quite possibly other groups as well directly behind the goal then the club itself must
not think that this is an issue. Personally I think that they are wrong to do this.
For other groups read away fans.had no problems with them as they behaved and even stood and applauded yayas wonder strike.did have problems with the tourists taking selfies in injury time at the Sunderland game at that point we had thrown the league away .never been involved in trouble before but was over the seats to confront them only to be dragged back by the daughter.why they had come I don't know they didn't even look at the pitch and to see them laughing and clowning about as nasri missed that sitter was too much for me !!!

Wilf Wild 1937 said:

We have gone a tad off topic, but the seats I talk about are 4-6 rows directly behind the goal in 137 and more in 138 - those are the two most visible blocks on the TV when camera points at the North Stand goal.

I've never noticed away fans on those seats, but if you watch Kolarovs equaliser v Sunderland in 2012 there IS a group of about 5-6 fans stood not cheering and looking a tad glum. (see 11.33 on video - second zoom in to fans - locate bald guy near bottom middle - you are now a detective, well done)
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjSc4CM30WU[/video]

PS...the youth team also seem to leave early...maybe I should put that on the relevant thread :)

the block of seats you are on about is rows D and E 1043 going up in block 137 we deffo get away fans in them and you are quite right the youth team are early leavers !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.