Season Ticket Waiting List | Sold Out

It’s starting to sound like we really do need the expansion now. Might be worth asking for an update at the next City Matters meeting.

It’s starting to sound like we really do need the expansion now. Might be worth asking for an update at the next City Matters meeting.
We've asked and been told it's going to happen at some point. I suspect it won't be until after the arena is built though.

The reason for saying that is that there's a possibility of doing more than just building a new tier to the North Stand. We'd ideally like them to cover the City Square area as part of the expansion and make it a major pre-match venue. However the arena might be able to provide that, so I think they'll wait to see how things pan out with that first. That's just my personal view though.

Danny Wilson has shared the figures with us at City Matters and each game is generally sold out. There'll be a handful, against a team like Watford on a Wednesday night in February, that don't but all weekend games, and many midweek ones, do sell out.

In a stadium that holds 53k, there will be 3k away fans for a start. Then we have nearly 40k seasoncards, plus 3k (at a guess) in hospitality. That doesn't leave many matchday tickets to sell.

The problem is, and obviously the club can track numbers accurately, is that people don't turn up (and you'd be amazed how many that is sometimes) and the majority of those don't list their tickets or otherwise make them available. If you have a foolproof method of changing that, or even any good ideas, let me know.
It’s quite obvious that the reason for the empty seats is season ticket holders not turning up. Quite a few around me aren’t there most of the time, their seat is always left empty. I work shifts so I don’t go to every game, but when I put my seat on the exchange it never sells so I just give my ticket away.

We've asked and been told it's going to happen at some point. I suspect it won't be until after the arena is built though.

The reason for saying that is that there's a possibility of doing more than just building a new tier to the North Stand. We'd ideally like them to cover the City Square area as part of the expansion and make it a major pre-match venue. However the arena might be able to provide that, so I think they'll wait to see how things pan out with that first. That's just my personal view though.
They whole stadium on the outside needs a bit of a make over. We’ve got this brand new state of the art arena, fantastic training complex and a dull, odd looking stadium. We sound like a right bunch of spoilt bastards, but fuck it, get you’re cash out Mansour!

This could be a good shout

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed reply.

The issue I have is that I think the club have been very underhand in this as at no point have they said that Silver would be the only option for new members this summer. When it was announced it was seen as an option for people who for various reasons couldn't commit to a full SC. The reality is that new members that wanted the opportunity to buy a full SC have found out by Chinese Whispers that no Gold or Platinum options were offered for sale. To try to dress this up as the club offering cheaper tickets is disingenuous to say the least in my view.
Do you know what disingenuous means? That’s seems a very strange comment in response to a fact about Silver Cards working out cheaper than buying the 14 match tickets individually.

I was a print at home guy last season, if I want to change to a mobile ticket do I need to contact the club or will mobile tickets be the default option this season ?

Danny Wilson has shared the figures with us at City Matters and each game is generally sold out. There'll be a handful, against a team like Watford on a Wednesday night in February, that don't but all weekend games, and many midweek ones, do sell out.

In a stadium that holds 53k, there will be 3k away fans for a start. Then we have nearly 40k seasoncards, plus 3k (at a guess) in hospitality. That doesn't leave many matchday tickets to sell.

The problem is, and obviously the club can track numbers accurately, is that people don't turn up (and you'd be amazed how many that is sometimes) and the majority of those don't list their tickets or otherwise make them available. If you have a foolproof method of changing that, or even any good ideas, let me know.

I’ve no idea how or why it even happens, never mind how to change it. Doesn’t even particularly bother me. It just intrigues me.

I see with my own eyes, rows of seats at the very front of the North Stand for some low key “sold out” games, with only a handful of people sat on them. They aren’t no show season tickets holders. The same seats were all available to relocate into last week.

It’s just bizarre when you see “sold out” signs on the ticket office windows and then walk in and see that.

I’ve no idea how or why it even happens, never mind how to change it. Doesn’t even particularly bother me. It just intrigues me.

I see with my own eyes, rows of seats at the very front of the North Stand for some low key “sold out” games, with only a handful of people sat on them. They aren’t no show season tickets holders. The same seats were all available to relocate into last week.

It’s just bizarre when you see “sold out” signs on the ticket office windows and then walk in and see that.
Those rows of seats at the front of North Stand over recent years have been allocated to a combination of school trips and youth and women’s football teams. That’s a separate issue to the reasons for the majority of empty seats that’s about season card holder no shows. Those season card holders might have good reasons for not attending but they are the biggest category of no shows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.