Seat Counters - 2022/23

About 7300 left, and we will get an additional 2000 or so, so plenty to go at yet, amazed how many season ticket holders don’t have the motivation to get down to wembley
I’m the opposite - I can’t believe so many still have the motivation, it’s a joke they continue to play this fixture there. I know I t’s been said many times, but they should move the semis and Community Shield to other neutral grounds - not only would they be more of a showpiece but the Carabao and FA Cup final would be more of an occasion.

I’m the opposite - I can’t believe so many still have the motivation, it’s a joke they continue to play this fixture there. I know I t’s been said many times, but they should move the semis and Community Shield to other neutral grounds - not only would they be more of a showpiece but the Carabao and FA Cup final would be more of an occasion.
I've even questioned the need to have neutral semi-finals. Nobody has given me an adequate explanation as to why this should continue. Like replays, people just seem to cling to an unloved tradition for the sake of it. I'd have been quite happy for this game to take place at the Etihad or Bramall Lane. I really don't know why people are wedded to the idea of neutral semi-finals. In 2021, we played a one-off League Cup semi-final at Old Trafford and, whilst behind closed doors, nobody suffered from the fact United had home advantage.

About 7300 left, and we will get an additional 2000 or so, so plenty to go at yet, amazed how many season ticket holders don’t have the motivation to get down to wembley
are you going Southampton away tomorrow?
Or Munich away 48 hours before this game?
Or Fulham away the week after wembley?

maybe consider that fans have to pick & chose games, and for most this will be at the bottom of the pecking order considering it’s a semi-final, and we’ve been over 20 times in the past 12 years.

I've even questioned the need to have neutral semi-finals. Nobody has given me an adequate explanation as to why this should continue. Like replays, people just seem to cling to an unloved tradition for the sake of it. I'd have been quite happy for this game to take place at the Etihad or Bramall Lane. I really don't know why people are wedded to the idea of neutral semi-finals. In 2021, we played a one-off League Cup semi-final at Old Trafford and, whilst behind closed doors, nobody suffered from the fact United had home advantage.
It's about the traditions that helped raise the status of the FA cup into one of the most respected club competitions in the world. The competition is barely relevant to most Premier League teams. Depending on who you are the top 4 cup and 17th place are now bigger achievements than the FA Cup.

maybe consider that fans have to pick & chose games, and for most this will be at the bottom of the pecking order considering it’s a semi-final, and we’ve been over 20 times in the past 12 years.
I agree with you but that still only accounts for about 4 or 5k of the season ticket holders. I'll get back from Munich about midnight on the Thursday and set off to Wembley at 8am on the Saturday morning. Couldn't afford Southampton and Fulham as well but as a season ticket holder I couldn't imagine not going to Wembley.

Yes, there are literally thousands of season ticket holders who rarely do an away game

FA Cup Semi Final lower in the pecking order than away League games at Southampton and Fulham!

Wow, absolute wow!

So it's not just Managers and the Authorities that have a low opinion of the FA Cup.

I agree with you but that still only accounts for about 4 or 5k of the season ticket holders. I'll get back from Munich about midnight on the Thursday and set off to Wembley at 8am on the Saturday morning. Couldn't afford Southampton and Fulham as well but as a season ticket holder I couldn't imagine not going to Wembley.
Yeah like I said it’s all about what you deem a priority, personally myself I’ll get more enjoyment going to the domestic league aways than a semi at Wembley when we’ll be likely going back there at the end of May anyway.

Each to their own & I’m not criticising but certain city fans every season take pleasure out of undermining other blues for not going to a wembley semi like it’s the only game scheduled we have to worry about.

FA Cup Semi Final lower in the pecking order than away League games at Southampton and Fulham!

Wow, absolute wow!

So it's not just Managers and the Authorities that have a low opinion of the FA Cup.
I will never get tired of watching City at Wembley and will be delighted if we win another FA Cup, preferably by beating United in the Final. It is sad that some of our supporters take these sort of moments for granted. When Pep leaves they will become much rarer events.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.