Season Tickets 2014/15

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
ssouthstand116 said:
I have just turned 16 this year meaning my ticket will go up for the 14/15 season. The last 3 seasons I have paid for my season ticket, extra cup games, away games and a trip to wembley by myself with very minimum funding from my parents they have paid for a few odd games here and there, but still..

So this year I have had to try to scrape together the money and I have managed to do it, thanks god! So I will be renewing but away games and extra cup games will be cut down next season as I think it will be my last season ticket for a few years until I have a proper job and can afford it, and I'm absolutely gutted.

I know we have the best value for money season tickets in the league but it is still a ridiculous price, all clubs have ridiculous prices for season tickets. It is no longer a working mans game. The club would much rather have 48000 seats filled with business men paying 1000+ a season than have the real fans who will sing and get behind the team! and as I'm sure I'm not the only one, I will very shortly be priced out of the game.

I've no idea how many Value Gold tickets we sell but it comes across more as a marketing gimmick than
anything else.
A brilliantly reasoned argument there Sherlock
You have no idea about something but are then able to make a judgement on its value
And who said the art of deductive reasoning was dead?

You're wasted in here, you need to be on the Bluemoon kangaroo court next time someone is arrested

Champs League scheme is being turfed next season.

I'd always dreamed that we'd be in it but the home experience for the games is shite. Nets up behind the goal, tourists everywhere and advertising hordings that mean I can't even see the goal line from my seat.....

Traveling away is mint but more and more tickets end up with non-fans I normally only miss out on availability for the rags but this season 6/7 games in the league haven't hit my points level if I'd wanted to go so I may as well do gold.

blue b4 the moon said:

I'd always dreamed that we'd be in it but the home experience for the games is shite. Nets up behind the goal, tourists everywhere and advertising hordings that mean I can't even see the goal line from my seat.....

Traveling away is mint but more and more tickets end up with non-fans I normally only miss out on availability for the rags but this season 6/7 games in the league haven't hit my points level if I'd wanted to go so I may as well do gold.
Is that true though?
This season we sold out:
Stoke at 7500
Villa at 6750
Scum 10000
Liverpool 8500
Palace 8500

That's five games in total that you actually needed points for in the league. All the rest either went on General Sale or seasoncard holders with minimum points.

So your 6/7 games haven't hit my points diatribe is not accurate.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
ssouthstand116 said:
I have just turned 16 this year meaning my ticket will go up for the 14/15 season. The last 3 seasons I have paid for my season ticket, extra cup games, away games and a trip to wembley by myself with very minimum funding from my parents they have paid for a few odd games here and there, but still..

So this year I have had to try to scrape together the money and I have managed to do it, thanks god! So I will be renewing but away games and extra cup games will be cut down next season as I think it will be my last season ticket for a few years until I have a proper job and can afford it, and I'm absolutely gutted.

I know we have the best value for money season tickets in the league but it is still a ridiculous price, all clubs have ridiculous prices for season tickets. It is no longer a working mans game. The club would much rather have 48000 seats filled with business men paying 1000+ a season than have the real fans who will sing and get behind the team! and as I'm sure I'm not the only one, I will very shortly be priced out of the game.

You are exactly the type of supporter that the club should be falling over itself to retain if it has any sense.
We have the second oldest match going fan base (after Everton) in the PL with many fans. like myself, starting to support the
club in the Mercer/Allison days when we were children. Very few of us will still be going in 20 years time whereas you
might still be attending matches for the next 50-60. Currently the club is looking at both expanding the stadium (slowly)
and increasing match day & season ticket prices. The whole strategy is to maximise profit from match day income and it's
short sighted bollocks. We need to increase our match going support by attracting more younger fans through lower
pricing and a much larger stadium (do the North Stand extension as well ffs) or we risk disappearing up our own
backside in a few years time. There is no point in having a Family Stand if people can't continue watching the club when they
become young adults. I've no idea how many Value Gold tickets we sell but it comes across more as a marketing gimmick than
anything else. Football is cyclical and the "day tripper" support won't be there long term whereas the likes of yourself will,
or bloody well should be, if the club is adopting a "holistic" approach to fan welfare.

more than you think, and not a gimmick.

squirtyflower said:
blue b4 the moon said:

Is that true though?
This season we sold out:
Stoke at 7500
Villa at 6750
Scum 10000
Liverpool 8500
Palace 8500

That's five games in total that you actually needed points for in the league. All the rest either went on General Sale or seasoncard holders with minimum points.

