Season Tickets - 2024/25

Leeds have introduced an interesting new product this season. An away season ticket.

The 265 fans with the most attendances at away games over recent seasons were previously in a category called ‘Super away attendees’ and presumably had first shot at away tickets.

They’re now scrapped that and invited those 265 people to buy an away season ticket for £850. According to one fan the total price of the equivalent tickets last year was £669.

Pretty much the same as a league games only version of Superbia I suppose.

If you were a top pointer and City offered this, would you buy one? I would guess the vast majority would. Although the price would be a lot easier to see if the club were charging a premium for the privilege in the Premier League.

Anything above £570 would be going straight to City. Not sure how Leeds have worked out their price? Or even if they’re aware yet of exactly how much each away game is going to be.
Leeds have had an away season card for several years Stephen. Maybe they dropped it for a year or so and established it but they’ve definitely had away season tickets before.

Leeds have had an away season card for several years Stephen. Maybe they dropped it for a year or so and established it but they’ve definitely had away season tickets before.

Thanks, I’ve just re-read the Tweet I got the info from and it does indeed mention right at the bottom “existing away season ticket holders”

The way the rest of it was worded made it seem like it was a new thing.

I edited my post as it wasn't clear, they are charging away fans who come to Elland road £30 and have agreements with other clubs that Leeds fans will be charged the same. They had reciprocal agreements last years and if you average it out it worked out at slightly less than £30 per game.

Right. Cheers. Charging them £850 for £690 worth of tickets does seem a bit of a pisstake then.

Thanks, I’ve just re-read the Tweet I got the info from and it does indeed mention right at the bottom “existing away season ticket holders”

The way the rest of it was worded made it seem like it was a new thing.
No worries Stephen. I know quite a few Leeds fans and I found it interesting that although they struggled for away tickets for top games, they showed no bitterness towards their fellow fans who had secured the away season tickets.

I know we had Superbia thet was scaled back but I think Superbia gave a guarantee of better seats IIRC. I’m pretty sure the Leeds season tickets don’t.

I’ve no idea how it works. Would clubs be obliged to tell away clubs for games say after Christmas, how much they intend charging them before the season even starts?

One thing’s for certain. With no cap on prices, they’ll all be looking at the home game with Leeds as a way of making a buttie.

My totally wild, uninformed guess would be that £850 wouldn’t be too wide of the mark.
Guessing like the PL in the old days as per our home games they'll have the opposition categories so prices will be available to clubs. I know in championship last couple of years of clubs charging 45-50. Like you say the 850 will be about right considering they have more games than PL

My season tickets have just vanished from my iPhone wallet. Anybody else got this?
No. I'm being asked to add my payment card, with no escape from the screen other than add to wallet.

Life was so much easier when a little book arrived in the post full of yellow paper tickets with numbers on them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.