Season Ticket Waiting List | Sold Out

With so many season ticket holders not turning up for games and not listing their tickets for resale then the club really need to start getting tough on them.

I recall reading Bayern have a threshold that must be met to meet otherwise fans lose their seasoncard.

Maybe doesn’t have to be that strict - but give supporters only turning up for big games warnings first and provide help with guidance on how to list their tickets for resale.

If it doesn’t change then they lose the right to renew.

Those rows of seats at the front of North Stand over recent years have been allocated to a combination of school trips and youth and women’s football teams. That’s a separate issue to the reasons for the majority of empty seats that’s about season card holder no shows. Those season card holders might have good reasons for not attending but they are the biggest category of no shows.

I’m not suggesting it’s the biggest factor. It’s just the most noticeable, to me at least, as they’re all together, rather than ones and twos scattered about the whole stadium.

If it’s not a daft question, if these youths, women and schools don’t bother coming, why not take down the “sold out” signs and try and resell them?

I've just checked and the rough equivalent of my seat in 109/110 at the Emirates is £64 for Cat A, £36.50 for Cat B and £26 for Cat C.

The Cat A price at Arsenal is therefore about the same but the other 2 are far lower than ours, which are around £52/£43.

Because you’ve posted about the pricing system. Can I quickly ask what is the adult and kids price for Cat A, Cat B and Cat C?

I’m trying to work out a rough cost for buying match to match next season for both me and my lad. I’ve tried having a gander on the club website for last seasons prices but I can’t find them.

With so many season ticket holders not turning up for games and not listing their tickets for resale then the club really need to start getting tough on them.

I recall reading Bayern have a threshold that must be met to meet otherwise fans lose their seasoncard.

Maybe doesn’t have to be that strict - but give supporters only turning up for big games warnings first and provide help with guidance on how to list their tickets for resale.

This is from the Terms and Conditions for 22/23
  1. 4.11. Season Ticket Holders must (as a minimum) either: (a) personally attend 10 Premier League Matches; or (b) list their Season Ticket on the Ticket Exchange, for 10 Premier League Matches (in accordance with the Ticket Exchange T&Cs); or (c) transfer their Season Ticket, for 10 Premier League Matches, to a member of their City Family Group.

They definitely started going down that road just before Covid. In the previous season I got an email bollocking me for not coming one game when I turned up late and they let me in through one of those non turnstile entries and didn’t scan my card.

My guess is they’re a bit reluctant to re-start questioning no shows while Covid is still around, incase it looks like they’re trying to encourage people to turn up who should be isolating.

Danny Wilson has shared the figures with us at City Matters and each game is generally sold out. There'll be a handful, against a team like Watford on a Wednesday night in February, that don't but all weekend games, and many midweek ones, do sell out.

In a stadium that holds 53k, there will be 3k away fans for a start. Then we have nearly 40k seasoncards, plus 3k (at a guess) in hospitality. That doesn't leave many matchday tickets to sell.

The problem is, and obviously the club can track numbers accurately, is that people don't turn up (and you'd be amazed how many that is sometimes) and the majority of those don't list their tickets or otherwise make them available. If you have a foolproof method of changing that, or even any good ideas, let me know.
Absolutely hammer home the message that unless the ticket is utilised for a minimum amount of games then the ticket will be taken off the holder. Make everybody aware that a ticket is considered utilised if the ticket holder attends in person, uses the ticket transfer (assuming the recipient attends), or lists on the exchange, thus ensuring people can’t complain about being victimised if they can’t always attend. Send out text messages, emails, put it on the club website, social media. Promote the ticket transfer and exchange, use video demonstrations on how to use it if some people are unsure.
I know the club have made some vague references to this in the past but I’ve no idea if they’re enforcing it or not. Too many people are blasé about doing something with their ticket if they can’t attend or more pertinently can’t be arsed attending. People need to be made fully aware there will be consequences if they don’t use the ticket properly.

Absolutely hammer home the message that unless the ticket is utilised for a minimum amount of games then the ticket will be taken off the holder. Make everybody aware that a ticket is considered utilised if the ticket holder attends in person, uses the ticket transfer (assuming the recipient attends), or lists on the exchange, thus ensuring people can’t complain about being victimised if they can’t always attend. Send out text messages, emails, put it on the club website, social media. Promote the ticket transfer and exchange, use video demonstrations on how to use it if some people are unsure.
I know the club have made some vague references to this in the past but I’ve no idea if they’re enforcing it or not. Too many people are blasé about doing something with their ticket if they can’t attend or more pertinently can’t be arsed attending. People need to be made fully aware there will be consequences if they don’t use the ticket properly.

And then when we next go a couple of seasons without winning anything, they’ll be begging people who’ve had their tickets taken off them after decades of having them, to come back.

It's because ST holders were abusing the reasonably cheap offers and not attending that this situation has come about.

Do other clubs have the same problem even though the London clubs are far more expensive?

I’m not suggesting it’s the biggest factor. It’s just the most noticeable, to me at least, as they’re all together, rather than ones and twos scattered about the whole stadium.

If it’s not a daft question, if these youths, women and schools don’t bother coming, why not take down the “sold out” signs and try and resell them?
I don’t think the Club know if they are turning up until the last minute eg school parties delayed on the motorway or youth games going to extra time etc.

More effort was made to fill these seats a few years ago by eg relocating seats for the Women’s Team IIRC. Maybe they need to look at this again?

Last edited:

Listed mine twice last season. Once when it clashed with a rearranged pre-covid concert and the other for a holiday booked before the fixtures arranged.

First game West Ham at home there were no takers, second game Villa at home went in two days. I agree the club should be looking at people’s non-attendance, but if you offer your seat for sale and nobody wants it there is nothing they can do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.