You could be right I've got 8440 not kept records but rags, Palace, both Scouse games no doubt, with admittedly only doing half a dozen anyway I thought there were many more didn't Arse/Chelsea and Spurs also sell out high?

blue b4 the moon said:
squirtyflower said:
blue b4 the moon said:

Is that true though?
This season we sold out:
Stoke at 7500
Villa at 6750
Scum 10000
Liverpool 8500
Palace 8500

You could be right I've got 8440 not kept records but rags, Palace, both Scouse games no doubt, with admittedly only doing half a dozen anyway I thought there were many more didn't Arse/Chelsea and Spurs also sell out high?
Arsenal - went on General Sale, then people complain 'tourists get them', of course they could be bluecard members
Chelsea - did not sell out
Tottenham - went on General Sale

so with your 8440 points you could have gone to 13 away games this season amassing a total of 520 extra points as you say you are platinum

We seem to be splitting into two distinctly different schools of thought on ticket prices, which surprises me a bit. On one side there's 'the club should do more' guys and on the other, the 'I'm ok, pay up or fuck off' guys. On balance I probably lean more towards the club doing more side of the argument. I definitely think there should be more meaningful dialogue between the club and the supporters, not just lip service in the form of 'City Voice' but a more structured, formal format that allows the opinions of the supporters to be recognised. We all take pride in the unique relationship our fans have formed with the football club, rightly or wrongly, we view ourselves as different to the supporters of the other elite clubs. Whilst we're not ignorant to the need the club has to maintain an upwardly moving revenue stream, the word 'corporate' still sticks in our throats and we associate it with the soulless prawn sandwich brigade from across town.
Personally I just fail to see the benefit in some of the policies that appear to be either in place currently or, are in the pipeline for introduction in the near future. There is a massive increase in TV money due when the BT deal comes into force, the club is increasing capacity in the South Stand, sales from merchandising are increasing (stand to be corrected on that if wrong) and after a pretty good season, income from football should be more than acceptable. So why the need to increase Season cards, why the need for stupid pricing policy on the final games tickets, why not just price them as normal and tonight would be a full house.
As a Level 2 East Stand season card holder we face about a £400 increase this season. Again people seem to fall into two camps on this issue, with some arguing that because we've been aware of the proposed development for a few years then we have no right to feel aggrieved at being priced out of our seats. I haven't a clue what numbers level 2 holds out of our 48,000, but let's say it's 5,000, if the club sell out Level 2 across four stands at £1150 (rising to £1500 allegedly) and is full to capacity every game, then I will take my hat off to them and congratulate them on a marvellous piece of business. I just can't see that many individuals and/or organisations willing to pay that amount of money for the privilege of having access to enhanced catering facilities which will be payable, not included. If, as it appears, the club are determined to press ahead with the Level 2 Club, then at least engage in some meaningful discussion with those affected rather than leaving the onus on the individual.
Our club, and our owners, are in the unique position of being able to achieve wonderful things on and off the pitch and, what's more, they can achieve their goals and at the same time show people that City is still the club for Manchester people. They can show the fans that their support is not taken for granted but respected, appreciated and rewarded, because, in my opinion, if they don't, they will regret it, or we will.

squirtyflower said:
blue b4 the moon said:

Is that true though?
This season we sold out:
Stoke at 7500
Villa at 6750
Scum 10000
Liverpool 8500
Palace 8500

I love the way you catch people out chatting shit when it comes to points<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:29 am --<br /><br />
squirtyflower said:
blue b4 the moon said:
squirtyflower said:
Is that true though?
This season we sold out:
Stoke at 7500
Villa at 6750
Scum 10000
Liverpool 8500
Palace 8500

Arsenal - went on General Sale, then people complain 'tourists get them', of course they could be bluecard members
Chelsea - did not sell out
Tottenham - went on General Sale

so with your 8440 points you could have gone to 13 away games this season amassing a total of 520 extra points as you say you are platinum
With 8840 points how do you only just miss out on a united ticket

dw7 said:
squirtyflower said:
blue b4 the moon said:

Is that true though?
This season we sold out:
Stoke at 7500
Villa at 6750
Scum 10000
Liverpool 8500
Palace 8500

I love the way you catch people out chatting shit when it comes to points
there always very few games that sell out at high points, although 'high' is relative

The:
I couldn't get a ticket brigade are those who only want to go to the top games

Our end is full of tourists, is because no one bought them in the first place

Granted there will always be some 'newbies' in our end but who's to say it's the club letting the tickets go to them?
it could be anyone, corporates, supporters clubs, seasoncard holders with tickets flogging them on, players....but oh no let's blame Khaldoon and the shitty treatment of the club towards the fans

-- Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:35 am --

dw7 said:
With 8840 points how do you only just miss out on a united ticket
maybe he meant last season?

it sold out at 8500 then!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.