Seat Counters - 2022/23

I’ve maintained that just from our local support alone we could pack out a 65,000 stadium every game, if ticketing was done properly, at proper prices so local families and groups of lads could all come to games regularly. And we would have no problem with our atmosphere if we did that!

That’s not even taking into account any other fans we have from anywhere else. Add them in n’all and we could have a stadium the size of Maine Road when it was first built and not have problem… United could easily have a 100k stadium.

English stadiums only being the size they are shows that clubs are still stuck in the past, lack ambition and imagination, and most of all don’t understand their fanbases or citizens from the cities they’re in. Clubs need to all get together and sorted their fucking heads out around this.
Spot-on. The huge income from broadcast deals and global sponsorships means clubs can easily keep low prices for matchgoing fans. I think the TV contract should be ringfenced so that a portion of it has to be used to subsidise match-going supporters. It would improve atmospheres across the PL at a stroke. Matchday income is an increasingly small fraction of club revenues. It is just pure greed which forces prices up. I have no problem with corporate income but we also need bigger stadiums and more spaces for local less affluent fans. Bigger stadia could also lead to bigger away allocations for those clubs that need them. It would help football grow even more. Perhaps the day will come when overseas fans with virtual reality season tickets can help subsidise the local fans.

It’s ironic that kids tickets are cheaper to those with more disposable income.

I have three kids season tickets between my four kids - and they represent fantastic value. To the extent that they barely need used for half the games to still be good value (they are used by the way, I make sure of that).

Thing is, I can afford to splash out on season tickets. Compared to the fuel costs to come down from Edinburgh they’re nothing really. But I couldn’t afford those match day prices if we came without season tickets regularly. Or at least justify them to myself (or my other half when she looked at the bank statement).

Those kids prices sound like a poverty tax.

We have no fan body to talk for us.

The Official Supporters Club is a misnomer. It's not a club, It’s a group of individual franchises mainly working in the interests of each individual franchise. It isn’t a proper body representing an overarching fanbase.

100%. I’ve mentioned it before, no one is representing city fans.

The match day ticket prices we have are scandalous. Cup games are more expensive aswell. Why aren’t city matters or the supporters club saying anything on these issues?

I kinda hope there is lots of empty seats for this game and says something when it’s cheaper to go to United and Liverpool games.

To show what I mean about City and United’s stadiums being too small and ticketing, ticket pricing and the lack of understanding of local fanbase of both clubs.. did you know that the biggest supported club in Greater Manchester are all the other non-City+United clubs combined?!

City’s highest attendance last season was 53,400
United’s highest attendance last season 73,564
The combined highest attendances from last season of all the other Greater Manchester clubs is 75,034 (I went through every team’s highest attendances of last season and added them up, I went right down to the 9th tier, yes I am a sad bastard!).

Nobody is telling me there are more fans of all the other clubs combined than there are City or United fans in this conurbation!

Price tickets accordingly and City could easily have more local fans attending the Etihad than all the other local clubs, bar United, combined do. Never mind also the factoring in the non-local City fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
100%. I’ve mentioned it before, no one is representing city fans.

The match day ticket prices we have are scandalous. Cup games are more expensive aswell. Why aren’t city matters or the supporters club saying anything on these issues?

I kinda hope there is lots of empty seats for this game and says something when it’s cheaper to go to United and Liverpool games.
It's weird how we've gone from some early cup games for a 10er and kids for a quid 10 years or so ago to these silly prices today. We really are missing a trick with our next generation of local kids. Look after them instead of pandering to JCLs who are just here because they want to take pictures of Haaland and Grealish. They'll be gone soon as we falter.

It's weird how we've gone from some early cup games for a 10er and kids for a quid 10 years or so ago to these silly prices today. We really are missing a trick with our next generation of local kids. Look after them instead of pandering to JCLs who are just here because they want to take pictures of Haaland and Grealish. They'll be gone soon as we falter.
Fucking hell, on some Champions League nights it’s not even our players some of them are there to see.

When we’ve played Barça Madrid and Paris over the years, we’ve seen more dickheads near us in ESL1 getting excited and even falling over seats to take pictures of Messi CRonaldo Neymar and Mbappe warming up than we have over on the other side to see our lads.

It’s absolutely pathetic!

Remember that game Rooney scored for United (think it was that FA Cup game after the 1-6) and there was some twat in the home section with a beaming smile on his face taking a picture of Rooney celebrating?

A couple of points about Spurs tickets (and pricing in general).

The reason we charge so much for match-day tickets is that we have the highest percentage of season card holders in the Premier League. Compared to the likes of Liverpool (who have roughly 20k season card holders in a 55k seater stadium), we have around 35-40k. After you remove away fans' 3k allocation, we have roughly 10k tickets to shift for any one match, which means we can charge exorbitant prices because there will always be around 10k people who'll pay the stupid amounts. That's the reason why cup games are cheaper, there are far more tickets to shift.

If we had fewer season card holders (or a bigger stadium), we wouldn't sell 30k+ tickets at those prices so they'd have to be cheaper (or the club would have to take the empty seats on the chin).

My second point is that it isn't just the tickets that cost a lot of money. A pint inside the stadium is around £5. At United on the weekend, it was £3. If they are charging those rates, why can't we? Parking is what, £15? A tram ticket for one person would be over £5. We've had 10+ years of price rises compared to the rags whose tickets have been frozen. In Germany, tickets usually cost around £10-£20. Pints are usually subsidized by clubs (so they are cheaper than bars outside the ground). Public transport is included in the price of the ticket. You can easily take the family out (using efficient transport) with refreshments included and come back with change from £100.

Why do we accept a worse deal here? Where's the motivation to change things?

We accept a worse deal because we ( football fans in general ) are far more interested in banter, oneupmanship and general tribal rivalry, than ever speaking together.

So City charge a tenner and a quid for kids for an unattractive midweek cup game. And fans of other clubs don’t think, hang on, why are we paying £40 for an equivalent game? Their only thought is, let’s get on Twitter and take the piss that City have to sell tickets for a quid to shift them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.