Seasoncard - 2021/22

The Club already started to address this with the 5% away tickets for younger fans (in addition to youngsters who obtain tickets through Supporters Clubs, family corporate tickets and some youths with high points). There was a lot of criticism from the points puritans but I thought it was a good move.
5% just pays lip service to the problem though, we need to do a lot more. It was striking in those pictures of the inflatable craze just how much younger our fan base was back then. That kind of spontaneous fun couldn’t happen now with all the oldies hogging away tickets.

5% just pays lip service to the problem though, we need to do a lot more. It was striking in those pictures of the inflatable craze just how much younger our fan base was back then. That kind of spontaneous fun couldn’t happen now with all the oldies hogging away tickets.
It should be higher and it is when ticket sales go to low points.

Atmosphere never been problem at away games.
The oldies do alright away from home.
If only the young ones got their act together at the home games.

Give it a fucking rest, you only joined the site 2 months ago, and you come on slaging oldies (your word) off that have done the Miles in Europe and away in this country because you think its not fair and now it should be your turn, FFS

Last edited:
Give it a fucking rest
Nah I won’t, it needs saying. Atmosphere is what’s been missing from football during the pandemic, old people aren’t as passionate or boisterous or loud as younger people and so a crowd made up of predominantly older people will not create the same atmosphere.

Bow out gracefully, give others a chance.

Nah I won’t, it needs saying. Atmosphere is what’s been missing from football during the pandemic, old people aren’t as passionate or boisterous or loud as younger people and so a crowd made up of predominantly older people will not create the same atmosphere.

Bow out gracefully, give others a chance.
How old are you? a chance to what spend most of the game throwing beer about on the concourse? letting smoke bombs off, getting coked up in the bogs, fighting with each other. Atmosphere missing during the pandemic? err couldn't that have something to do with there not being any supporters in the grounds, the mind fucking boggles

Last edited:
Fits pretty much my position.

I actually reckon City have spectacularly failed to understand current feelings, and consequently had no idea how many would want to defer. As such, they are now dealing with a situation where we could have (assuming full attendance being allowed) approx 30k seats a week that they are trying to shift through general sales.

Plus, someone like me who wants to relocate and join with someone else’s 2 seats to make a 4, can’t actually do it due to the amount of deferrals.

Shitshow in the extreme.
There's absolutely no way in this world that City will be able to shift 30k seats on general sale for every game at £50 a pop to home supporters.
The pricing is wrong. It's aimed at better off supporters... That's why we've gathered so many FOCs like me over the years.

Part of the problem (if there are large numbers of people deferring) is people hogging seats who don't really enjoy going to the game. It would be better for these fans to give up their tickets so that more families can sit together in the ground and we would probably have more people who stay to the final whistle.

Customer services has become a nightmare due in no small part to senior managers promising a range of services that is beyond the capacity of our Supporter Services team. I thought we were getting a very good service up until recent months before mobile tickets, independents first ticket bookings and season card deferral complexities. The old adage keep it simple stupid (KISS) should apply.
Great post Tim.

Pretty much 'nail on the head' imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.