Season Tickets - 2023/24

It's like the 2021-22 season was a blur and all clubs have forgot how shite their product is without fans.
Correct. The football really was shit during the lockdowns and no fans attended.

City won the Premier League, EFL Cup and lost in the Champions League final (our first ever one) and it was all just a bit more exciting than a few games of televised draughts would be.

Football without fans is nothing. Yet football clubs up and down England are trying to squeeze out the people who make the sport what it is.

Someone on this thread has given some other examples of other clubs’ increases for next season; maybe it’s time we all pulled together, instead of rivals, as one big fanbase across the country to protest to all the clubs?

So the CEO went against the Chairman, if that correct and I have no doubt in what you have said the Chairman must have also approved it.
He was at the meeting so had the chance to make his point. He may have made it afterwards privately or it's possible he just put prices up then made his case, after a fair accompli.

I very much doubt that the Chairman interferes in operational decisions.

Just to clarify, as there’s one or two posters who think I’m having a go at our new fans and tourists, I’m not.

I was pointing the out different fan demographics for domestic cup games v PL and CL games.

I have met and spoken to plenty of new fans and tourists on Metrolink going to the ground, outside the ground, and inside the ground. I’ve had a few drinks with new fans and tourists.

New fans and tourists are always welcome at City. I hope they stay the course. Especially after Pep leaves and our trophy winning cycle/era stops, which it will do at some point.
Steady on JRB Pep isn’t leaving anytime soon and our success will not stop
The most impressive man is Khaldoon he will ensure when Pep goes the club is successful

Just to clarify, as there’s one or two posters who think I’m having a go at our new fans and tourists, I’m not.

I was pointing the out different fan demographics for domestic cup games v PL and CL games.

I have met and spoken to plenty of new fans and tourists on Metrolink going to the ground, outside the ground, and inside the ground. I’ve had a few drinks with new fans and tourists.

New fans and tourists are always welcome at City. I hope they stay the course. Especially after Pep leaves and our trophy winning cycle/era stops, which it will do at some point.
The fact we get that level of demand from those new fans and tourists have undoubtedly fuelled the decision to go ahead with the North Stand expansion and associated developments.

I sometimes feel that the club is over criticised in a very subjective way.

Your very negative post was not based on fact and the bit about where we place opposition fans was resolved quite quickly.

Quote;

Putting fans in danger by having away fans above us. Shitting themselves and kowtowing at every department level LiVARpool. Ignoring City Matters representatives (apparently). Making impossible promises to keep by ensuring fans that gigs at the new venue won’t coincide with City fixtures further adding to the end of game congestion and undoubtedly meaning fans leave even earlier.

It’s more supposition than fact

FFWIW I love the smart phone tickets but I’ve been able to get paper tickets for a friend when necessary.

I guess I’m happy with the club and team but you’re not. Both entitled to our view.
It’s impossible to preface every post with every opinion I have, which makes it open for clowns to fill in the gaps for themselves. Of course I’m very much impressed with Pep, the team, the CFG idea, our Academy etc. I spend half my work life defending the club’s ownership and the nonsense FFP breach allegations. It’s painfully obvious though that the administration element have a take it or leave it attitude towards the fans.
Like you say, let’s agree to disagree.

Reactions: CC1
Now I'm no longer involved in City Matters, I'm going to go public with this. I know, because I saw the board minutes, that back around September/October 2017, the subject of ticket prices was raised when planning for the following season. The board agreed that fans had been asked to absorb a number of price rises over the previous seasons and felt season ticket prices were high enough and shouldn't be increased.

Of course they were increased and I can guess who made that decision, in defiance of the board. Our CEO's view (and I've had this confirmed by a third party) is that while we're enjoying the success we're enjoying them we should expect to pay more to watch it.

I can also tell you that the same person was planning for a European Super League for a number of years prior to the botched announcement a couple of years ago. Had the cartel clubs not made such a mess of things, we'd have been balls deep in that enterprise. It wasn't the prospect of an ESL that frightened us off but the rather clueless attempt at implementing it.

We have a CEO who has £, $ and € signs where his iris and cornea should be.

Update - I've found the document and here's the verbatim minute.
"The Chairman said that there should be no increase in GA ticket prices going forward as the fans' tolerance limit had been reached. Any price increases would have to be confined to premium seating."
Thank you for that information.

Says it all.

I have been disappointed with Khaldoon over some of the things he says about valuing fans in his end-of-season interviews over the years. and yet he keeps pricing more and more of us out every season.

However, it’s not him, it’s Soriano!

Not that I think Khaldoon would be reading this post for a second but I do apologise for blaming you, Mr Chairman!

More will fuck off with Mahrez than with Haaland 100%
And they’re just the fanboys of the players who actually do play for City.

Then there’s the next level up of pathetic cunts you see on CL nights when the likes of Paris are at the Etihad and you have them falling over seats in the home end as they run over to the front of ESL1 to take pictures and videos of Mbappe, Neymar and Messi like Wacko Jackos at a Michael Jackson concert in the 80s.

While our team is warming up at the other end who none of the fuckers are interested in.

There were some the other week - while Haaland, de Bruyne, Grealish etc. were all warming up at the other end - you had these kind of idiots screaming for Sadio Mane as he was warming up for Bayern. Stupid twats!

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.