Season Ticket Waiting List | Sold Out

I'd second that we should be thankful to those Blues who give up their time to ensure the fanbase has a voice in changing times.

It really isn't CM's fault that it's quite common for senior levels of management in big organisations to ignore what people on the ground are saying until it's too late or just cherrypick and bend the bits that suit their interests. They are inevitably focussed on covering their own arses in the short term and the bottom line.

My gut feeling is that City are acting like sun will always shine, that the future lies in tourism and the metaverse, and that 'legacy' and local fans will absorb any extra costs thrown at them. They are not appreciating that when City were in the doldrums we were drawing crowds of 30k plus because people had developed strong bonds with the club at a time when matchgoing was much more accessible, and that the majority of those people were from within 50 miles of Maine Road if not ten.

York away is nearly 25 years ago now and the average attendee is now going to be into middle age if not approaching retirement. But I'm not seeing much urgency in creating that level of attachment for the future. That doesn't look like a sexy project in the short term to a senior exec, I don't doubt. But even apart from debates about the soul of a club, that's potentially years of recurring income for a club.
Ah, but the exec team are thinking big picture and will probably have as much (if not more in some cases) an eye on new fans in SE Asia and the Middle East as the next generation of match going fans from the Miles Platting area. Brand creation and all that. They are banking on the fact that if there are enough overseas fans then tourists will snap up any available tickets (and there are plenty in my seating area most match days). Whether they provide the same atmosphere (and atmosphere is part of the tourist experience so it is all connected) is a moot point. Not saying it is right or wrong but that is the way football has gone - it is a global business.

As a comparison, I went with the family to an LA dodgers baseball game when we were on holiday a couple of years ago. I have no affinity with the Dodgers and haven't really followed them since but it was a fun day out and I imagine the reverse is true to overseas fans coming here. Though the weather is generally far worse in East Manchester...

That's something we've definitely had influence on. We're far from perfection yet but we've got the independent food vendors in, better selection of beers and we got Bovril back on the menu.
Does this mean them posh hot dogs have fucked off? Had the misfortune of having one of these early last season. I’m at the footy, I want a dirty hot dog. Instead you’re getting brioche rolls and what not. Not bought a bit of food since so fingers crossed there’s an improvement there.

And if they hadn't offered them to existing season ticket holders, people would then be moaning that they would have liked the chance of a cheaper ticket. No one is in a position to judge other people's financial situation. There may well have been people with season cards who were worried about how they would afford to pay for them, when living costs are rocketing and wages/benefits aren't keeping track of those costs.

And you've quoted my post where I talked about the numbers of tickets available yet clearly haven't understood it.

We'll get the exact figures when we next meet with the club but my belief is that the majority of these tickets will have been taken by existing season card holders. All the games that aren't included will be on TV anyway so many will have been tempted by an offer that means they'll be able to see all the games that are less likely to be televised.
Considering I think only one out of the hundreds on here I’ve seen wanting a season ticket, actually wanted silver proves how little demand there is for it. It’s a stupid idea which the percentage of people who wanted it will be minimal, hopefully they release the figures of what existing season ticket holder downgraded. Can’t see there being many. You know it’s an exercise to sell the bigger games to tourists for more revenue, if you’re going to be a voice of the fans at least say it for what it is. Also the shambles in which it was organised has been ignored, not seen you criticise city with anything about it so hard to imagine a case would be argued in these meetings.

If season ticket holders don’t turn up then warn them and if it continues take it off then and give it to someone who will. Simple. The data is there. Some discretion for sure but we can look at the serial offenders over the last 3 years - contact them that this season they are under review and they can sort it out or lose their ticket.
For 2 of those seasons, nobody was there, so how will that work ?

You wouldn't have thought that that needed explaining really but this thread (and others along the same vein) tend to be full of self-centred posts.

