Season Tickets - 2023/24

More and more of our match day support is made up of tourists, which is evident in PL and CL games. Our local support has been priced out of those game unless they have a Citizens card and are prepared to pay for an expensive match day ticket. Or if they attend one of the domestic cup games where cheaper tickets are available. Come and buy an affordable ticket for Carabao Cup and the FA Cup games, but we’ll(City) price you out of the CL and PL games.

What has waving a Palestine flag in the air during the City v Arsenal game got to do with supporting City? I’d much rather that ticket went to a local City fan.
Most match day tickets are sold out before the season starts mostly to regular match day attenders. If there are tourists at league games, and I don’t think it’s a a big deal, they are probably buying S/C resales not regular match day tickets. You can’t have the team the success and the planned campus we are getting without attracting some tourists, that’s just the way it is and will be.

And don’t forget some f those so called tourists and their family and friends will follow city going forwards.
They will buy shirts and scarves (let them buy half as if and halves if they want to!) but it all goes into the club’s coffers at the end of the day
That’s how clubs grow beyond their immediate community, if not there’s no way City could compete on a world stage.
Both sets of fans are vital to a club’s financial success at the end of the day and if people don’t like the idea of tourists there’s always Stockport County…not many tourists there.
Agree with all, EXCEPT, anyone and I mean anyone buying a half and half scarf should be brought onto the pitch at half time and humiliated and the said scarf destroyed.

If Blues struggle for home tickets, IMHO it’s madness not to join your local Supporters Club if you have a reliable one near you. Not for the myth of the Away allocations but for members sharing cheaper tickets amongst each other when they can’t get to games.

In the last 2 days I’ve sorted a Madrid at home and a pair of tickets for Leeds at home for a Dad and his lad. All for below FV.

Last edited:
Every top sports club in the world is full of tourists, they are welcomed because at the end of the day they contribute just as much to the bottom line as the ultra fan.

If you want to be a top club, stay a top club, get used to tourists and thank them for their contribution to making our club even greater.
You say they contribute just as much
I would say financially they contribute more.
I agree so called tourist supporters are welcome and necessary for a top club
I must be the clubs ultimate nightmare
I arrive just before kickoff watch game and go home and don’t spend a penny in the club shop or stadium
Whilst you see tourist supporters loaded down with City merchandise
Plus the tourist attracts more fans from his/her own country

I arrive just before kickoff watch game and go home and don’t spend a penny in the club shop or stadium
I think there is a mixture of fans. Yes some “tourists” spend a lot more but the late train back to Leeds after a Champs League game is full of students who probably don’t have a pot to piss in, after they’d paid for their tickets.

But you'd be there if we were playing the Dog and Hammer on a wet Wednesday in January. They wouldn't.

The value of a true fan becomes less and less as the more confident the club becomes in its ability to provide a world class team all the time.

Agree with all, EXCEPT, anyone and I mean anyone buying a half and half scarf should be brought onto the pitch at half time and humiliated and the said scarf destroyed.
I don’t get the half and half scarves, and I know tourists will buy them, but a half and half wearer isn’t necessarily a tourist. Iv’e seen families of City fans with a child with one, maybe the childs first game souvenir, but even fans that look like regulars buying them, maybe they collect them.
My biggest surprise was being outside the gates when the Bayern fans,that supposedly hate the City model, marched up with their drums I assume hardcore Bayern fans, loads of them jumping out and buying them from the local scarf trader, he was doing a roaring trade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.