Seasoncard - 2021/22

I work in IT and you don't roll a major change like this out unless you're sure you've ironed out all the major bugs. They should have asked people if they wanted it, and offered an incentive to those that were prepared to use it.

This is absolutely not the case. We've been told by City that they will be introducing a system to allow tickets to be easily forwarded to others. So please stop peddling this nonsense, something you have no knowledge of.
I’m over 65, I am amazed how reactionary so many posters on heard are. The system is clearly going to be the way forward but the club have offered alternative means for those you want. It just seems that some aren’t happy unless they are moaning !

Does anyone know when the renewal window is? Nothing on my seasoncards in my tickets bit allowing me to renew yet.
Also, has Value Gold bit the dust? That was a lifesaver for a lot at £300

I’m over 65, I am amazed how reactionary so many posters on heard are. The system is clearly going to be the way forward but the club have offered alternative means for those you want. It just seems that some aren’t happy unless they are moaning !
The alternative was supposed to be available for Everton, it took two phone call and 5 hours, and they tried just to tell you to use someone else's phone and begrudged doing it.

Then the people who used phones had issues scanning and some just had to be let in.

It isn't moaning for the sake of it, it was a massive cock up for a game with 10k fans, and they still roll it out pretending it had been a success.

But most pensioners have more disposable income than most young adults. (No housing costs, no travel to work costs, no having kids cost.) It's only possible electorally because there are so many pensioners living so long, and too many voting Tory to destroy the welfare state and the NHS that are the reasons we're living so long.
Jesus fucking wept.

That's not the issue, people have different circumstances.

My dad doesn't have a smart phone, he doesn't have an email address and doesn't use the Internet.

He turns 70 next week and has watched City for 60 years.

I have a phone that is six years old and don't even take it to matches, because I refuse to be wedded to the fucking thing.

My 13 year old doesn't have a smart phone.

They are the reason the world is now churning out a society of obese kids and adults with an additional limb they cannot do without.

I'm sure City will be quite happy to still accept cash and direct debit cards at their bars and store...

I've had to cut right back this year, got rid of sky, gym memberships, froze my pension, even.

I've really missed the football and going with my dad and son. Wasn't going to renew last year but had come around to thinking would take on a bit of debt to facilitate it.

If mobiles are now pre-requisite, don't think I will bother, as essentially I shouldn't have to contemplate paying hundreds more out on phones to watch bloody City.

They have moved my seat, forced me to park even further away from the ground in recent years.

I am City fan, nobody is forced to jump through these hoops, yet these hoops do exist.
It won’t be mandatory to use your phone, alternative methods are to be offered as per the club statement

Fuck me, where to begin?

Do you really think E Ticketing is a technical advance? We’ve all got on a plane or a ship with an E ticket. What we’re talking about is a system piloted once by City that had issues. A system replacing something that wasn’t broken. A system that will likely stop you giving your ticket that you’ve paid for to a mate who normally can’t afford to go if you can’t make it yourself.

Let me try to explain it to you in the only way you understand, how it effects you. Going by the pilot, lots of people will have issues scanning from their phones. That means you will be delayed getting into the ground. That means you might miss the first 15 minutes. That means you will spend half time telling the over 70’s they’re not welcome because they’re not as tech savvy as you rather than doing it before the game starts.
Kick a few of the old git’s over on the way out. The world won’t wait for them.

“Going by the pilot” being the important phrase here. A pilot is used to find the problems so they can be ironed out. The club had no intention of “kicking old gits” but if they manage to get rid of you, you can try supporting that superb club in Salford that gets everything right

Last edited:
That's not the issue, people have different circumstances.

My dad doesn't have a smart phone, he doesn't have an email address and doesn't use the Internet.

He turns 70 next week and has watched City for 60 years.

I have a phone that is six years old and don't even take it to matches, because I refuse to be wedded to the fucking thing.

My 13 year old doesn't have a smart phone.

They are the reason the world is now churning out a society of obese kids and adults with an additional limb they cannot do without.

I'm sure City will be quite happy to still accept cash and direct debit cards at their bars and store...

I've had to cut right back this year, got rid of sky, gym memberships, froze my pension, even.

I've really missed the football and going with my dad and son. Wasn't going to renew last year but had come around to thinking would take on a bit of debt to facilitate it.

If mobiles are now pre-requisite, don't think I will bother, as essentially I shouldn't have to contemplate paying hundreds more out on phones to watch bloody City.

They have moved my seat, forced me to park even further away from the ground in recent years.

I am City fan, nobody is forced to jump through these hoops, yet these hoops do exist.

I think they’ve said that there will be other options. There will have to be simply because you will not be the only one with these issues. City want you to go to matches - let’s wait & see before we criticise them for something that might not be the case

Is it just me who can’t find any info about renewals on City’s website? I click on it but it says ERROR NO SUBSCRIPTIONS TO RENEW
Anyone post a link to the info on the website? Cheers

Tuesday is the day to try

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.