Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

Just checked the various announcements for next season:
  • Rags & Chelsea frozen (and both have been for quite a few seasons),
  • Liverpool frozen,
  • Everton frozen or reduced,
  • Spurs are moving to Wembley of course but prices will be lower than at WHL,
  • Arsenal haven't formally announced yet but did promise they wouldn't be increased.

Someone at City must have been mad to increase when there was absolutely no need. It is not the money it is the principle.

I've gone back to the £299 Value Gold Seasoncard. I had my first Seasoncard for 25 years 2015-16 at this price/level, It was a great Seat, East Stand, Level 3, but went up £700 (normal price) this Season, on top of train tickets from London (that's where I re-located to all those years ago) was making this all mighty expensive - trains prices at end of 2016 & early 2017 for matches were £70 return due to game re-arrangements for Tv...

Not that bothered about where I sit - I come up to Manchester in time to meet up with 'old mates' I've known since Maine Road in the early 90's, and 'new 'old' mates' for a beer, walk to the ground with them, go to my seat, meet up at Half Time (some mates were in East Stand Level 3, as I was), meet up after match at ground, walk back to town, maybe time for a beer, before the train... I don't need to sit next to them at the match, the people I sit next to in 308 are great, but no great shakes if I move... £299 Value Gold is a no brainer... Happy with that - Thankyou City for making life a bit cheaper/easier

I went back to the £299 Value Gold Seasoncard ( I had my first Seasoncard for 25 years 2015-16 at this price/level) It was a great Seat, East Stand, Level 3, but £700 this Season, on top of train tickets from London (that's where I re-located to all those years ago) was making this all mighty expensive - trains prices at end of 2016 & early 2017 for matches were £70 return due to game re-arrangements for Tv...

Not that bothered about where I sit - I come up to Manchester in time to meet up with 'old mates' I've known since Maine Road in the early 90's, and 'new 'old' mates' for a beer, walk to the ground with them, go to my seat, meet up at Half Time (some mates were in East Stand Level 3, as I was), meet up after match at ground, walk back to town, maybe time for a beer, before the train... I don't need to sit next to them at the match, the peole I sit next to in 308 are great, but no great shakes if I move... £299 Value Gold is a no brainer... Happy with that - Thankyou City for making life a bot cheaper/easier
Great to see the value gold return, I would definitely consider in the future, only problem with it for me is I cant buy them for my son and me to sit together, defeats the object of filling single seats up I suppose.

They've even increased the car park season ticket prices.

My personal protest is to drop the league cup scheme and vow never to purchase food or drink in the stadium again.

I think the club have been short-sighted on this one!

Judging by the reaction on here, and the bailing out of the cup schemes, the 2% rise is going to look absolutely peanuts compared to the money City will lose.

There will be a few glum faces and sweating brows in the boardroom over the coming weeks as the loss in revenue from the supporters protest finally starts to sink in.

LET'S HOPE THIS ACTION BY THE FANS WILL FINALLY SINK IN WITH THOSE RUNNING THE CLUB. BECAUSE IF THEY TRY IT AGAIN THE SEASON AFTER NEXT, THEN THIS SEASONS CUP SCHEME PROTEST WILL BE NOTHING IN COMPARISON TO WHAT'S TO COME IN THE FUTURE.

Last edited:
Went to Gold two seasons ago, now gone to ten direct debit payments when I use to pay all in one go.

Sacked off all the cup schemes two seasons ago as night matches are a pain when you rely on Metrolink, and losing at home to Wigan then Boro in the FA Cup made me lose interest in that competition.

The Club must actually be losing money prior to the new season with people downgrading from Platinum, not signing up for Cup Schemes or packing it in all together.

Exactly the same, renewed but dropped all cup scheme's. I've heard rumours that street parking is going to be a pain in the backside next year. So will have to stop going if this happens as public transport is a pile of shite (not blaming city for that part)
MCFC should and could do more about the terrible transport system and infrastructure to and from the stadium. They do after all contribute a not inconsiderable amount of money into the council coffers.

When I have complained to them about the Metrolink service, overcrowding and lack of trams especially after a game they have just sent a courtesy reply. Frankly they do not give a toss how difficult it is for the ordinary punter to travel to and from the games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.