Seat Counters - 2023/24

That’s why I added in the proviso match day members with thousands of points.

I do often wonder how many trips on average season ticket holders at City have made to Wembley in the last decade compared to season ticket holders at every other club. We’ll be miles clear and to sell 37,000 tickets for a semi final is an unbelievable effort. If these games were held up North these London clubs would get nowhere near selling out.
I agree. If it was held in the North i would take the mrs & daughters so that would be me + 3.
I would image that would be the same for thousands of City fans.
Would love to be at home with my feet up having my tea an hour after the game while 36,000 Chelsea fans are waiting to get out of the car park/waiting for trains

Looks like it's on sale to those who have been to 5 previous games and drops to anyone registered with a previous purchase history before the 15th March on Thursday, they'll sell out.
Yeah, they should do. However, having a look on their forum there are plenty of complaints about the sales process. Apparently a lot of ST holders have bought match tickets for friends and family in the past but many of those people they bought for don't have an account, let alone a purchase history, so will be excluded when it goes to all fans with a purchase history. I also note that they've got similar complaints to what we've had in the past about gaps between sales windows. Coventry only have 3 sales windows for this match currently - ST holders, then members with 50 loyalty points, then members with a purchase history. There's a full week between each sales window which is daft. Also, some fans are confused as to what constitutes a purchase history - some think that buying something from the souvenir shop qualifies! Yet surely it's ticket purchases. The feeling amongst some Coventry fans is that it will sell out one way or another but they'll probably have to let ST holders buy extra. Obviously they can't just put it on open sale as the local Rags will snap them up:

Yeah, they should do. However, having a look on their forum there are plenty of complaints about the sales process. Apparently a lot of ST holders have bought match tickets for friends and family in the past but many of those people they bought for don't have an account, let alone a purchase history, so will be excluded when it goes to all fans with a purchase history. I also note that they've got similar complaints to what we've had in the past about gaps between sales windows. Coventry only have 3 sales windows for this match currently - ST holders, then members with 50 loyalty points, then members with a purchase history. There's a full week between each sales window which is daft. Also, some fans are confused as to what constitutes a purchase history - some think that buying something from the souvenir shop qualifies! Yet surely it's ticket purchases. The feeling amongst some Coventry fans is that it will sell out one way or another but they'll probably have to let ST holders buy extra. Obviously they can't just put it on open sale as all the local Rags will snap them up:

Could end up with rags in the sky blue end if the criteria drops to near enough open sale, I'd consider purchase history to be a great black market tool.

There's some protection on that as it's members with a purchase history before 15th March so before the quarter-finals were played
Appreciate that but a very occasional game attendee could make a nice few quid with little effort and a even if they got a ban would they care?

Yeah, they should do. However, having a look on their forum there are plenty of complaints about the sales process. Apparently a lot of ST holders have bought match tickets for friends and family in the past but many of those people they bought for don't have an account, let alone a purchase history, so will be excluded when it goes to all fans with a purchase history. I also note that they've got similar complaints to what we've had in the past about gaps between sales windows. Coventry only have 3 sales windows for this match currently - ST holders, then members with 50 loyalty points, then members with a purchase history. There's a full week between each sales window which is daft. Also, some fans are confused as to what constitutes a purchase history - some think that buying something from the souvenir shop qualifies! Yet surely it's ticket purchases. The feeling amongst some Coventry fans is that it will sell out one way or another but they'll probably have to let ST holders buy extra. Obviously they can't just put it on open sale as the local Rags will snap them up:

"We'll be the laughing stock of English football if we don't sell out" says the Coventry fan.

It's madness how the number of empty seats has been elevated on the internet to almost the status of points lost or goals conceded. Nobody gave a fuck until a few years ago. It's obvious that a club like Coventry won't have the demand as a Man United obecaue they don't have generations of glory hunters attaching themselvesd to the club.

I swear nobody cared about whether a club sold out their stadium or not even 20 years ago. Fans doing need congratulating because there happen to be a lot of them. It's easy to support a big succesful club, If any football fans deserve any kind of cogratulations it's 100 Morecombe fans travelling to Exeter on a Wednesday.

The internet and the rise of the armchair glory hunting Sky TV "fan" is behind this. Ironically I think they are the ones doing the infantile attendence measuring.

"We'll be the laughing stock of English football if we don't sell out" says the Coventry fan.

It's madness how the number of empty seats has been elevated on the internet to almost the status of points lost or goals conceded. Nobody gave a fuck until a few years ago. It's obvious that a club like Coventry won't have the demand as a Man United obecaue they don't have generations of glory hunters attaching themselvesd to the club.

I swear nobody cared about whether a club sold out their stadium or not even 20 years ago. Fans doing need congratulating because there happen to be a lot of them. It's easy to support a big succesful club, If any football fans deserve any kind of cogratulations it's 100 Morecombe fans travelling to Exeter on a Wednesday.

The internet and the rise of the armchair glory hunting Sky TV "fan" is behind this. Ironically I think they are the ones doing the infantile attendence measuring.
The only game I can ever remember thinking about empty spaces was an FA Cup semi Wimbledon/Luton if I remember correctly at White Hart Ln.

The only game I can ever remember thinking about empty spaces was an FA Cup semi Wimbledon/Luton if I remember correctly at White Hart Ln.
I remember Man United/ARsenal semi final replay being half empty on the telly and I remember thinking "It must have been hard work sorting tickets out at short notice because that game would normally sell out". And that was that. I swear that's how it used to be.

Spot on. Fans who stay at home and mock empty seats is really, really pathetic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.