Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

It's not difficult to grasp but my position, which no doubt will rile many can be summed up by the attitude of "what do you expect". It's not just City that has moved on in the last 10 years, football, in particular the EPL has. Its a business and we cannot push it backwards to pre Premier league. The United fans who set up UMFC tried but as they progress up the league's they have inevitably had to invoke sound business practices. City cannot be managed for the fans any longer and campaigning against a defendable 2% runs the risk of not being taken seriously over more significant changes.

Well then state your position rather than write provoking posts suggesting fans are getting upset about something a 2 percent season ticket rise. Which myself like others have noted.

In fairness a lot of clubs have reduced season or retained the same season ticket prices, and Liverpool have influenced prices directly at Anfield so it's not inevitable prices have to go up.

Yep 50% of every premier ground have season tickets of £250 enforced or premier money will be withheld.
Because without fans and exciting atmospheres the game will,be far less appears to tv companies and advertisers

It's not difficult to grasp but my position, which no doubt will rile many can be summed up by the attitude of "what do you expect". It's not just City that has moved on in the last 10 years, football, in particular the EPL has. Its a business and we cannot push it backwards to pre Premier league. The United fans who set up UMFC tried but as they progress up the league's they have inevitably had to invoke sound business practices. City cannot be managed for the fans any longer and campaigning against a defendable 2% runs the risk of not being taken seriously over more significant changes.

no one anywhere has put that or thinks that. btw if we had frozen prices do you think thats what would have happened ?, would the club just fall apart and wed be shit again ? no idea why your bringing up fc united either. a very bizarre post.

"what do you expect" near enough every club has frozen or even reduced season ticket prices. tv revenue is the biggest its ever been. i expect no increase in prices. as its isn't justified in any way at all.

Those moaning about 'the moaners' get a fucking grip.

Assuming you don't do every game home & away, EDS.... at some point you have drawn a line as to what to go to be it through money, family, being that arsed etc

I've gone from 60% away and reserve games and am now after moving to cheaper seats and ditching Platinum, never ever belittle blues who care, I could hazard a guess the self righteous tend to piss off on 80 minutes as they fall into the 'I've paid so I can do what I want bracket'

The club are taking the piss just take out our fines for incompetence and with the ditching of the blind robbery of Platinum and cup schemes its a loss overall but I'm sure someone somewhere has hit a target and ticked a box as the 'drop outs' are in a different pot so don't count.

Grrrrrrr.

I sit in the 9320 and will be doing so for the 3rd year in a row. I enjoy sitting their after relocating with my son.

Yes it's expensive - No I don't agree with the price rise. Mine has gone up by £50 and my sons by £30 but it's my choice where I sit.

Just agree like everyone says that with TV revenue, sponsorship and cooperate income you could have frozen season tickets.

I still support city and will be cheering them home & away.

Just win some silverware next season

I would have empathy if they were not getting outraged at an increas that is less than a very short night out at the pub, a couple of packs of ciggies or a present for the girlfriend from B & M.
Yeah but it happens every year. What happens when doing something else with your hard earned cash becomes more important than city ? Football is becoming more like a luxury these days. I will renew but I'm feeling more and more detached as the seasons roll on.

And nobody will take my seat if I don't renew. I have 5 empty seats in the row in front of me near enough every game. People leave with 10 mins to go. People really aren't that arsed about attending anymore

1 interesting point that my Mrs brought up this evening when we were talking about today's atmosphere and the atmosphere in general. It hasn't been mentioned yet. I think?

With all the corporate areas being developed around the stadium, and all the fans scrambling around to find cheaper seats, the relationship and bond, including singing amongst fans, has been destroyed. It takes season's to build up such things, with fans next to you, in the same rows, and in the same blocks.

When we first moved to the Etihad the atmosphere was dead. It took a few years, but it eventually improved. Then the NS was turned into a family stand and everyone in the NS was split up. Then level 2 in the East stand was turned into corporate and fans were priced out. Then the club introduced tiered blocks. Fans were moving about again to save money. Then the SS was expanded and £299 season tickets were brought in. Fans moved again. Now the club has reintroduced value gold again and a 2.5% season ticket price rise, and fans are once again looking to move around the Etihad to try and save money.

What we need is stability. We need fans to finally stay where they are. Fans need to once again build up a friendship and a relationship with the fans around them. This wil once again give fans the confidence to sing and to support the team with fellow fans they've become to know, rather than feeling unsure about fans the don't know, and have yet to build a friendship and relationship with.

What do you think?

1 interesting point that my Mrs brought up this evening when we were talking about today's atmosphere and the atmosphere in general. It hasn't been mentioned yet. I think?

With all the corporate areas being developed around the stadium, and all the fans scrambling around to find cheaper seats, the relationship and bond, including singing amongst fans, has been destroyed. It takes season's to build up such things, with fans next to you, in the same rows, and in the same blocks.

When we first moved to the Etihad the atmosphere was dead. It took a few years, but it eventually improved. Then the NS was turned into a family stand and everyone in the NS was split up. Then level 2 in the East stand was turned into corporate and fans were priced out. Then the club introduced tiered blocks. Fans were moving about again to save money. Then the SS was expanded and £299 season tickets were brought in. Fans moved again. Now the club has reintroduced value gold again and a 2.5% season ticket price rise, and fans are once again looking to move around the Etihad to try and save money.

What we need is stability. We need fans to finally stay where they are. Fans need to once again build up a friendship and a relationship with the fans around them. This wil once again give fans the confidence to sing and to support the team with fellow fans theybecome to know, rather than feeling unsure about fans the don't know, and have yet to build a friendship and relationship with.

What do you think?
You're right but we have people running our club that just see pound signs rather than decibels. We complained at Points of Blue about splitting the most vocal fans in 110/111 and the South Stand but were told it was crucial that they had a "sterile zone" outside the stadium for away fans. Well now we've got a "sterile zone" inside the stadium for home fans. They were told about the negative effect of sticking corporate areas in the middle of the South Stand and did it anyway.

They're a bunch of utter wankers who don't think like we do and for who their revenue optimisation model is the driving force.

Think the empty seats today was mainly no shows we sold 54.157 tickets

Waspish.

Neither of us have got any proof of how many tickets were sold today.

But seriously, we can't keep on using the no show excuses.

The empty seats have been constant throughout this season. That isn't no shows.

Matchday ticket pricing, not season ticket pricing, is having a negative effect on our attendances.

We've apparently got 1000's of fans on the season ticket waiting list, but they won't pay for expensive matchday tickets, even with Pep in-charge and some of the best footballers in the world.

The bars were rammed today. Just a £5 or £10 reduction in matchday ticket prices could be offset by fans buying drinks and food. Maybe not, but it's better than empty seats all over the stadium.

Sorry, I just don't get it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.