Season Tickets For The 2017-18 Season Have Sold Out

I made a formal complaint to City after the Celtic home mess last season and was assured they were all over our home end because Blues had got tickets for them (or sold them on.) It'd be interesting to know whether sanctions were made because it kicked off all over the ground. People could've been seriously hurt.
Seems to be the CL games where you've got all those City season ticket holders who don't go and loads extra seats to sell. It will be even worse this season as I think a few seasoncard holders retaliated to the price rise by coming out of the schemes.

As others have said, that's not the case. The season ticket is effectively lent to you by the club.

The season ticket T's & C's are an interesting read and say you can't transfer your ticket without the written permission of the club. So anyone selling on their season card (or even giving it away) just for one game is both breaking their agreement with the club and committing a criminal act.
What criminal act? Is there really legislation that denies someone passing on a ticket? Genuine question. I, for the life of me, can't get my head around this. I shell out north of 800 quid but I'm only borrowing something. Really?

What criminal act? Is there really legislation that denies someone passing on a ticket? Genuine question. I, for the life of me, can't get my head around this. I shell out north of 800 quid but I'm only borrowing something. Really?
Just now read your explanation - we really do get fucked over for being football fans. In what other world does anyone buying something not actually own it? I've just bought my lad a season card, last season I bought him single tickets for every game and we managed, through a bit of chicanery, to get him sat next to me. But it was a royal ball-ache. I used to buy whatever were the cheapest tickets on level 1, he'd walk in with me at same entrance, but then, bingo! the club said we were having this fucking tunnel and he'd have to go in the correct entrance, which meant I had to get half the seats changed. I managed to find someone in the ticket office who was an absolute diamond and who changed the tickets without any hassle, but only after going through half a dozen fuckwits who refused to budge. We're our own worst enemy. And I include myself in that.

Just now read your explanation - we really do get fucked over for being football fans. In what other world does anyone buying something not actually own it? I've just bought my lad a season card, last season I bought him single tickets for every game and we managed, through a bit of chicanery, to get him sat next to me. But it was a royal ball-ache. I used to buy whatever were the cheapest tickets on level 1, he'd walk in with me at same entrance, but then, bingo! the club said we were having this fucking tunnel and he'd have to go in the correct entrance, which meant I had to get half the seats changed. I managed to find someone in the ticket office who was an absolute diamond and who changed the tickets without any hassle, but only after going through half a dozen fuckwits who refused to budge. We're our own worst enemy. And I include myself in that.
If you think that's bad, search my posts with the search term 'Rhoden' and you'll find a post I made on 1 Mar 2012 about a Football Supporters Federation event called 'Watching Football Is Not A Crime' that was held at The Etihad. There were some horror stories at that and it showed that watching football is indeed a crime.

I can order more than one ticket for a game with my season card and sometimes do when going to CL games those tickets are given to friends who are going to the game is this a criminal act and are the club complicit in the crime as they are selling more than one ticket to a single card holder?

I can order more than one ticket for a game with my season card and sometimes do when going to CL games those tickets are given to friends who are going to the game is this a criminal act and are the club complicit in the crime as they are selling more than one ticket to a single card holder?
Well that's an interesting question.

For the Arsenal semi-final the club was offering SC holders the chance to buy more tickets then banned someone who actually bought 2 extra tickets and sold them on to family members. It was on here somewhere if you look. I think he'd put it on his Facebook page asking any of his friends and family if they wanted a ticket.

I suspect that if you advertise anywhere that you have or can get tickets then even if you've bought those tickets perfectly legally, you could be breaking the law.

It's not often that @jonnytapia and me see eye to eye but he's absolutely spot on that we fans are our own worst enemies for happily accepting the shit that's thrown at us.

Well that's an interesting question.

For the Arsenal semi-final the club was offering SC holders the chance to buy more tickets then banned someone who actually bought 2 extra tickets and sold them on to family members. It was on here somewhere if you look. I think he'd put it on his Facebook page asking any of his friends and family if they wanted a ticket.

I suspect that if you advertise anywhere that you have or can get tickets then even if you've bought those tickets perfectly legally, you could be breaking the law.

It's not often that @jonnytapia and me see eye to eye but he's absolutely spot on that we fans are our own worst enemies for happily accepting the shit that's thrown at us.
It's because we are fans rather than customers. That and the fact that there is no real complaint process at a football club with independent arbitration where required (like an ombudsman). I have long argued that if any football club wants to treat its fans as customers, then there should be similar customer protection that is offered outside football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.