Season Tickets - 2023/24

Anyone who doesn't think that ticket price rises aren't discussed when the 20 PL CEOs meet at the Mayfair Hotel is probably naive.

Watching Barcelona v Real Betis now. Camp Nou is full of tourists as usual. This is what Soriano, once Barcelona’s CEO, is replicating at City. And it’s raining.
Complain if you llike and you may or may not have a point but at least be brave enough to blame those with the final say, and that’s not Soriano. Same way Khaldoon told Txiki Can Dijk was too expensive, he could quite easilly tell Soriano the tickets are too expensive.

Reactions: CC1
Complain if you llike and you may or may not have a point but at least be brave enough to blame those with the final say, and that’s not Soriano. Same way Khaldoon told Txiki Can Dijk was too expensive, he could quite easilly tell Soriano the tickets are too expensive.

I‘ve criticised Khaldoon on plenty of occasions. As well as his guff end of season interviews. He won’t mention season ticket price increases(again) or the Real Madrid ticket farce, etc in his next end of season interview. The questions are heavily vetted. The videos are heavily edited. Soriano is in charge of the club. He ultimately makes the final decisions with the blessing of Mansour and Khaldoon. If anything is not to their liking, Soriano has to answer. If everything is to their liking, Soriano doesn’t have to answer.

I work for a huge US company. The UK CEO, who I have met is in charge of the UK. He makes the decisions in the UK. I get on really well with the new CEO of the France division. He recently got that job. He will be in charge in France.

Soriano aside. All the other directors are answerable to him. All the managers under the directors are answerable to the directors. City is a self-running business.

Last edited:
What about PL home games?

Tourists aren’t interested in domestic cup games. If it wasn’t for our local support those games would be sparsely populated.

Many tourists are buying into the CL and watching Real Madrid, not specifically watching City. Our local support is exactly the opposite of that.

Watching Barcelona v Real Betis. The tourist crowd are doing the WAVE. Is that what you want our club to become?

I’m giving reasons. Not justification. For Premier League games with roughly 4/5ths of the ground pre sold with season ticket holders , it was never going to be a major issue.

For domestic cup games the strategy was clearly make the prices so low that locals will come. Plenty of games against lower league opponents were a tenner for adults and a fiver or even a quid for juniors.

For European games they clearly targeted foreign visitors, who weren’t necessarily City fans or fans of the opposition. But who had a connection with the competition.

That policy has clearly worked for the club for the last 10 years or so. It isn’t suddenly a bolt out of the blue for the Madrid game, is basically the point I’m making.

I’m giving reasons. Not justification. For Premier League games with roughly 4/5ths of the ground pre sold with season ticket holders , it was never going to be a major issue.

For domestic cup games the strategy was clearly make the prices so low that locals will come. Plenty of games against lower league opponents were a tenner for adults and a fiver or even a quid for juniors.

For European games they clearly targeted foreign visitors, who weren’t necessarily City fans or fans of the opposition. But who had a connection with the competition.

That policy has clearly worked for the club for the last 10 years or so. It isn’t suddenly a bolt out of the blue for the Madrid game, is basically the point I’m making.

More and more of our match day support is made up of tourists, which is evident in PL and CL games. Our local support has been priced out of those game unless they have a Citizens card and are prepared to pay for an expensive match day ticket. Or if they attend one of the domestic cup games where cheaper tickets are available. Come and buy an affordable ticket for Carabao Cup and the FA Cup games, but we’ll(City) price you out of the CL and PL games.

What has waving a Palestine flag in the air during the City v Arsenal game got to do with supporting City? I’d much rather that ticket went to a local City fan.

Villa increasing by a mind boggling 15% apparently!

That’s mad. Give it 20 years and I think football will be in a really bad place crowd wise. Younger people just aren’t attending football in significant numbers and most crowds in the top league are middle aged men - the only ones who can afford it. Who’s going to replace them when they stop going.

Younger adults now didn’t grow up going to matches regularly like previous generations did

More and more of our match day support is made up of tourists, which is evident in PL and CL games. Our local support has been priced out of those game unless they have a Citizens card and are prepared to pay for an expensive match day ticket. Or if they attend one of the domestic cup games where cheaper tickets are available. Come and buy an affordable ticket for Carabao Cup and the FA Cup games, but we’ll(City) price you out of the CL and PL games.

What has waving a Palestine flag in the air during the City v Arsenal game got to do with supporting City? I’d much rather that ticket went to a local City fan.

I agree with your point about cup games. There are barely any tourists attending those games and it’s mainly local people and young adults attending those games. That’s our core support who used to go to all the premier league games.

You see loads of young lads as well, which you never see at premier league matches

Reactions: jrb
That’s mad. Give it 20 years and I think football will be in a really bad place crowd wise. Younger people just aren’t attending football in significant numbers and most crowds in the top league are middle aged men - the only ones who can afford it. Who’s going to replace them when they stop going.

Younger adults now didn’t grow up going to matches regularly like previous generations did
I believe that the average age of a match-going fan in England is 40. In Scotland it is 41. In no other European country is it above 31.

In all seriousness, does the unofficial rule that when someone died their season ticket and seat can be passed to another family member still happen?

I'm renewing for mum... but in reality (and this is so hard to type) she won't be here this time next year. So when I renew then I want my little boy to have her seat - The seat we've sat in since August 2003... But when I ask city, will they say no nowadays...? It's going to come up in the next 12 months :( :(I

Like I say I'm renewing as mum this time, but in the next 12 months it will change :( I'm typing this with her in a medical bed on oxygen in her front room, I've been living away from my 6 year old for 6 weeks now caring for her... And she's lived 5 weeks longer than they said so FUCK that hospital. And the GP agreed poss 6 months rather than the "days" that the bastard hosp gave her.

Anyway, anyone had recent experience of the changeover, but in 12 months time....
That's if I've not killed myself through stress upset and depression by then.

Happy post, sorry..

The club sincerely requests that all season ticket holders try not to die, but if you do die, please inform the club via family and friends, and we will make sure your now SILVER Season ticket will be available to sell on to another City fan. Thank you for your loyalty over the years.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.