Seasoncard Renewals | Slight Price Increase

Vertically everyone has said that income generation is part of the reasoning.

The one person who would know on here has said it’s an experiment.
And I pointed out in my post why I feel that not offering full SCs is a very strange way of experimenting. Any thoughts on why you can only buy Silver and there is no option to buy a full SC for the forthcoming season?

I also feel that CM reps have never been told exactly what the clubs commercial strategy is at any point.

It's all about opinions and mine (as a SC holder) is that the club have been extremely duplicitous over this.

There’s some justifiable unrest on here over this Silver thing being the only option for non renewable season tickets next season.

But I’m struggling to understand what your problem is here? You put the ticket up knowing the only two outcomes were you either get £16 for it or you got nothing. And you got £16. Not sure why you’re bothered how much the next guy paid for it ?
It links to what they are doing here. Instead of letting your normal fan attend them extra 5 games. They’d rather a tourist come in and spend hundreds more. If you don’t mind our club caring more about tourists than actual fans then that’s up to you

Reactions: PPT
And I pointed out in my post why I feel that not offering full SCs is a very strange way of experimenting. Any thoughts on why you can only buy Silver and there is no option to buy a full SC for the forthcoming season?

I also feel that CM reps have never been told exactly what the clubs commercial strategy is at any point.

It's all about opinions and mine (as a SC holder) is that the club have been extremely duplicitous over this.
Yes all about options and not really for or against the Silver cards.

I’ve got no axe to grind with the Club’s administrators but recognise they do use information / survey results in a selective way. I remember when we were surveyed asking if the Club should do more to encourage younger fans and families. Many of us agreed, naturally, and then we had to leave the North Stand lol.

Likewise, focus groups etc will have been asked about ticket bundles and said they were a good idea eg thinking of shift workers and fans travelling long distances. We then get offered Silver Season cards. My preference would have been for the Club to do something for fans who make every game but that’s just how I see it,

I’m interested in solutions so would advise anybody looking for help to join their local OSC Branch. Plenty of members can’t make every game so make their tickets available cheaply. A very limited number of value good season cards have been made available in the past to.

It’s a commercial business as has already been stated so TV will take priority. I am going to try and get one of these Silver S-T but Monday night matches in the middle of Winter will probably be avoided. If I open the front door and see freezing fog with the prospect of a 2 hour drive down country lanes and then a motorway drive it’s going to be an about turn and watch it at home on the Tele. For all I know it may be clear by the end of the Lane but not willing to take that chance. No chance of giving it away at short notice so I am afraid the seat stays empty.
Halfmist by name Halfmissed by nature :)

Halfmist by name Halfmissed by nature :)
Please expand. What’s your problem, are you saying I am not worthy of a S-T because I don’t give 100% unyielding devotion to the Club and I should turn up for every match come what may. For the record, the Club are not my no 1 priority, I have many interesting things going on in my life. I am also not their number I priority, never have been, never will be. I had my reality check about that many many years ago.It seems to suit us both so what’s your problem.

It links to what they are doing here. Instead of letting your normal fan attend them extra 5 games. They’d rather a tourist come in and spend hundreds more. If you don’t mind our club caring more about tourists than actual fans then that’s up to you
The moneys gone in to the Club coffers not to a ticket tout. They have converted £16 in to £200. Sounds like a good deal to me, sorry. Sounds all the more reason to be happy that his ticket only cost him £16 and the guy next door forked out £200 notes. If it had been the other way round he would have been really pissed off. You know, like when you sit next to someone on the aircraft who paid a fraction of what you paid for yours. It’s all about supply and demand.

The moneys gone in to the Club coffers not to a ticket tout. They have converted £16 in to £200. Sounds like a good deal to me, sorry. Sounds all the more reason to be happy that the ticket only cost him £16. If it had been the other way round he would have been really pissed off. You know, like when you sit next to someone on the aircraft who paid a fraction of what you paid for yours. It’s all about supply and demand.
Had he of sold it for £200 and the club knew he’d no doubt be banned. Again if you’re happier that a normal fan who would have gone for 20-30 quid can’t then go, so a tourist can go and a couple of hundred quid goes to city then it says more about you than anything else. Yes it’s a business, that doesn’t make it nice or acceptable that city don’t give a shite about the fans

I wonder if the club reached a threshold regarding percentage of season tickets allowed after the return of deferred supporters? whether that’s a PL rule or one the club itself likes to adhere to, thus avoiding any crossover/impact with packages etc. They couldn’t offer nothing as they’d of rendered memberships useless (which may still happen) so this seems like a compromise as well as a bit of an experiment. My guess is they’ve took in plenty of £35’s and they’re looking to pacify those people with an ‘opportunity’ to buy tickets. My hope is they facilitate a large amount of silver season cards to keep supporters happy, but leave enough on sale for those that can only attend a few games per season, finding the right balance will decide whether this scheme is a success

The moneys gone in to the Club coffers not to a ticket tout. They have converted £16 in to £200. Sounds like a good deal to me, sorry. Sounds all the more reason to be happy that his ticket only cost him £16 and the guy next door forked out £200 notes. If it had been the other way round he would have been really pissed off. You know, like when you sit next to someone on the aircraft who paid a fraction of what you paid for yours. It’s all about supply and demand.
Those type of transactions are paying for Value Gold season cards.

perhaps the asian guy,£200 was nowt to him as a visitor and wanted to go
unlike a local who is skint

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.