Seat Counters - 2023/24

There were two derbies at Old Trafford, one where we had 200 tickets. Think it was the Keane/ Haaland game.

And another where our allocation was zero. 1-0 early United goal before I’d even got there. Scholes maybe.

I’m guessing they were the two lowest capacities in recent times. Unless there was another reason for those allocations, that I’ve forgotten about.
I remember those.

I ended up in the car waiting for my mates who had tickets, stuck in a car park. When Brightwell scored I was going mad and I looked around and there were a couple of blues jumped out of the very next car celebrating. We all jumped around together and then got back in the car to listen to the end of the game.
I was in the Stretford Paddock for that game with a fair few other blues

Old Trafford's capacity was slashed after the Hillsborough disaster in 1989, as was the capacity at every other ground. It might've been 58k before then (I had around 56k in mind) but it wasn't afterwards. On top of that, I definitely remember restrictions being put in place on the capacity for that February 1990 derby because of the trouble at Maine Road the previous September.
I didn't know about the reduced capacity due to Hillsborough but they still got crowds over 47k. There was definitely no further reduction for the derby so I believe my point still stands

I didn't know about the reduced capacity due to Hillsborough but they still got crowds over 47k. There was definitely no further reduction for the derby so I believe my point still stands
There were definitely restrictions on ticket sales. Maybe you needed 10 tokens or whatever. They needed to stop fans mixing in home ends after the big kick off in the 5-1.

Yeah, they should do. However, having a look on their forum there are plenty of complaints about the sales process. Apparently a lot of ST holders have bought match tickets for friends and family in the past but many of those people they bought for don't have an account, let alone a purchase history, so will be excluded when it goes to all fans with a purchase history. I also note that they've got similar complaints to what we've had in the past about gaps between sales windows. Coventry only have 3 sales windows for this match currently - ST holders, then members with 50 loyalty points, then members with a purchase history. There's a full week between each sales window which is daft. Also, some fans are confused as to what constitutes a purchase history - some think that buying something from the souvenir shop qualifies! Yet surely it's ticket purchases. The feeling amongst some Coventry fans is that it will sell out one way or another but they'll probably have to let ST holders buy extra. Obviously they can't just put it on open sale as the local Rags will snap them up:

I'm sure they took around 50k for the EFL trophy and the media had a field day. They obviously used us as the example and said that Coventry have a better support whilst City struggle to sell out.
I love that the context is always used with the media NOT!. Not to mention Coventry is about 1 hr 30 from Wembley. Coventry were struggling to get 10k not long ago

The 200 tickets game was 1992/93 and the Scholes 1-0 defeat zero tickets game was 1995/96. Keane/Haaland game was 2000/01 with a full allocation of City fans

All I was going off is we were sat round about level with the edge of the penalty area in the 200 ticket game and also similar area for the Haaland game. I don’t remember sat that far round for normal allocation games.

But my memory and reality are often two very different things. So doesn’t mean much really.

All I was going off is we were sat round about level with the edge of the penalty area in the 200 ticket game and also similar area for the Haaland game. I don’t remember sat that far round for normal allocation games.

But my memory and reality are often two very different things. So doesn’t mean much really.
When we used to get the scoreboard end standing we always used to get a strip of seats level with the edge of the penalty box in the main stand there. It went from front to back, right next to where the away end is now. My memory tells me it was 850 seats but I don't know where I've got that from. I remember being at Anfield around the same time and we got a similar allocation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.