More likely not read it as posters are generally already creating their response before reading and comprehending what it is they're replying to.
Don’t talk for me,

Not judging peoples financial situations whilst season ticket holders judge what people on the waiting list want. The irony. I made quite clear and sensible points. Ask the people on the waiting list what they want, isn’t hard. Justify paying £35 to be on a non existent waiting list. I just hope city shaft these current gobby season ticket holders and throw them all on silver moving forward. The tune will soon change

Ah, but the exec team are thinking big picture and will probably have as much (if not more in some cases) an eye on new fans in SE Asia and the Middle East as the next generation of match going fans from the Miles Platting area. Brand creation and all that. They are banking on the fact that if there are enough overseas fans then tourists will snap up any available tickets (and there are plenty in my seating area most match days). Whether they provide the same atmosphere (and atmosphere is part of the tourist experience so it is all connected) is a moot point. Not saying it is right or wrong but that is the way football has gone - it is a global business.

As a comparison, I went with the family to an LA dodgers baseball game when we were on holiday a couple of years ago. I have no affinity with the Dodgers and haven't really followed them since but it was a fun day out and I imagine the reverse is true to overseas fans coming here. Though the weather is generally far worse in East Manchester...
This nails the point about long-term sustainability - apart from local fan self-interest. I've had great fun seeing Orlando Magic, Milwaukee Brewers on trips to the US, when I was a kid I liked Miami Dolphins and followed the Lakers. But I very much doubt my passing interest or very occasional spend - whilst it might be higher in the short-term - represents as reliable a source of income to those franchises as domestic fans do.

If season ticket holders don’t turn up then warn them and if it continues take it off then and give it to someone who will. Simple. The data is there. Some discretion for sure but we can look at the serial offenders over the last 3 years - contact them that this season they are under review and they can sort it out or lose their ticket. We shouldn’t take it for granted and we should show due courtesy to fellow fans and use the season tickets properly. We are merely driving up prices and inflating the market which costs others hard earned cash at this horrible time.

I don’t know if you ever watch the news but there may be one two justifiable reasons why people may have missed the odd game during the last three years?

This nails the point about long-term sustainability - apart from local fan self-interest. I've had great fun seeing Orlando Magic, Milwaukee Brewers on trips to the US, when I was a kid I liked Miami Dolphins and followed the Lakers. But I very much doubt my passing interest or very occasional spend - whilst it might be higher in the short-term - represents as reliable a source of income to those franchises as domestic fans do.
The powers that be may disagree. The overseas fans I see at the game almost invariably are clutching a bag of goodies from the club shop whereas they are lucky to get the price of a (admittedly expensive) pie out of me. if there are enough of the overseas fans then not only will the income be stable but, on a spend per fan basis, much higher. It is balancing this with the 'legacy' fans (or next generation of legacy fans) so that the overall 'experience' is maintained for all parties and hence the income streams remain steady that is the big trick.

If season ticket holders don’t turn up then warn them and if it continues take it off then and give it to someone who will. Simple. The data is there. Some discretion for sure but we can look at the serial offenders over the last 3 years - contact them that this season they are under review and they can sort it out or lose their ticket. We shouldn’t take it for granted and we should show due courtesy to fellow fans and use the season tickets properly. We are merely driving up prices and inflating the market which costs others hard earned cash at this horrible time.
Going down the dipper route now?

Liverpool's new plan for supporters: Lose your seat if you arrive late to Anfield​

By Alex Miller For The Mail On Sunday22:28 13 Feb 2016, updated 11:51 14 Feb 2016

Don't know if it ever happened as we know late arrival is a problem for them...

Don’t talk for me,

Not judging peoples financial situations whilst season ticket holders judge what people on the waiting list want. The irony. I made quite clear and sensible points. Ask the people on the waiting list what they want, isn’t hard. Justify paying £35 to be on a non existent waiting list. I just hope city shaft these current gobby season ticket holders and throw them all on silver moving forward. The tune will soon change

There not that many gobby season ticket holders here so to hurt the few you seem willing to hurt many more with that attitude

I guess you have written or contacted the club, if not do so, write to Danny Wilson, explain how you feel and what you wanted. You never know.

You will get tickets from either here or i would say join the Facebook page ran by a certain blue, PM me if you want the details. You may find moving around is better and you can get some decent bargains

Don’t talk for me,

The £35 gets you a fiver off the price of a ticket so if you go to more than 7 games you're ahead. It also gives you priority for match tickets ahead of those without matchday membership so it's certainly not just a fee for being on an imaginary list - unless you don't go to any matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.