Seat Counters - 2022/23

Maybe City should announce that, should we get through to the final, preference for tickets will be given to those who attended the semi.
We should also remember that a few days before wembley we're taking nearly 4000 fans to Munich.
With the hotel prices being much more than normal due to other events in Munich at the same time.
Some of them fans are having to give the Wembley semi a miss. Only right they have the same chance of a final ticket as everyone else if we get there.

It's about the traditions that helped raise the status of the FA cup into one of the most respected club competitions in the world. The competition is barely relevant to most Premier League teams. Depending on who you are the top 4 cup and 17th place are now bigger achievements than the FA Cup.
Financial imperatives have sadly taken over, for both the clubs and the fans. The FA Cup was always the biggest of all up until the Match Of The Day era. It was then the equal of the league up until the early 90s, when it lost a lot of prestige for a variety of reasons.

Unfortunately times change and nobody would have been happy with a replay at Stamford Bridge back in mid-January. With TV saturation of football, I can see why few are happy with two Wembley occasions only four weeks apart. I think streamlining the competition so that there are no replays and no neutral semi-finals would go a long way to restoring the glamour of the competition and the final. I'm also someone who thinks that the FA Cup should be the only domestic cup competition in this day and age. Sometimes less is more. I appreciate my views are unpopular, but only one cup with no replays and no neutral semi-finals would restore the glory of the FA Cup final.

2710 currently showing so over 400 shifted since first thing this morning. The 2 blocks in level 5 that went on sale yesterday are steadily reducing in number. The problem with the other unreleased blocks - unlike the 2 that went on sale yesterday - is that I don’t think there are any £30 tickets in them. They’re all £45 and £65 so will be a harder sell should any go on sale.

Edit - Block 522 looks like it has some £30 tickets

2710 currently showing so over 400 shifted since first thing this morning. The 2 blocks in level 5 that went on sale yesterday are steadily reducing in number. The problem with the other unreleased blocks - unlike the 2 that went on sale yesterday - is that I don’t think there are any £30 tickets in them. They’re all £45 and £65 so will be a harder sell should any go on sale.

Edit - Block 522 looks like it has some £30 tickets
fantastic effort looks like we should get at least 30,000. What a fantastic couple of months we have ahead of us. What a great time to be a blue.

Time for general sale I reckon. Most of the blocks behind the goal in the lower and upper tiers have very few seats left so shouldn't affect the atmosphere too much. And there's never quite as much atmosphere in the side blocks anyway so it's not too bad if we have a few neutrals there to make up the numbers.

There are always going to be neutrals at a game like this, they may as well make up numbers in our end rather than theirs.

Maybe City should announce that, should we get through to the final, preference for tickets will be given to those who attended the semi.

If money was no object I'm sure many would go to both. I think the criteria is down to just one game now? You can't have people that have attended 2 games getting preference over longstanding season ticket holders for the final. Potentially a very unique all Manchester final at that. I get what you're saying but not this game. No way.

Maybe a window for non-season ticket holders before general sale? But then you could still have Cityzens members with thousands of points potentially missing out to somebody whose only been to 2 games.

What would the allocation be for the final? If both us and the rags progress I'd imagine almost every season ticket holder would want one and there being limited availability... if at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.