Season Tickets For The 2017-18 Season Have Sold Out

As others have said, that's not the case. The season ticket is effectively lent to you by the club.

The season ticket T's & C's are an interesting read and say you can't transfer your ticket without the written permission of the club. So anyone selling on their season card (or even giving it away) just for one game is both breaking their agreement with the club and committing a criminal act.

Very interesting,I'd suggest there will be a lot of law breakers then again this season,I mean lots of people can't make certain games for whatever reasons,and either sell them or give them for others to use,the club would never know in any case,unless a passport type card was introduced,which will probably never happen would it ?

No legitimate way of checking if the right person is using the correct card,fuck me,imagine how bad the queues would be if that ever got introduced,it would be ht by the time folk were getting in

Very interesting,I'd suggest there will be a lot of law breakers then again this season,I mean lots of people can't make certain games for whatever reasons,and either sell them or give them for others to use,the club would never know in any case,unless a passport type card was introduced,which will probably never happen would it ?

No legitimate way of checking if the right person is using the correct card,fuck me,imagine how bad the queues would be if that ever got introduced,it would be ht by the time folk were getting in
Liverpool had a big purge last season at Annfield when they were challenging people who they believed were using tickets that didn't belong to them. Quite a few got thrown out and some season ticket holders had their tickets revoked.

Why is it a criminal act and not just breach of contract?
Because it's covered by Section 166 of the Criminal Justice & Public Order Act of 1994.

It's classed as an offence to sell, offer for sale or facilitate the sale of tickets for certain categories of football match. While it's designed to eliminate touting, it covers any sales of football tickets even if not for commercial purposes or where there is no gain involved.

Liverpool had a big purge last season at Annfield when they were challenging people who they believed were using tickets that didn't belong to them. Quite a few got thrown out and some season ticket holders had their tickets revoked.

I suppose in some cases it would be more noticeable though,especially if got a camera around the neck,loads of carrier bags after a visit to the store,and of course the ultimate give away,non wearing of a shell suit at Anfield :)

Because it's covered by Section 166 of the Criminal Justice & Public Order Act of 1994.

It's classed as an offence to sell, offer for sale or facilitate the sale of tickets for certain categories of football match. While it's designed to eliminate touting, it covers any sales of football tickets even if not for commercial purposes or where there is no gain involved.

yes, but the Dippers do take the piss, sitting in the pub with dozens of season cards waiting for the tourists to come collect.

So what is the system which allows a load of Chelsea tourists to be in the away section at the bridge last season? Stories suggest a group of approximately 20 and one couldn't keep quiet when they took the lead, so the whole lot were removed. - Don't have full details as I was in the upper bit where there seemed to be quite a few who were there for the game rather than to support City.
Where did the group get their tickets (City must have been the original source as we took a full allocation) and what action has been taken against them?

The club allowing upgrades or no upgrade needed if the same category kind off allows discretion to transfer amoung friends and family.

The 1994 act seem specifically to deal with Euro 96, and touting was illegal before the act as I saw a few arrests for it, but never any these days.

Even celebrities openly share season tickets, and hotels have them to sell packages at 'certain' clubs, hardly a major priority for the police or clubs. You you don't see the Vagrancy Act 1824 being enforced these days either.

As others have said, that's not the case. The season ticket is effectively lent to you by the club.

The season ticket T's & C's are an interesting read and say you can't transfer your ticket without the written permission of the club. So anyone selling on their season card (or even giving it away) just for one game is both breaking their agreement with the club and committing a criminal act.

Lets say it as it really is.

Until we were rich and filling the ground no fucker at the club gave a shit about tickets and who had them. Anyone could have got them at face value. Now the club wants to have you buy a season ticket but if you cannot go to the game give it to them to sell so they can make a profit. They may not even sell it at the price they are asking so you left pissing in the wind as you are not allowed to give it to a family member or a friend or sell it yourself and lets be honest most sell at the 1/19th not more.

The FB page is doing nothing wrong. Good luck to them.

I cannot wait until we at an away game, one of the big ones and the corporate or new foreign fans are given a block or a few rows. It happened at Utd, it happened at Spuds, it happened at Madrid (semi final) whilst we on here will argue about loyalty points and how best to introduce a new system for distributing tickets and when those on here are the most loyal there is.

I made a formal complaint to City after the Celtic home mess last season and was assured they were all over our home end because Blues had got tickets for them (or sold them on.) It'd be interesting to know whether sanctions were made because it kicked off all over the ground. People could've been seriously hurt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.