Season Tickets - 2023/24

In all seriousness, does the unofficial rule that when someone died their season ticket and seat can be passed to another family member still happen?

I'm renewing for mum... but in reality (and this is so hard to type) she won't be here this time next year. So when I renew then I want my little boy to have her seat - The seat we've sat in since August 2003... But when I ask city, will they say no nowadays...? It's going to come up in the next 12 months :( :(I

Like I say I'm renewing as mum this time, but in the next 12 months it will change :( I'm typing this with her in a medical bed on oxygen in her front room, I've been living away from my 6 year old for 6 weeks now caring for her... And she's lived 5 weeks longer than they said so FUCK that hospital. And the go agreed poss 6 months.

Anyway, anyone had recent experience of the changeover, but in 12 months time....
Lost my brother last June.. I had to email the club to get his ticket transferred to my son.. Be aware though, if you do switch names you will lose any points the deceased member had.. I wish I’d left the seat in our kid’s name

Thoughts with you by the way… Re your Mum

I agree with your point about cup games. There are barely any tourists attending those games and it’s mainly local people and young adults attending those games. That’s our core support who used to go to all the premier league games.

You see loads of young lads as well, which you never see at premier league matches
City now have 2 fan groups.

Season ticket holders and local fans who attend domestic cup matches because they can afford to buy cheaper match day tickets.

Seaosn ticket holders and tourist who can afford to buy expensive PL and CL tickets.

City have hit the sweet spot in our support

In all seriousness, does the unofficial rule that when someone died their season ticket and seat can be passed to another family member still happen?

I'm renewing for mum... but in reality (and this is so hard to type) she won't be here this time next year. So when I renew then I want my little boy to have her seat - The seat we've sat in since August 2003... But when I ask city, will they say no nowadays...? It's going to come up in the next 12 months :( :(I

Like I say I'm renewing as mum this time, but in the next 12 months it will change :( I'm typing this with her in a medical bed on oxygen in her front room, I've been living away from my 6 year old for 6 weeks now caring for her... And she's lived 5 weeks longer than they said so FUCK that hospital. And the GP agreed poss 6 months rather than the "days" that the bastard hosp gave her.

Anyway, anyone had recent experience of the changeover, but in 12 months time....
That's if I've not killed myself through stress upset and depression by then.

Happy post, sorry..

Sorry to read about your Mum in that way. Keep strong for her. My Mother passed away in 2015.

I donl’t know mate. But keep the seaon ticket and use it for another member of your family who ‘is a City fan’. If the club get the season ticket they will make it a Silver season ticket and rip a City fan off.

Lost my brother last June.. I had to email the club to get his ticket transferred to my son.. Be aware though, if you do switch names you will lose any points the deceased member had.. I wish I’d left the seat in our kid’s name
So sorry about your brother:(

Did they not give you the option of keeping points if you promised not to let on....
If I have 18000 more points than my 6 year old he won't get to Wembley with me and if have to go on my own, which after 40 years of football with mum I may as well just give up, in everything :(

Mum's over 65 ticket will be twice the price my sons would be, plus he's clearly not an over 65 year old woman, otherwise yes I was thinking do I just keep the ticket as mum as long as I can.

Sorry to read about your Mum I’m that way. Keep strong for her. My Mother passed away in 2015.

I donl’t know mate. But keep the seaon ticket and use it for another member of your family who ‘is a City fan’. If they club get it they will make it a Silver season ticket and rip a City fan off.

Thank you. Yes im renewing as mum, and my son will be using it as she won't be getting back there... He's used it a lot this season, I'm very proud he loves city, and mum always wanted her seat to go to him.. :( I'm just thinking ahead 12 months :(

Reactions: jrb

Like I say I'm renewing as mum this time, but in the next 12 months it will change :( I'm typing this with her in a medical bed on oxygen in her front room, I've been living away from my 6 year old for 6 weeks now caring for her... And she's lived 5 weeks longer than they said so FUCK that hospital. And the GP agreed poss 6 months rather than the "days" that the bastard hosp gave her.

That's if I've not killed myself through stress upset and depression by then.

Happy post, sorry..

So sorry about your brother:(

Did they not give you the option of keeping points if you promised not to let on....
If I have 18000 more points than my 6 year old he won't get to Wembley with me and if have to go on my own, which after 40 years of football with mum I may as well just give up, in everything :(

Mum's over 65 ticket will be twice the price my sons would be, plus he's clearly not an over 65 year old woman, otherwise yes I was thinking do I just keep the ticket as mum as long as I can.
Thanks for your best wishes re our kid..

You’ll 100% lose the points… If your lad’s a concession why not leave it in your Mum’s name until he needs an adult ticket?

I don’t think they’d question a child going in on your Mum’s ticket.. the Etihad has lights to signify adult or concession so I’d have thought you’d be totally fine for home games

I agree with your point about cup games. There are barely any tourists attending those games and it’s mainly local people and young adults attending those games. That’s our core support who used to go to all the premier league games.

You see loads of young lads as well, which you never see at premier league matches
I often agree with you mate. But there is a good following of young lads in SSL1. And the club, because if City Matters, have made more away tickets available to younger lads.

Reactions: CC1
Thanks for your best wishes re our kid..

You’ll 100% lose the points… If your lad’s a concession why not leave it in your Mum’s name until he needs an adult ticket?
I'm starting to think that yes... Though my renewal is bloody 855, mums is 425, if her 425 seat was officially his it'd be half that price again... And I don't have much money...
But I don't know.. I shouldn't be talking about this now, she's here, I feel guilty.. But thanks for the replies everyone.

Thank you. Yes im renewing as mum, and my son will be using it as she won't be getting back there... He's used it a lot this season, I'm very proud he loves city, and mum always wanted her seat to go to him.. :( I'm just thinking ahead 12 months :(
Nice one mate. :-) It’s posts like yours that bring a smile to my face and show how important season tickets are to City fans of all generations. I’m sure your son will love watching City. And your mum will be proud her season ticket is being used by her grandson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.