Seat Counters - 2023/24

No they didnt. The reduced capacity (following the All seater requirement) was 43k so 47k as you quote was impossible. Their capacity at certain periods was down to 30/35k around that time.
It was around 47,000 until they knocked down the Stretford end at the end of the 91/92, when the new one went up the capacity was around 44,000, when they pulled the United Road stand down after that it was around 33-35,000 until the stand was built and it went up to 56,000 around 1996. When they first won the league in 93 the new Stretford End was half built and i think they had about 40,000 max capacity for the.

Old Trafford definitely wasn't all seater in 89/90. They got over 47k against Arsenal for the opening game of the season. They got over 46k for the Liverpool match a couple of weeks after the Brightwell Derby. There was definitely no extra restrictions for the derby, they just couldn't be arsed.
I don't know if you are missing my posts or ignoring them mate but there were big restrictions on ticket sales for that derby because of the trouble at Maine Road. They would have retricted it by requiring vouchers from the programs because that's how it was done in those days. I know 100% because I listened to the game on the radio outside the stadium along with hundreds of others. Even the touts didn't have tickets.

I'm not here to stand up for United but that's how it was. 100%.

I don't know if you are missing my posts or ignoring them mate but there were big restrictions on ticket sales for that derby because of the trouble at Maine Road. They would have retricted it by requiring vouchers from the programs because that's how it was done in those days. I know 100% because I listened to the game on the radio outside the stadium along with hundreds of others. Even the touts didn't have tickets.

I'm not here to stand up for United but that's how it was. 100%.
There were plenty of City fans in the home end

If we can get through to the CL final again we wil lhave a great Seat Count ahead. The allocation has just been announced at 25K.

Who else queued up for tickets for the 200 ticket game?

They gave out raffle tickets to the first 100 in the queue. Two tickets each. They went on sale at 9 am Saturday morning. I’ve no idea what time the first people got there but we got there about 5 pm Friday and got numbers 98 and 99.

They let us in the ground for shelter at some point during the evening. But a couple of ‘incidents’ ensured that never happened again.

Would have been easier to just flog the tickets once the 100 people were there on Friday.

Pretty sure it was Leeds away on the Saturday. Not much sleep that weekend.

If we can get through to the CL final again we wil lhave a great Seat Count ahead. The allocation has just been announced at 25K.
Unfortunately, if it's like Istanbul then there may not be a seat counting operation in play. You may only be able to select your category with specific seats allocated at a later date, and with no clue how many are left in each section.

What's your hunch? Would everyone on the cup scheme get one this time? Much to ponder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.