Season Tickets - 2024/25

City Matters minutes from the March 14th meeting.

https://www.mancity.com/meta/media/x1qmskwm/city-matters_meeting-3-of-4_2023-24-season_140324.pdf

A couple of questions from it......

1. Why didn't the City Matters reps put out a statement prior to the club releasing the season ticket prices if they knew the plans? It would have had far far more effect.

2. The Season Ticket Holders rep, Angela Worrall, was present at the meeting. Why did she not put her name to the statement released by City Matters regarding the prices?

https://www.mancity.com/meta/media/x1qmskwm/city-matters_meeting-3-of-4_2023-24-season_140324.pdf

1. Why didn't the City Matters reps put out a statement prior to the club releasing the season ticket prices if they knew the plans? It would have had far far more effect.

2. The Season Ticket Holders rep, Angela Worrall, was present at the meeting. Why did she not put her name to the statement released by City Matters regarding the prices?
Just a guess but Angela might be about the age where her season card cost is cut by between a half and a third. Apologies if I’m way out.

I can understand City Matters not going to the media before the formal announcement of season card prices but not signing the City Matters statement is t really on. Maybe she was away at the time.

If city matters started announcing things before the club, they would just not be told anything ever again.

This is what I find curious about Flexi-Gold. It's better than nowt for a fan...but from the club's perspective I don't see how it deals with the problem of people snubbing the less glam fixtures. What's to stop someone paying £150 to reserve a seat for Rags, Scouse, Arse, Spuds, Chelsea, throw in Brighton, Fulham, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham...and then relisting the rest...at least Silver bundled up the Cat B and C fixtures

I suppose the club will have the 150 quid membership fee to cover the cost of missing any of the less profile matches and, happy to stand corrected as I only read it on here, if its a one year maximum flexi season ticket deal, gets rid of a season ticket holder who prefers not to attend the lesser matches and also gets new Flexi season ticket holders signed up who if they enjoy it will have to step up to a full season ticket.

I was unable to travel that particular midweek match and did list my ticket for the exchange but there were no takers.

Travel from Edinburgh has been a nightmare for the past two seasons with Avanti and TPE consistently cancelling trains or not listing tickets in advance that they think may be cancelled. It is usually far better to travel East Coast via York.

If the club cannot sell out for rearranged mid-week matches against less attractive opposition, it is clear that the pricing structure is all wrong. My ticket was no doubt listed at £65 as opposed to the £19 I would have received from the exchange had it sold.

The above Forever Blue made no sense to me at all. Only 5,000 members attended a Champions League match and many members hadn't attended a match at all. Why do people buy a membership if they don't intend to go to a match?
Obviously incorrect that Forever Blue info given Madrid at home sold at members with 3 home UCL games given that means they sold c14k tickets after seasonticket holders

I have not checked back but IIRC only 5K had attended a few or more. That chimes to an extent with the Madrid game selling out to fans who had been to three games in the last year or two. Some people just want to be associated with City and don’t go to a game. Others might make a game every couple of years. Thousands buy off the Face Value Facebook pages.

The prices were wrong for the Burnley game but we’ve also got lots of season card holders who don’t treat the season card as such. I don’t mind as long at they try to pass on the seat or list it on the exchange.

I am probably one of those who fell intk that category but always pass my ticket on or worst case list it on the exchange.

The problem is there is such a massive gulf between match day prices and my season ticket cost its just not cost effective to give it up and then pay individually for the 12/13 home matches I get to.

It’s a source of frustration not going but with say Arsenal, Real Madrid midweek coming up and the travel involved, I will end up passing on Villa as finances and holidays dictate it. I think for many fans living further afield they have to make similar sacrifices.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.