Season Ticket Waiting List | Sold Out

Do you know I chose that name so everyone who couldn't argue with what I said could make the same silly quip to make themselves feel better.

You didn't disappoint.
And there's always someone who thinks CM reps are nodding dogs, in awe of simply being in the presence of the club's senior operational leadership. And you certainly didn't disappoint.

Seriously though, if you think City Matters reps are nodding dogs I can assure you we actually have some very heated discussions in CM meetings at times. We also have some very detailed and searching debates with the club on various subjects, particularly ticketing, catering, sustainability and inclusivity.

As I said a few posts earlier though, it's easy for fans not involved in these discussions to take a very black and white view, without understanding all the issues fully.

And there's always someone who thinks CM reps are nodding dogs, in awe of simply being in the presence of the club's senior operational leadership. And you certainly didn't disappoint.

If you think City Matters reps are nodding dogs I can assure you we actually have some very heated discussions in CM meetings at times. We also have some very detailed and searching debates with the club on various subjects, particularly ticketing, catering, sustainability and inclusivity.
I look forward to seeing the minutes of these meetings so we can judge for ourselves. Oh wait....

Seriously though, if you think City Matters reps are nodding dogs I can assure you we actually have some very heated discussions in CM meetings at times. We also have some very detailed and searching debates with the club on various subjects, particularly ticketing, catering, sustainability and inclusivity.

As I said a few posts earlier though, it's easy for fans not involved in these discussions to take a very black and white view, without understanding all the issues fully.
Don’t get him started on the catering…

Thanks PB for all your efforts on City Matters.

On a wider point (not aimed at you) about City’s admin / operational management. They have a job to do and that’s partly to sustain or increase the wealth of our owners. How
many of us would go into work tomorrow and say I’m going to reduce the wealth of my employer. Thankfully, I’m self employed.

Yes plenty of things could be managed better by the Club’s admin / management. Likewise.they get plenty of things right too IMHO. Demand for season cards and silver cards were always likely to exceed supply and I hope the Blues who missed out get sorted before the following season.

Thanks PB for all your efforts on City Matters.

On a wider point (not aimed at you) about City’s admin / operational management. They have a job to do and that’s partly to sustain or increase the wealth of our owners. How
many of us would go into work tomorrow and say I’m going to reduce the wealth of my employer. Thankfully, I’m self employed.

Yes plenty of things could be managed better by the Club’s admin / management. Likewise.they get plenty of things right too IMHO. Demand for season cards and silver cards were always likely to exceed supply and I hope the Blues who missed out get sorted before the following season.
I'd second that we should be thankful to those Blues who give up their time to ensure the fanbase has a voice in changing times.

It really isn't CM's fault that it's quite common for senior levels of management in big organisations to ignore what people on the ground are saying until it's too late or just cherrypick and bend the bits that suit their interests. They are inevitably focussed on covering their own arses in the short term and the bottom line.

My gut feeling is that City are acting like sun will always shine, that the future lies in tourism and the metaverse, and that 'legacy' and local fans will absorb any extra costs thrown at them. They are not appreciating that when City were in the doldrums we were drawing crowds of 30k plus because people had developed strong bonds with the club at a time when matchgoing was much more accessible, and that the majority of those people were from within 50 miles of Maine Road if not ten.

York away is nearly 25 years ago now and the average attendee is now going to be into middle age if not approaching retirement. But I'm not seeing much urgency in creating that level of attachment for the future. That doesn't look like a sexy project in the short term to a senior exec, I don't doubt. But even apart from debates about the soul of a club, that's potentially years of recurring income for a club.

If season ticket holders don’t turn up then warn them and if it continues take it off then and give it to someone who will. Simple. The data is there. Some discretion for sure but we can look at the serial offenders over the last 3 years - contact them that this season they are under review and they can sort it out or lose their ticket. We shouldn’t take it for granted and we should show due courtesy to fellow fans and use the season tickets properly. We are merely driving up prices and inflating the market which costs others hard earned cash at this horrible time.

And if they hadn't offered them to existing season ticket holders, people would then be moaning that they would have liked the chance of a cheaper ticket. No one is in a position to judge other people's financial situation. There may well have been people with season cards who were worried about how they would afford to pay for them, when living costs are rocketing and wages/benefits aren't keeping track of those costs.

And you've quoted my post where I talked about the numbers of tickets available yet clearly haven't understood it.

We'll get the exact figures when we next meet with the club but my belief is that the majority of these tickets will have been taken by existing season card holders. All the games that aren't included will be on TV anyway so many will have been tempted by an offer that means they'll be able to see all the games that are less likely to be televised.
No one is in a position to judge other people's financial situation.
You wouldn't have thought that that needed explaining really but this thread (and others along the same vein) tend to be full of self-centred posts.

And you've quoted my post where I talked about the numbers of tickets available yet clearly haven't understood it.
More likely not read it as posters are generally already creating their response before reading and comprehending what it is they're replying to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.