Seasoncard Renewals | Slight Price Increase

100% agree - the silvers look ok. Take away 35 quid from the price as well and it’s a decent fit for many. The games covered are much more likely to be 3pm on Saturdays and this suits a lot of fans, they are economical, they allow people to upgrade to the big games if they want/can afford to. It suits the club as it will improve gates at lesser profile games and allow them to grow the fan base and make more money. As long as the right to gold season cards is preferentially applied to those with silver cards then I don’t see much wrong with it.

Questions answered by City (privately) re: the Silver Seasoncards going on sale on Tuesday:

Q. Will Cityzen membership still be required for the remaining five games?

A. You will not require a Cityzens Membership to acquire these tickets, as you will have a priority window to purchase your seat, before it goes to Cityzens and then onto General Sale.

Q. Can Silver be upgraded to Gold next season?

A. We are still waiting for confirmation as to if you will be able to upgrade to a gold/platinum for the following season. No decision has been made yet on next season but as of now this is the only offering.

Q. Will Cityzen memberships get refunded as they do when a Cityzen member buys Gold?

A. Yes, the Cityzens membership will be refunded when you purchase a season ticket.

Q. Any chance of Gold this season? Last year there was a first window in early July but also a second window in early August, any chance of that this season?

A. There will not be any Gold season tickets available for next season.

Questions answered by City (privately) re: the Silver Seasoncards going on sale on Tuesday:

Q. Will Cityzen membership still be required for the remaining five games?

A. You will not require a Cityzens Membership to acquire these tickets, as you will have a priority window to purchase your seat, before it goes to Cityzens and then onto General Sale.

Q. Can Silver be upgraded to Gold next season?

A. We are still waiting for confirmation as to if you will be able to upgrade to a gold/platinum for the following season. No decision has been made yet on next season but as of now this is the only offering.

Q. Will Cityzen memberships get refunded as they do when a Cityzen member buys Gold?

A. Yes, the Cityzens membership will be refunded when you purchase a season ticket.

Q. Any chance of Gold this season? Last year there was a first window in early July but also a second window in early August, any chance of that this season?

A. There will not be any Gold season tickets available for next season.
As a FOC seasoncard holder I’m not affected but I can see a situation whereby Gold/Platinum SCs will never be offered to new people again. That would be done by not offering any that aren’t renewed and you will have a de facto two tier system in the future.

Last edited:
100% agree - the silvers look ok. Take away 35 quid from the price as well and it’s a decent fit for many. The games covered are much more likely to be 3pm on Saturdays and this suits a lot of fans, they are economical, they allow people to upgrade to the big games if they want/can afford to. It suits the club as it will improve gates at lesser profile games and allow them to grow the fan base and make more money. As long as the right to gold season cards is preferentially applied to those with silver cards then I don’t see much wrong with it.

Yeah this makes sense of it tbf, especially saving the 35 membership, then for a junior SSL3 I’ll effectively be paying £65 for 14 matches. Obviously will then have to top up the rest.

I think going forward Silver Seasoncards would sit in between Cityzen memberships and regular (Gold/Platinum) Seasoncards ... Last season big games were ONLY available to Cityzen members and never went to general sale, this criteria will only increase going forward ... and to get Gold Seasoncards you would now have to get Silvers first after being Cityzen members ...

General Sales >> Cityzen Members >> Silver Seasoncards >> Gold/Platinum Seasoncards

And I think the price for those big 5 games are likely to go even higher as now Silvers would be offered that first and logically they'd have to have like a £5 discount than Cityzens pricing, which already is £5 less than general sale price, so that added layer means a price increase of £5-10 is likely ... won't be surprised if they're priced at £65-70 for Silvers, then Cityzens get it for £70-75 and general sale pricing goes to £75-80 ... although it'll never go to general sale and the only way to get them is to get a Cityzen membership for £35 first AND hope that they're still available once Silvers have picked off first.

Been a member since 2000 and a season card holder for over 10 years before cancelling last year (rash decision admittedly) over anger due to super league debacle, digital tickets, vaccine passports etc. I’ve followed the club home and away over the years and built up a decent amount of points but yet someone who became a citizen before 9th June as got as much chance of me as getting lucky Tuesday, never right. Ended up going to a few games towards back end of season with my lad and he’s really got the bug for it now so was hoping to get us both gold memberships but looks like we’ll be getting silver now, if it was just me I wouldn’t bother but like I say want to do it for my lad. The silver ticket was sold originally as an affordable option for those who couldn’t pay the ridiculous prices for a proper season card and I thought it was a great initiative from the club, how naive was I as todays announcement just proves it’s actually all about money yet again as they know they’ll earn more from selling separate tickets for games against the ‘big six’ this isn’t the Manchester City I grew up supporting, we’re just customers to the hierarchy and nothing else. Let’s hope they can be upgraded next season!
If you gave up your season ticket why should you get first dibs on a new one? And if your lad has “really got the bug” he’d love the guaranteed 14 games the silver card brings. Not as good as a gold card but still great for any kid starting out on their season card journey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.