Season Tickets - 2023/24

The time for a protest is at the start of next season, but the outrage by the majority will have fizzled out by then, especially if Bellingham signs, a new season, etc.

Announcing continual seaon ticket price rises at the end of the current season when City are in a usual PL title chase and possible CL final is perfect timing and ideal for the club. A captive audience.
Agree with all your points. Suppose I just 'expect' the price of everything to go up, as it naturally does. Including my season ticket.

Agree with all your points. Suppose I just 'expect' the price of everything to go up, as it naturally does. Including my season ticket.
10 continual season ticket price rises and match day ticket price rises would confirm that.

It's already happening at Champions League games! Loads spend more time filming the game than watching it then pose for selfies at full time.

I'm fully aware it's already happening and not just at Champions League games either. Asian guy sat next to me at the Leicester game who isnt the designated season ticket holder (but he's only been in his seat a few times anyway) got his phone out and started filming after about 90 seconds. He also found it hilarious at people losing their footing. First time OK it's amusing. After 3 or 4 occasions it's time for them to put the studs on. Please stop giggling like a little girl.

Last edited:
Watching Barcelona v Real Betis now. Camp Nou is full of tourists as usual. This is what Soriano, once Barcelona’s CEO, is replicating at City. And it’s raining.
Every top sports club in the world is full of tourists, they are welcomed because at the end of the day they contribute just as much to the bottom line as the ultra fan.

If you want to be a top club, stay a top club, get used to tourists and thank them for their contribution to making our club even greater.

Filling the ground with day trippers is fine when you have pep and are winning trophies.
At some point though, out cycle will come to an end (as rags and dippers found out) and those day trippers won't be as interested in watching a team who are finishing 8th and the 'legacy' fans will have given up.

Very poor timing this from the club and in the midst of a cost of living crisis very unreasonable to hike it up.
Too expensive for me now.

Filling the ground with day trippers is fine when you have pep and are winning trophies.
At some point though, out cycle will come to an end (as rags and dippers found out) and those day trippers won't be as interested in watching a team who are finishing 8th and the 'legacy' fans will have given up.
True but we weren’t filling the ground consistently before the day trippers. I used to bump into people who would tell me they have a South Stand Season Card but they don’t go to home games. It was only to help them get away tickets.

Hopefully, younger fans (many from long established Blue families) will help to consolidate our support.

I can understand how everyone wants a season card and wants to see the glamour games but there are plenty of tickets about for West Ham at homr. That’s also a big clash.

Turning to a wider point about tourists, I’ve read that the domestic cup games are filled with fans from across Manchester. That’s partly true but there are families who travel from across England, plus some Welsh and Scottish Blues etc. I don’t know if they are considered tourists but they don’t stand out as much as champions leave nights where there is more diverse ethnicity.

Anyone who comes and supports the Blues - and preferably hasn’t sourced their tickets through agencies / touts - is welcome in my book.

Every top sports club in the world is full of tourists, they are welcomed because at the end of the day they contribute just as much to the bottom line as the ultra fan.

If you want to be a top club, stay a top club, get used to tourists and thank them for their contribution to making our club even greater.
And don’t forget some f those so called tourists and their family and friends will follow city going forwards.
They will buy shirts and scarves (let them buy half as if and halves if they want to!) but it all goes into the club’s coffers at the end of the day
That’s how clubs grow beyond their immediate community, if not there’s no way City could compete on a world stage.
Both sets of fans are vital to a club’s financial success at the end of the day and if people don’t like the idea of tourists there’s always Stockport County…not many tourists there.

I think we need to be careful when using such perjorative words such as "tourists" what do people mean? Am I a tourist because I travel to every home game from North Wales and have done so for over 32 years. As I understand it there are 36,000 season tickets 3,000 away supporters and then there are the corporates etc on top lets say another 5,000. That means that there are available to buy about 10,000 tickets give or take. "Tourists" are only able to buy tickets because they are available I dont know why people have such a problem with this

There was once a time when City sold a hat with two Subbuteo players on it. One was blue, one was red. Under the blue one, it said "local". Under the red one, it said "tourist". GMP even asked the club to take them off sale before the League Cup semi-final in 2010 against United as it was seen as inflammatory. How times change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.