Season Tickets - 2023/24

Could. Not. Disagree. More.

The two things are completely independent of each other. There’s Pep and his staff and his squad of players, and literally hundreds in numerous departments fucking up on a regular basis.

Restricting season cards to those with smart phones freezing out elderly fans. Putting fans in danger by having away fans above us. Shitting themselves and kowtowing at every department level LiVARpool. Ignoring City Matters representatives (apparently). Making impossible promises to keep by ensuring fans that gigs at the new venue won’t coincide with City fixtures further adding to the end of game congestion and undoubtedly meaning fans leave even earlier.

Pep and the players are great. The admin juggernaut beneath are contemptible.
Oh dear. Think you’re done. Some of your points factually incorrect eg you can have a ST if you’ve no smart phone.

More and more of our match day support is made up of tourists, which is evident in PL and CL games. Our local support has been priced out of those game unless they have a Citizens card and are prepared to pay for an expensive match day ticket. Or if they attend one of the domestic cup games where cheaper tickets are available. Come and buy an affordable ticket for Carabao Cup and the FA Cup games, but we’ll(City) price you out of the CL and PL games.

What has waving a Palestine flag in the air during the City v Arsenal game got to do with supporting City? I’d much rather that ticket went to a local City fan.
What determines if
A) you’re local
B) you’re a solid blue.
Can’t fans move away from Manchester & still be fans.
What’s the matter with “ tourists”.

That’s mad. Give it 20 years and I think football will be in a really bad place crowd wise. Younger people just aren’t attending football in significant numbers and most crowds in the top league are middle aged men - the only ones who can afford it. Who’s going to replace them when they stop going.

Younger adults now didn’t grow up going to matches regularly like previous generations did
That’s mad. Give it 20 years and I think football will be in a really bad place crowd wise. Younger people just aren’t attending football in significant numbers and most crowds in the top league are middle aged men - the only ones who can afford it. Who’s going to replace them when they stop going.

Younger adults now didn’t grow up going to matches regularly like previous generations did
They have also moved some ST holders from one category to a more highly priced one because it’s a better view and are also adding a bar at the top of the Holte end which will cost £350 a season to go in! No free drinks or anything. Something about cup tickets that hasn’t gone down well either.

What determines if
A) you’re local
B) you’re a solid blue.
Can’t fans move away from Manchester & still be fans.
What’s the matter with “ tourists”.

You know what I mean by local support.
I never said there was anything wrong with our tourist support.
I was pointing our how the club is using our support demographics to fill the Etihad via pricing and interest in the different competition.

Last edited:
They’re all fans though

No they aren’t

Many tourists support other teams. All they want is to watch a good team and a PL or CL match.

City have become a Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich, the Milan clubs, Manchester United, Liverpool, etc.

Not to mention the obligatory half and half scarf.

PS. Yes, our foreign fan base has grown.

Last edited:
Could. Not. Disagree. More.

The two things are completely independent of each other. There’s Pep and his staff and his squad of players, and literally hundreds in numerous departments fucking up on a regular basis.

Restricting season cards to those with smart phones freezing out elderly fans. Putting fans in danger by having away fans above us. Shitting themselves and kowtowing at every department level LiVARpool. Ignoring City Matters representatives (apparently). Making impossible promises to keep by ensuring fans that gigs at the new venue won’t coincide with City fixtures further adding to the end of game congestion and undoubtedly meaning fans leave even earlier.

Pep and the players are great. The admin juggernaut beneath are contemptible.
Totally independent of each other. Completely agree.

So therefore why I'm saying banners and protests by fans, of which the impact could be felt by the players and Pep, during such a key period are a bad idea.

No they aren’t

Many tourists support other teams. All they want is to watch a good team and a PL or CL match.

City have become a Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich, the Milan clubs, Manchester United, Liverpool, etc.

Not to mention the obligatory half and half scarf.

PS. Yes, our foreign fan base has grown.
But does it matter?

Totally independent of each other. Completely agree.

So therefore why I'm saying banners and protests by fans, of which the impact could be felt by the players and Pep, during such a key period are a bad idea.

The time for a protest is at the start of next season, but the outrage by the majority will have fizzled out by then, especially if Bellingham signs, a new season, etc.

Announcing continual seaon ticket price rises at the end of the current season when City are in a usual PL title chase and possible CL final is perfect timing and ideal for the club. A captive audience.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.