Season Tickets - 2023/24

Another club, so not directly relevant, but for information... West Ham Season Tickets have gone up and they have sneakingly increased the concession age for FOCs to 66.

They have started a petition...
We are in the midst of the worst economic crisis in 50 years, we have double digit inflation, record energy and food prices and for most people the cost of living is outrunning their income.
Against this backdrop, West Ham United has announced the age at which Senior Season Ticket concession rates apply will increase from 65 to 66.
The Club also announced it will increase Season Ticket prices by 4% for bands 5 & 6 and by 8% for bands 1-4 and 1966 STs.

Another club, so not directly relevant, but for information... West Ham Season Tickets have gone up and they have sneakingly increased the concession age for FOCs to 66.

They have started a petition...
We are in the midst of the worst economic crisis in 50 years, we have double digit inflation, record energy and food prices and for most people the cost of living is outrunning their income.
Against this backdrop, West Ham United has announced the age at which Senior Season Ticket concession rates apply will increase from 65 to 66.
The Club also announced it will increase Season Ticket prices by 4% for bands 5 & 6 and by 8% for bands 1-4 and 1966 STs.
That 65-66 is a snidey move

I can't believe we're potentially on cusp of making history, watching the best football team on the planet, with the best manager in the world, the best midfielder in the world and the best centre forward in the world, and there's talk on here of arranging a fucking protest against the club about ticket prices.

Give. Your. Fucking. Heads. A. Wobble. Fuck sake.
Could. Not. Disagree. More.

The two things are completely independent of each other. There’s Pep and his staff and his squad of players, and literally hundreds in numerous departments fucking up on a regular basis.

Restricting season cards to those with smart phones freezing out elderly fans. Putting fans in danger by having away fans above us. Shitting themselves and kowtowing at every department level LiVARpool. Ignoring City Matters representatives (apparently). Making impossible promises to keep by ensuring fans that gigs at the new venue won’t coincide with City fixtures further adding to the end of game congestion and undoubtedly meaning fans leave even earlier.

Pep and the players are great. The admin juggernaut beneath are contemptible.

Watching Barcelona v Real Betis now. Camp Nou is full of tourists as usual. This is what Soriano, once Barcelona’s CEO, is replicating at City. And it’s raining.

Virtually all Champions League home games since we’ve been in it have had a very significant number of tourist types.

For an awful lot of those games, we’d have had a pretty sparse crowd without them.

I’m not saying I agree with the selling criteria for this particular game. But I can understand why the club have targeted tourist types for this competition in the past.

Because not enough of those outraged they can’t get a ticket for the Madrid game were interested enough to anywhere near fill the ground on European nights in the past.

Virtually all Champions League home games since we’ve been in it have had a very significant number of tourist types.

For an awful lot of those games, we’d have had a pretty sparse crowd without them.

I’m not saying I agree with the selling criteria for this particular game. But I can understand why the club have targeted tourist types for this competition in the past.

Because not enough of those outraged they can’t get a ticket for the Madrid game were interested enough to anywhere near fill the ground on European nights in the past.
I was.

What about PL home games?

Tourists aren’t interested in domestic cup games. If it wasn’t for our local support those games would be sparsely populated.

Many tourists are buying into the CL and watching Real Madrid, not specifically watching City. Our local support is exactly the opposite of that.

Watching Barcelona v Real Betis. The tourist crowd are doing the WAVE. Is that what you want our club to become?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.