season tickets general sale

just checked online and all my points have been added to my account.

they also said new members still get 1000 extra loyalty points but you gt them later

Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:
They are looking for guaranteed full
Houses mate . That's why everyone who wants a season ticket will get one.

Don't expect that message to come from city , though . They'll be happy with the myth peddled in this thread, that there won't be enough to go round.

Sorry if I sound like a stuck record but I just want to reassure people wanting one. There are some ridiculous comments doing the rounds, including this thread . City want you to panic . They want you to believe that if you don't buy a season ticket you won't get in, you won't get to wembley etc. But they also want new season ticket holders , of which they will want as many as they can get, not to feel that they will never have enough points for wembley tickets. Hence all these extra loyalty points on offer. Cough up enough in your first season and you're in with a shout.

City are playing it well commercially . I'm sure season ticket revenue will be right up this season.

So at the end of August last year when 2 of my mates were told they couldn't buy a SC as they had sold out: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/tickets-and-travel/2010/august/seasoncards-sold-out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/tickets-and- ... s-sold-out</a>

The club were lying? Why should we believe you over the club and what was the point "lying" last season about selling out of SC's?

You're not listening pal, read the thread again.

Your premier league cap is 95% of the ground, so the club can sell about 43K season tickets if they want to. They set their own notional "Cap" and last year they made no announcement of what this cap was, they just stated for ages that "last few season tickets available" to create a demand. They did ultimately announce that all season tickets had been sold but it was right at the beginning of the season and I'm sure not many were turned away.

What I'm predicting is that on the assumption that demand is greater this year, they will accommodate that demand. They might announce some sort of cap at some point but it will be right up at a level where pretty much anyone who wants one can get one.

They do daft things but they aren't idiots, City. No club in the land would be daft enough to turn away guaranteed bums on seats and revenue.

It isn't about "lying", it's about marketing the club and flogging the tickets. I think there were 34K season ticket holders last year. This year we'll probably sell another few thousand but we still won't have a sold out ground for Norwich at home on a December Monday night. The club seem bizarrely obsessed with the stadium looking full on telly. REst assured they will not turn season ticket customers away in numbers. It will be carefully planned to maximise revenue and bums on seats.

EDIT - Just looked at your link. What a coincidence that last year's season tickets sold out in the middle of the FRiday afternoon just before the first home match ;-)

You see what I'm getting at?

Yeah I do, sorry was being a little thick. You are not implying that they did not sell out last season, just that they are likely to raise their own self-imposed cap if demand is great enough.

Could make sense though I assume they will want to keep an amount (anyone's guess) available to buy on a match by match basis to keep "new" fans or those unable to commit to a SC interested.

May well happen.

SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
So at the end of August last year when 2 of my mates were told they couldn't buy a SC as they had sold out: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/tickets-and-travel/2010/august/seasoncards-sold-out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/tickets-and- ... s-sold-out</a>

The club were lying? Why should we believe you over the club and what was the point "lying" last season about selling out of SC's?

You're not listening pal, read the thread again.

Your premier league cap is 95% of the ground, so the club can sell about 43K season tickets if they want to. They set their own notional "Cap" and last year they made no announcement of what this cap was, they just stated for ages that "last few season tickets available" to create a demand. They did ultimately announce that all season tickets had been sold but it was right at the beginning of the season and I'm sure not many were turned away.

What I'm predicting is that on the assumption that demand is greater this year, they will accommodate that demand. They might announce some sort of cap at some point but it will be right up at a level where pretty much anyone who wants one can get one.

They do daft things but they aren't idiots, City. No club in the land would be daft enough to turn away guaranteed bums on seats and revenue.

It isn't about "lying", it's about marketing the club and flogging the tickets. I think there were 34K season ticket holders last year. This year we'll probably sell another few thousand but we still won't have a sold out ground for Norwich at home on a December Monday night. The club seem bizarrely obsessed with the stadium looking full on telly. REst assured they will not turn season ticket customers away in numbers. It will be carefully planned to maximise revenue and bums on seats.

EDIT - Just looked at your link. What a coincidence that last year's season tickets sold out in the middle of the FRiday afternoon just before the first home match ;-)

You see what I'm getting at?

Yeah I do, sorry was being a little thick. You are not implying that they did not sell out last season, just that they are likely to raise their own self-imposed cap if demand is great enough.

Could make sense though I assume they will want to keep a amount (anyone's guess) available to buy on a match by match basis to keep "new" fans or those unable to commit to a SC interested.

May well happen.

They will have to keep some back for matchday sales for several reasons. The main one, I guess, is the increased allocation for away fans in the cup. They cannot sell more season tickets than this because they have to offer all season ticket holders their seat.

Most pertinent will be demand, though. I cannot for the life of me see there being anything like enough demand to sell out the ground in season tickets.

My guess would be 37K season tickets and 7-8K per sale each game. Our capacity for City fans goes up for many games now as the away fans only take one tier.

I also forecast that we'll sell out 90% of gome games. Last season it was probably about 50%.

No idea what they'll do about all those sold but unused seats in the family stand though.

I do agree with the comments about the club making us panic to buy.

I've not had a SC for a few years so was on the waiting list, Megs who's never had a SC as an adult was also on the waiting list.

I think I panicked bought and it cost me a little more, even when they offered me seats I wasn't massively hungry for I was like: yes yes yes.

For Platinum East Stand, 109, F - £640.00

After hearing that they were available i got Mrs H to phone and see what was going on - this is the first time i have been able to afford one and i didn't want to miss out. She managed to get me one in the East stand 202 - no questions asked, £650 for the gold. I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Phoned the club this morning after receiving an email.

Bought my first ever season ticket for £510

Block 211 Row N Seat 272.

Roll on August 13th, Swansea at home! Cant wait!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.