Seasoncard - 2021/22

Well I’m on my way to the Stadium and to mash up two well known phrases or sayings:
We who are about to try salute you. I’m going over the top, out of the tent and may be some time!

Of course on the day that I’m going it’s pouring down.

:-)
Just been down there myself. I was collecting my brothers ticket and thought I'd test my smart phone at the turnstile. It was about 9:45 so not officially open and no queues and the staff were very helpful.

Didn't work initially with the NFC reader but by selecting 'Details' in the wallet, displaying the barcode and inserting the phone in the reader I got my beep and green light.

All set for Saturday now.

What I’m saying is, if you don’t have an NFC phone you could opt for “print at home” tickets, and instead of actually printing them, just scan the barcode/QR code from your phone screen.

The scanner won’t know or care whether it’s scanning paper, or a screen, or a tattoo of the code on your arse cheek.

It’s the same thing when you scan an e-ticket with a barcode/QR code at a gig, or an airport, or scan your Tescos clubcard on your phone at the tills.

** The only caveat being some very old barcode scanners can’t read phone screens. This is pretty rare and the only time I’ve come across it in everyday life is some of the outdated tills in Co-op stores. **
Best of luck trying to fit your arse into the scanner!

What I’m saying is, if you don’t have an NFC phone you could opt for “print at home” tickets, and instead of actually printing them, just scan the barcode/QR code from your phone screen.

The scanner won’t know or care whether it’s scanning paper, or a screen, or a tattoo of the code on your arse cheek.

It’s the same thing when you scan an e-ticket with a barcode/QR code at a gig, or an airport, or scan your Tescos clubcard on your phone at the tills.

** The only caveat being some very old barcode scanners can’t read phone screens. This is pretty rare and the only time I’ve come across it in everyday life is some of the outdated tills in Co-op stores. **
I think you're right. As I posted earlier, my test this morning ended up with the reader scanning my phone's barcode.

Can you recommend a decent tattooist then? ;)

I think you're right. As I posted earlier, my test this morning ended up with the reader scanning my phone's barcode.

The club obviously know how the system works and my guess would be they don’t actively want to tell people about this ‘loophole’ as it’s an easy way for people to share tickets around without going through their official friends and family / ticket exchange ecosystem.

The side effect being fans with low tech literacy are flapping over nothing and going out buying things like new phones and printers when they don’t have to.

Just been down there myself. I was collecting my brothers ticket and thought I'd test my smart phone at the turnstile. It was about 9:45 so not officially open and no queues and the staff were very helpful.

Didn't work initially with the NFC reader but by selecting 'Details' in the wallet, displaying the barcode and inserting the phone in the reader I got my beep and green light.

All set for Saturday now.
Should have gone in and got in your seat!

Well that was very painless. No queuing for me. The staff were very helpful and the first thing the did was offer me a cuppa! (I refused as I thought it might hold me up!) Then into the stadium sit down and immediately a lovely young lady came over. So I hadn’t even got settled when she took me back out to the turnstile and showed me that it worked and that was that. It took me longer to walk around the shop as I’d been on the wrong side because I spotted a queue. It was at a tea kiosk nothing to do with tickets! :-)

I’m now on the tram home. The lift worked as well.
There was a lady struggling to walk though and I felt for her. Even though the process was ok for me as my ticket was downloaded it’s not fair that elderly people are struggling to sort this out. :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.