Season Tickets - 2023/24

Correct. The football really was shit during the lockdowns and no fans attended.

City won the Premier League, EFL Cup and lost in the Champions League final (our first ever one) and it was all just a bit more exciting than a few games of televised draughts would be.

Football without fans is nothing. Yet football clubs up and down England are trying to squeeze out the people who make the sport what it is.

Someone on this thread has given some other examples of other clubs’ increases for next season; maybe it’s time we all pulled together, instead of rivals, as one big fanbase across the country to protest to all the clubs?

Fans should unite on this but they won't. As you rightly say football was shit without fans during the lockdowns and all is we heard was how important and valued the fans are. What a load of utter shite. Maybe it's time we reminded them. A day of action nationwide. Everybody don't attend the first game of the season. That would be the most effective day, all the build up and excitement of the new season hyped up by sky etcetera......then empty seats and terraces everywhere, maybe protests outside. Sadly, just like the country, people won't stick together and therefore will continue to get screwed.

Fans should unite on this but they won't. As you rightly say football was shit without fans during the lockdowns and all is we heard was how important and valued the fans are. What a load of utter shite. Maybe it's time we reminded them. A day of action nationwide. Everybody don't attend the first game of the season. That would be the most effective day, all the build up and excitement of the new season hyped up by sky etcetera......then empty seats and terraces everywhere, maybe protests outside. Sadly, just like the country, people won't stick together and therefore will continue to get screwed.
I'd love the government regulator to put a £30 price cap on all general tickets.

Thank you for that information.

Says it all.

I have been disappointed with Khaldoon over some of the things he says about valuing fans in his end-of-season interviews over the years. and yet he keeps pricing more and more of us out every season.

However, it’s not him, it’s Soriano!

Not that I think Khaldoon would be reading this post for a second but I do apologise for blaming you, Mr Chairman!

Time to smuggle in a banner “Soriano = greed, stop price hikes”

Time to smuggle in a banner “Soriano = greed, stop price hikes”
I think it would be better to keep protesting to the powers that be by email. Danny Wilson & mcfc in general.

I’m really against giving the media more ammunition to aim at us & they would love to be able to say something about the clubs last bastion being torn down - ie the loyalty of the fans.

I expect this forum to be quoted anyway in the red tops. They’ll love it

Now I'm no longer involved in City Matters, I'm going to go public with this. I know, because I saw the board minutes, that back around September/October 2017, the subject of ticket prices was raised when planning for the following season. The board agreed that fans had been asked to absorb a number of price rises over the previous seasons and felt season ticket prices were high enough and shouldn't be increased.

Of course they were increased and I can guess who made that decision, in defiance of the board. Our CEO's view (and I've had this confirmed by a third party) is that while we're enjoying the success we're enjoying them we should expect to pay more to watch it.

I can also tell you that the same person was planning for a European Super League for a number of years prior to the botched announcement a couple of years ago. Had the cartel clubs not made such a mess of things, we'd have been balls deep in that enterprise. It wasn't the prospect of an ESL that frightened us off but the rather clueless attempt at implementing it.

We have a CEO who has £, $ and € signs where his iris and cornea should be.

Update - I've found the document and here's the verbatim minute.
"The Chairman said that there should be no increase in GA ticket prices going forward as the fans' tolerance limit had been reached. Any price increases would have to be confined to premium seating."
Little bit disappointed to see this post - will the club ever trust fans on such committees if once they’re off, they leak?

I'd love the government regulator to put a £30 price cap on all general tickets.

I'm not sure they have that power but if they did football would have to cut their cloth accordingly. People say the top players would all leave for somewhere paying them more if it effected their money, but move where? I'm sure every country are poorer than the premier league and most are on the bones of their arse. The State's maybe? Would they want to move there to a piss poor league, playing for the Tampa Bay Rowdies or some such shite? Until fans unite and take effective action they'll keep getting screwed but they won't. We even have fans on here mocking our own fans who say they can't afford it, shame on them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.