Season Tickets - 2024/25

I am probably one of those who fell intk that category but always pass my ticket on or worst case list it on the exchange.

The problem is there is such a massive gulf between match day prices and my season ticket cost its just not cost effective to give it up and then pay individually for the 12/13 home matches I get to.

It’s a source of frustration not going but with say Arsenal, Real Madrid midweek coming up and the travel involved, I will end up passing on Villa as finances and holidays dictate it. I think for many fans further afield they have to make similar sacrifices.
Exactly this, if City want less season ticket holders then the gulf in price has to come down, otherwise people will cling onto them come what may, even if they don’t intend to attend the majority of matches.
Treat the match day members better and more season ticket holders, who don’t attend regularly might be prepared to give them up, as it is at the moment I don’t blame anybody for holding on to them.

Mystifies me that such an intelligent man doesn't see the link between the home atmos he's unhappy with and the club's pricing strategies. He doesn't control them, but knowing what they're like he can't expect a raucous atmosphere...not least from the Tunnel Club. At the women's derby last week you had kids starting chants and carrying them! Yes it was a bit of a creche but it showed what happens when something is affordable and accessible.

Exactly this, if City want less season ticket holders then the gulf in price has to come down, otherwise people will cling onto them come what may, even if they don’t intend to attend the majority of matches.
Treat the match day members better and more season ticket holders, who don’t attend regularly might be prepared to give them up, as it is at the moment I don’t blame anybody for holding on to them.
That’s also an argument for putting up season card prices in some areas of the ground, I’m afraid. I’m all for match day members being treated well.

That’s also an argument for putting up season card prices in some areas of the ground, I’m afraid. I’m all for match day members being treated well.
I don’t disagree, and my season ticket is £485 next season, if a chunk of those season tickets were match day tickets instead, at £35 then I think we’d be in a much better place. Instead people in those areas who don’t attend all or even most of the games are keeping them, otherwise they’re forking out between £50 & £70 for tickets, it’s ludicrous.
Every year they put season tickets up, I hope it’s so they can make match day tickets more realistic, but then every year they put match day tickets up as well.

This is what I find curious about Flexi-Gold. It's better than nowt for a fan...but from the club's perspective I don't see how it deals with the problem of people snubbing the less glam fixtures. What's to stop someone paying £150 to reserve a seat for Rags, Scouse, Arse, Spuds, Chelsea, throw in Brighton, Fulham, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham...and then relisting the rest...at least Silver bundled up the Cat B and C fixtures

That’s how I see it too. It doesn’t solve that problem. Maybe it gives a bit more latitude to reduce match day prices for less attractive games but I’m not convinced about that either.

I’ve said this before but the Club seems to spent a lot of time bending to the will of season card holders who don’t go to that many games. Maybe they could recognise the people who go to every home game for once.

Because Flexi-Gold won't have access to Ticket Exchange or even Ticket Transfer to Family/Friends. You buy a ticket to use it ... and decide that three weeks in advance of each fixture. No re-grades either, so if the Flexi-Gold is for a child, only an under 18 can use it, no upgrade to adult. All this is buried in the T&Cs PDF document.

Because Flexi-Gold won't have access to Ticket Exchange or even Ticket Transfer to Family/Friends. You buy a ticket to use it ... and decide that three weeks in advance of each fixture. No re-grades either, so if the Flexi-Gold is for a child, only an under 18 can use it, no upgrade to adult. All this is buried in the T&Cs PDF document.

Probably explains why City have clamped down on adults using under 18 season tickets. City never used to bother about that. City are trying to drum into City fans that Adults using under 28 season tickets won’t be allowed or tolerated. And if it happens season tickets will be taken back.

I was stopped and was told my season ticket barcode was a screen shot, that’s why it wouldn’t work. I told the steward it wasn’t. After speaking to another more senior steward and giving him my details, I was let in by the steward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.