Seat Counters - 2022/23

Those LiVARpool prices especially or young adults and children are far better than ours. Like us they too have world class players and an exciting team (most of the time).
Again, where are the City Matters reps and the supporters club complaining about these prices? Foot ball is cyclical, once Pep leaves there is no guarantee we will be serial trophy winners and we will not attract fans (especially local) with such high prices.
Their prices are miles better. Admittedly I don’t think they have some of the value season tickets we do and I think we get cheaper cup tickets generally, but they also have a scheme where any adult with an L postcode can apply for £9 tickets as well. City get ticketing so get wrong.

I’ve banged this drum about kids tickets. It’s £40 minimum to take a kid to the Spurs game, when Liverpool charge £9. That is an absolute disgrace and anybody involved in setting that price, or anybody who comes on here trying to justify it should hang their heads in shame.
I work at a school in Wythenshawe. There are shit loads of kids who are City fans at the school but lots of them tell me they don’t go to games even though they’d like to, because of the cost. I’ve had it where a kid was in awe with me having a season ticket on my phone and he said ‘you must be loaded’!

My mates only really take their kids to early round domestic Cup games. Rarely to Prem games.

There’s no reason why any football ticket outside the corporate areas are more expensive than £30 for adults and £15 for children, at any ground the in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work at a school in Wythenshawe. There are shit loads of kids who are City fans at the school but lots of them tell me they don’t go to games even though they’d like to, because of the cost

My mates only really take their kids to early round domestic Cup games. Rarely to Prem games.

There’s no reason why any football ticket outside the corporate areas are more expensive than £30 for adults and £15 for children, at any ground the in the country.

It’s such a such a short term view, decisions being made by people who don’t particularly care about what happens to the club after they have left. If we’d simply price tickets realistically for the supporters of the future we could extend the stadium to whatever capacity you wanted and it wouldn’t be too big.

It’s such a such a short term view, decisions being made by people who don’t particularly care about what happens to the club after they have left. If we’d simply price tickets realistically for the supporters of the future we could extend the stadium to whatever capacity you wanted and it wouldn’t be too big.
I’ve maintained that just from our local support alone we could pack out a 65,000 stadium every game, if ticketing was done properly, at proper prices so local families and groups of lads could all come to games regularly. And we would have no problem with our atmosphere if we did that!

That’s not even taking into account any other fans we have from anywhere else. Add them in n’all and we could have a stadium the size of Maine Road when it was first built and not have problem… United could easily have a 100k stadium.

English stadiums only being the size they are shows that clubs are still stuck in the past, lack ambition and imagination, and most of all don’t understand their fanbases or citizens from the cities they’re in. Clubs need to all get together and sorted their fucking heads out around this.

A couple of points about Spurs tickets (and pricing in general).

The reason we charge so much for match-day tickets is that we have the highest percentage of season card holders in the Premier League. Compared to the likes of Liverpool (who have roughly 20k season card holders in a 55k seater stadium), we have around 35-40k. After you remove away fans' 3k allocation, we have roughly 10k tickets to shift for any one match, which means we can charge exorbitant prices because there will always be around 10k people who'll pay the stupid amounts. That's the reason why cup games are cheaper, there are far more tickets to shift.

If we had fewer season card holders (or a bigger stadium), we wouldn't sell 30k+ tickets at those prices so they'd have to be cheaper (or the club would have to take the empty seats on the chin).

My second point is that it isn't just the tickets that cost a lot of money. A pint inside the stadium is around £5. At United on the weekend, it was £3. If they are charging those rates, why can't we? Parking is what, £15? A tram ticket for one person would be over £5. We've had 10+ years of price rises compared to the rags whose tickets have been frozen. In Germany, tickets usually cost around £10-£20. Pints are usually subsidized by clubs (so they are cheaper than bars outside the ground). Public transport is included in the price of the ticket. You can easily take the family out (using efficient transport) with refreshments included and come back with change from £100.

Why do we accept a worse deal here? Where's the motivation to change things?

A couple of points about Spurs tickets (and pricing in general).

The reason we charge so much for match-day tickets is that we have the highest percentage of season card holders in the Premier League. Compared to the likes of Liverpool (who have roughly 20k season card holders in a 55k seater stadium), we have around 35-40k. After you remove away fans' 3k allocation, we have roughly 10k tickets to shift for any one match, which means we can charge exorbitant prices because there will always be around 10k people who'll pay the stupid amounts. That's the reason why cup games are cheaper, there are far more tickets to shift.

If we had fewer season card holders (or a bigger stadium), we wouldn't sell 30k+ tickets at those prices so they'd have to be cheaper (or the club would have to take the empty seats on the chin).

My second point is that it isn't just the tickets that cost a lot of money. A pint inside the stadium is around £5. At United on the weekend, it was £3. If they are charging those rates, why can't we? Parking is what, £15? A tram ticket for one person would be over £5. We've had 10+ years of price rises compared to the rags whose tickets have been frozen. In Germany, tickets usually cost around £10-£20. Pints are usually subsidized by clubs (so they are cheaper than bars outside the ground). Public transport is included in the price of the ticket. You can easily take the family out (using efficient transport) with refreshments included and come back with change from £100.

Why do we accept a worse deal here? Where's the motivation to change things?
We have no fan body to talk for us.

The Official Supporters Club is a misnomer. It's not a club, It’s a group of individual franchises mainly working in the interests of each individual franchise. It isn’t a proper body representing an overarching fanbase.

I’ve maintained that just from our local support alone we could pack out a 65,000 stadium every game, if ticketing was done properly, at proper prices so local families and groups of lads could all come to games regularly. And we would have no problem with our atmosphere if we did that!

That’s not even taking into account any other fans we have from anywhere else. Add them in n’all and we could have a stadium the size of Maine Road when it was first built and not have problem… United could easily have a 100k stadium.

English stadiums only being the size they are shows that clubs are still stuck in the past, lack ambition and imagination, and most of all don’t understand their fanbases or citizens from the cities they’re in. Clubs need to all get together and sorted their fucking heads out around this.
And even with all that you could probably syphon off circa 20% of the capacity for hospitality and charge whatever you want to make your additional margin.
Infuriating.

We have no fan body to talk for us.

The Official Supporters Club is a misnomer. It's not a club, It’s a group of individual franchises mainly working in the interests of each individual franchise. It isn’t a proper body representing an overarching fanbase.

Agree with this

As much as Liverpool fans are a bunch of dickheads, they have SoS that will challenge the club and arrange walk outs about ticket prices.

They even got rid of the points of blue here and replaced it with taking a dozen or so fans from niche groups (that they decided) on jollies and polling them for opinions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.