Seasoncard - 2021/22

Received an email from city, high expectations of being able to utilise ticket transfer but no it’s just a long set of instructions and rules for match day. What a joke

Aye me too, btw, I don’t think that they were clear enough that cash is NOT accepted.
Makes no difference to me, I might buy a cup of coffee about 3 times per season, that’s all, not interested in drinking their p*ss on a match day.

Just like that!!

I'm currently preparing a check list for Saturday and the rest of the season:
Prepare flask, butties and bickies and load into coat/fleece pockets.
Park up across from Aldi on Ashton New Road 2 hours before KO.
Get bus down to ground - Bus Pass in wallet.
Open phone (fully charged) on approach to ground with Covid Pass details showing.
Close above and open Google pay app.
Go through "security" at entrance D, lift up to EL3.
Go to seat/toilet as necessary'
Reverse the journey details at the final whistle.
Rinse and repeat for rest of season.

What could possibly go wrong?
The bit where you go through security :-)

Can you click on <passes> at the bottom? Should be there.
Thank you cannot see any reference to passes , only thing at the bottom is a blue field ADD A CARD. there are 3 horizontal bars top left but when I select this there is nothing that would lead me to passes

Since when did photo I’d become part of the standard ticketing policy.the only photo I.d I have is my passport and il be blowed if I’m risking that at a football match. Think this is my last season
Been like that for years, whenever you got a print at home ticket it said it in big writing even though the reason I printed it at home was to give to a mate.

Same thing happened with me I was able to correct this ( or my son did) by identifying that my email used with city is different to the Gmail attached to gpay. He was able to add my city email address and it loaded into gpay. I hope this helps you. It may not be the answer but it was for me.
Just checked the email address on Gpay is the same as my City one , it has downloaded but I cannot see it or gain access to it.

Superb and spot on. Those that accept this are immune to what is happening here. When the majority on here started supporting our club we paid game by game with coins and the club didn't have a clue who would turn up nor what our names were. Even with Season Tickets and eventually Seasoncards, all they gleaned were our names, ages and where we lived. Now they want us to be a small part of some big business analytics experiment where it can only be a matter of time before our movements are tracked and no doubt our preferences noted. How long before the stadium is cash free and even card free and we are expected to be dictated to in what is offered for sale and how we pay.

In short, anyone on here who is naive enough to think our team gives a fuck about match attending fans anymore seriously needs to get a grip. We are becoming almost an inconvenience in our presence and administration and other than those that attend corporate it can only be another generation at most before we see screens around the stadium showing faces of global fans watching on PPV streams. We had a small glimpse during the pandemic of screens showing fans at home and you can almost guarantee that's where we will eventually head.

"Christ, fans at the stadium, that's just so yesterday" I can here the youth of tomorrow saying.
Well it wasn't too long at all. About 5 days since I posted that and they certainly had it planned long before then.

This is actually a very good point. The club have had a whole year to sort this out.
I'm not sure that's true actually. They have been planning mobile ticketing for a while but my guess is that they were told by somone, probably the PL, to implement this particular system (Fortress GB) recently.

I could be wrong but I reckon this could be a different system to the one used at the Everton game, which was probably part of SeatGeek, our native ticket system. If that's the case, we've had to install this and link it to SeatGeek (and any other impacted system). This will have caused all these problems, which, less than 72 hours before the first game, they still haven't resolved fully. And the Everton game, with just 10,000 fans, was far from faultless.

I could be wrong but, if I'm right, we'll be using a new system that's had no significant testing at any sort of scale, not 5,000 people, not 10,000 people and certainly not 50,000 people. Some clubs have taken a sensible approach and are implementing this with a subset of users or (as I believe in Burnley's case) not at all this season.

I hope the problems are non-existent or, at worst, minimal on Saturday. But I'm very nervous if we have implemented a completely new system with little real-world testing at scale, when 50,000 turn up and try to gain access.

I'm not sure that's true actually. They have been planning mobile ticketing for a while but my guess is that they were told by somone, probably the PL, to implement this particular system (Fortress GB) recently.

I could be wrong but I reckon this could be a different system to the one used at the Everton game, which was probably part of SeatGeek, our native ticket system. If that's the case, we've had to install this and link it to SeatGeek (and any other impacted system). This will have caused all these problems, which, less than 72 hours before the first game, they still haven't resolved fully. And the Everton game, with just 10,000 fans, was far from faultless.

I could be wrong but, if I'm right, we'll be using a new system that's had no significant testing at any sort of scale, not 5,000 people, not 10,000 people and certainly not 50,000 people. Some clubs have taken a sensible approach and are implementing this with a subset of users or (as I believe in Burnley's case) not at all this season.

I hope the problems are non-existent or, at worst, minimal on Saturday. But I'm very nervous if we have implemented a completely new system with little real-world testing at scale, when 50,000 turn up and try to gain access.
I know I’m like a stuck record but any definitive news on ticket exchange mate. I cannot get a response from the club irrespective of the channel I try.

The bit where you go through security :-)
As it's a Disabled entrance, the stewards/security (at least until the lockdown) at the gate tended to be the same faces every match, and I could have a good chat with them, as I generally arrive at or near to the gate opening time.
The searches were all very friendly, as not all the match goers are ambulant. Fortunately, I only need a stick to get around, and the searches are generally cursory.
Here's hoping that it's the same on Saturday.

Since when did photo I’d become part of the standard ticketing policy.the only photo I.d I have is my passport and il be blowed if I’m risking that at a football match. Think this is my last season
I think it's been lurking about at the bottom of the small print for some time but they've never bothered with it. Apart from passports there will be plenty of people who don't have other ID options. Banks won't have a FOC bus pass photo, and I once had my Hollywood features on a credit card and that wasn't accepted. I might show 'em the latest I've got - Senior railcard.

And if the season doesn't improve in the sense of infrastructure, not the footballing, I might wave cheerio to my matchday experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.