Season Tickets - 2023/24

With the NFC thing do you have to open your Google Wallet and select the ticket? Or are you meant to just be able to scan the phone from the home screen? As others have said I've always used the barcode.
I'm on android, I know my NFC works as I did a test purchase on my linked card but it never works at City....now I just use the barcode and don't bother turning it on.

Works fine every time, when I was trying NFC had to get the stewards to let me in.

With the NFC thing do you have to open your Google Wallet and select the ticket? Or are you meant to just be able to scan the phone from the home screen? As others have said I've always used the barcode.
Open your wallet, select the ticket and point the phone about three inches from the scanner with the screen facing towards you. Don't wave it about and it will scan in a second or so.

Always works for me on a mid range Xiaomi Android phone.

What’s NFC? Only because I’m nosy. My SC is in my wallet but I just wondered. :-)

It's meant to be a contactless payment. I've never used it on my phone although it's a Samsung and is supposed to have it. I have used it on my Garmin watch before. Presumably the device should just let you in when placed near the scanner when used as a ticket. I've always had to use the barcode though. I'm trying to establish whether you'd have to go into your wallet on your phone anyway for it to work or it would work from the lock screen though. If you have to go on your phone and select the wallet anyway there's not much benefit of having it over scanning the barcode.

Open your wallet, select the ticket and point the phone about three inches from the scanner with the screen facing towards you. Don't wave it about and it will scan in a second or so.

Always works for me on a mid range Xiaomi Android phone.

Literally no benefit over the barcode then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.