Season Tickets For The 2017-18 Season Have Sold Out

Pedant alert. How can you have more than one unique anything? Someone trying to be posh and say unique instead of different?

Fairly pointless stat anyway as it would go up if you had fewer season ticket holders.

Probably comes from 'unique visitors' which is pretty much the standard term for describing different/distinct individuals visiting a website. I haven't seen the term used with supporters before but I'd hardly say that unique is a particularly posh word though.

Pedant alert. How can you have more than one unique anything? Someone trying to be posh and say unique instead of different?

Fairly pointless stat anyway as it would go up if you had fewer season ticket holders.
Why would it go up with fewer s/ c holders ? We are talking about fans who only go to one or two games a season as it's not that hard to get a match day ticket, less season tickets holders wouldnt make any difference to the number of different fans attending over the season.

Yes I could have used different.

It is a big deal that City had 120,000 different home fans through the Etihad. Shows the width of our support. Another measure of our fan base. Would be interesting to know how it's changed over the years

But he's not selling is he? Is he even advertising a ticket for sale?
He's facilitating the sale of tickets, which is an offence. As is this site.

I assume the club is trying to do this nicely rather than come over all heavy-handed but there's no way out of this. As crazy as it is, you can't re-sell or facilitate the resale of a football ticket. As football fans we've allowed ourselves to be criminalised for doing things that rugby, cricket & music fans can do without fear of sanctions.

But another issue, whether people like it or not, is the points system as that encourages people to buy tickets they have no intention of using. Essentially it penalises people for not buying tickets. Get rid of that and at least half this problem goes away.

He's facilitating the sale of tickets, which is an offence. As is this site.

I assume the club is trying to do this nicely rather than come over all heavy-handed but there's no way out of this. As crazy as it is, you can't re-sell or facilitate the resale of a football ticket. As football fans we've allowed ourselves to be criminalised for doing things that rugby, cricket & music fans can do without fear of sanctions.

But another issue, whether people like it or not, is the points system as that encourages people to buy tickets they have no intention of using. Essentially it penalises people for not buying tickets. Get rid of that and at least half this problem goes away.

But even if ,like me and you for instance,we have season tickets,they are ours to do whatever we wish to ?

We have bought them,so technically they are ours,not the clubs,so we can do as we please like everything else in life we've bought and owned ?

But even if ,like me and you for instance,we have season tickets,they are ours to do whatever we wish to ?

We have bought them,so technically they are ours,not the clubs,so we can do as we please like everything else in life we've bought and owned ?
not so. if you ring the club ticket line first thing you get is a recorded message spelling out terms and conditions. saying if you don't accept then please don't continue, or words to that effect.

no, you've bought the right to use the club's ticket. You paid for permission to be the club's guest on their terms, nothing more.

not so. if you ring the club ticket line first thing you get is a recorded message spelling out terms and conditions. saying if you don't accept then please don't continue, or words to that effect.

Mmmmmm interesting,never took much notice ever really

As others have said, that's not the case. The season ticket is effectively lent to you by the club.

The season ticket T's & C's are an interesting read and say you can't transfer your ticket without the written permission of the club. So anyone selling on their season card (or even giving it away) just for one game is both breaking their agreement with the club and committing a criminal act.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.