Seasoncard - 2021/22

I have my doubts we'll see it next season, never mind August, on current trends we could be at 20000 cases per day again by June 21st.
We could, but its the death rates and serious illness counts that will affect the reopening. Otherwise we will be in states of lockdown for evermore. We have to be hopeful I think....

We could, but its the death rates and serious illness counts that will affect the reopening. Otherwise we will be in states of lockdown for evermore. We have to be hopeful I think....
Don't disagree, but we also have to get past a now overy cautious government, who won't want it getting out of control, and filling stadia with shouting and singing fans will be considered a greater risk than necessary, and there are many more important things to be open.

Must be difficult for the club not knowing, but then they probably shouldn't have had a suggested date, and left it until they were ready.

Exactly. I work in a project delivery environment. If we say that something will be done by a certain time, then people expect it to be done by that time. If you can't do it, they expect to know well in advance.

It's really annoying to be told something, less than 24 hours in advance of it supposedly happening, then to find it's not happening and with no explanation or revised timetable. I suspect few of us would get away with that in our jobs. I've had this discussion with them and they can't see the problem. One of the reasons I'm on City Matters is that, having worked on large transformation programmes, I feel I can add some value but sometimes I utterly despair.
In your day job the clients probably have an alternative.

City fans aren't customers and aren't going to take their business elsewhere.

I make a distinction between the club I love and the people that run the club who I have a different opinion about.

I have my doubts we'll see it next season, never mind August, on current trends we could be at 20000 cases per day again by June 21st.
The counter argument is that between half and a million people are marching for freedom most weekends in London. Over half of the population have now had both jabs. I doubt the general public are prepared to go into restrictive measures. The government has said this route out of lockdown has to be irreversible. Yes they can backtrack on that but I’m fairly sure civil unrest will follow.

I doubt the general public are prepared to go into restrictive measures.
It might have escaped your notice, but we are in "restrictive measures", and June 21st was the "earliest" date for coming out of them, and science is now saying that we might have to move that date.

Civil unrest was being predicted 12 months ago, and thus far only a minority of idiots have caused any.

All I said was that I don't see full stadia anytime soon, and I suspect City are getting this advice either locally, or through the FA, hence no announcement on next season.

It might have escaped your notice, but we are in "restrictive measures", and June 21st was the "earliest" date for coming out of them, and science is now saying that we might have to move that date.

Civil unrest was being predicted 12 months ago, and thus far only a minority of idiots have caused any.

All I said was that I don't see full stadia anytime soon, and I suspect City are getting this advice either locally, or through the FA, hence no announcement on next season.
It hasn’t escaped my notice at all as I have a job and generally have no problems communicating with people.
The minority of idiots you are talking about are very sizeable and I suspect they are only a minority in terms of people willing to take direct action. People’s reasons for being against either lockdowns or restrictions are many and varied and include many professional figures.
Whilst I’m not one of the “idiots” that you lazily label, nor am I hanging on the government’s every word. Although their silly traffic light system is great value entertainment. We will come out of all measures this summer and my opinion is that the great British public have had their fill. You can’t put the toothpaste back into the tube.

Disagree with me by all means, but don’t label people with an opinion that differs slightly from your own as idiots.

Disagree with me by all means, but don’t label people with an opinion that differs slightly from your own as idiots.
You said "civil unrest" and there has been very little thus far, and most people have grudgingly just got on with it now for 15 months, and I seriously doubt that will change if things are delayed.

Anyway, lets get this back to the discussion about City season ticket announcement delays, I gave my reasons why I think they are delayed, and that is the discussion about whether we will have full stadia in August, and I can't see it, and I'm sure the club are in discussions over that with local or national authorities, and they can't expect people to commit to serious spending until they actually know something.

Restricted capacity may well happen next season but the FA and every club is preparing for full stadia. This is what was fed back to me by my account manager and City Matters have said the same.

Who knows what the cause for delay is. It maybe something or nothing but the fact is they were ready to go last week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.